PDA

View Full Version : Project boat - Classic 16 $1,200

The Hedgehog
02-25-2008, 10:54 AM
My father stumbled across a sad sight in Florence Alabama. A run down 16 for sale with trailer for $1,200. I don't know about the condition of the glass or much else, but I just thought I would float this out there if anyone is looking for a project.

If anyone wants to know more shoot me a pm. and I can get you directions to the boat.

SilverBack
02-27-2008, 01:27 AM
BG,
Did he get any pictures or a phone number?

I am not really looking for a porject..or not another one anyway but that is in my price range and it is not too far from where I live. Do you think that could be the one for me?

Do you think the Gorilla would fit in there if it doesn't work out in the ZX?? J/K

What is up with the Mazola oil?? I am still speechless!!!

BlownCrewCab
02-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Can someone Please Splain the Mazola Oil?????
It's gotta be interesting!!!!!!

The Hedgehog
02-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Let's just say that it has a lot to do with my avatar!

BlownCrewCab
02-27-2008, 09:38 AM
10-4 :thumbsup: :flash::lame2:

Last Real Texan
02-27-2008, 02:41 PM
AKA Astroglide

gcarter
02-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Let's just say that it has a lot to do with my avatar!
Do I really want to know about the one or the other?????

:confused::doh:

vonkamp
02-27-2008, 09:13 PM

uhhhh........no

SilverBack
02-28-2008, 03:59 AM
The Z boat guys are a big disgrace!! They can't get their minds straight...no wonder they like the z boats..they NEED the cabin!! :eek::eek: I guess that I will fit in fine!!:bonk:

So what does that say for the Z girls??:doh:

I want to go on record saying that if Bill changes his BGZX to something else that it should be Astroglide!!!!

BlownCrewCab
02-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Maybe "AssTroGlide" Could be the name of someones Z Boat....

The Hedgehog
02-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Ok, Ok, I will elaborate on the whole astroglide situation. We actually did have a coed mazola slide at my lake house one time. My yard had a steep incline that slopes to the lake, we had a 150 foot long piece of plastic sheeting and around 1:30 am well you get the picture! What started as a joke became reality. Lots of screaming and grass burn. I am sure that the neighbors were really impressed. They usually just looked at us and shook their heads anyway. So were everyone in the house that went to bed early.

Actually it was not anything dirty. Mostly stupid human tricks. And we learned that dishwashing soap works best.

I do sort of like the Astroglide name though.

Now as far as the ballgags, zippermask and twister board...

The Hedgehog
02-28-2008, 07:54 AM

No George, you probably don't:shocking:

The Hedgehog
02-28-2008, 07:57 AM
You know, I have never met Keith in person but fully expect that he would have been involved in project Astroglide. I visualize a big dude boing off the end of the slide full blast!

Donzi Racer
02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
My father stumbled across a sad sight in Florence Alabama. A run down 16 for sale with trailer for $1,200. I don't know about the condition of the glass or much else, but I just thought I would float this out there if anyone is looking for a project.

If anyone wants to know more shoot me a pm. and I can get you directions to the boat.

I saw a Donzi 16 on hwy 72 over there a few months ago. It had a sign beside it that said $1,000. I thought oh boy get that thing cheap. I called the man that had a shop next to it and asked about it and he said the sign was for a trailer that sold. Is it the same boat? Did your father talk to anyone about it? It was minus engine and drive, the one I saw. Tom

The Hedgehog
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I saw a Donzi 16 on hwy 72 over there a few months ago. It had a sign beside it that said $1,000. I thought oh boy get that thing cheap. I called the man that had a shop next to it and asked about it and he said the sign was for a trailer that sold. Is it the same boat? Did your father talk to anyone about it? It was minus engine and drive, the one I saw. Tom

I don't know but will find out. This was a few days ago so if the trailer sold it was still there.

Was the boat white or a cream color?

Donzi Racer
02-29-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't know but will find out. This was a few days ago so if the trailer sold it was still there.

Was the boat white or a cream color?

Sorry, did not make myself clear enough on the trailer. he said the sign which was 1200 obo was for a cargo trailer that used to be for sale and got sold. I went back today and it was still there. The sign is up against the side of the boat. Looks like the boat is for sale. The guy I talked to may be trying to get it cheaper for himself. Anyway the boat is red top, red sides and while botom. No motor or outdrive. Let me know what your Dad finds out. Tom

The Hedgehog
03-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Sorry, did not make myself clear enough on the trailer. he said the sign which was 1200 obo was for a cargo trailer that used to be for sale and got sold. I went back today and it was still there. The sign is up against the side of the boat. Looks like the boat is for sale. The guy I talked to may be trying to get it cheaper for himself. Anyway the boat is red top, red sides and while botom. No motor or outdrive. Let me know what your Dad finds out. Tom

I think this is a different boat. This one had a volvo

Donzi Racer
03-06-2008, 04:51 PM
I think this is a different boat. This one had a volvo

Would definitely be interested if you can get any info on it. Hard to believe 2 early 16 foot donzi's in florence alabama both asking $1200. ha ha ha But who knows? Tom

The Hedgehog
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Would definitely be interested if you can get any info on it. Hard to believe 2 early 16 foot donzi's in florence alabama both asking $1200. ha ha ha But who knows? Tom

I agree. Who knows, I will definately investigate further.

Chrish
03-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Can you get a phone number to contact the owner?

Chrish
03-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Maybe "AssTroGlide" Could be the name of someones Z Boat....

I named my Z33 "Carbon Footprint"

Chrish
03-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Any news on the boats location?

Chrish
03-20-2008, 11:15 AM

I found the boat in question and it is NOT for sale. The sign was for something else and was misleadingly close to the boat.....DAMN!