PDA

View Full Version : Lake George Spring Dust-Off 2008

Scott Pearson
02-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Ok guys,
Here is the agenda for the Lake George Donzi Classic Clubs Spring Dust-Off 2008.

The Agenda for Our 13th Annual Spring Dustoff

The Club is happy to announce the agenda for our 13th annual Dustoff weekend June 13th to 15th 2008. We have gotten some very positive feedback on the format from last year and we will leave the format the same for this year. We will also try and add some other elements that will make your stay with us more enjoyable. It will be a show and Poker run on the best lake in the world.
Awards for the show will be given out in the following categories:
Owners Choice: presented to the boat selected by the owners at the show as their favorite
Vintage Classic: presented to the oldest boat at the show
Legacy Classic: presented to the boat with the most historic significance
Heritage Classic: presented to the boat in the best original condition
Renaissance Classic: presented to the best boat restoration
Sojourn Classic: presented to the boat that traveled the farthest to attend

The Club as always showcases the Donzi Classic and the people that share the love for them have become a family. The format for this year poker run will not only showcase each model of Classics it will make the run a group activity. For each leg of the run a Boat that knows the lake will be selected as the Lead boat. The lead boat will fly the Donzi colors and all similar boats to that model will take up the formation on that boat thus showcasing that model or type of boat. The order will be as follows
Leg 1 to the village: will be the rare or uncommon Classic, minx, criterion, hornet etc.
Leg 2 to stop 2: will be the 18 classic
Leg 3 to stop 3: will be the 22 classic
Leg 4 to stop 4: will be the 16 classic
Leg 5 to the Algonquin : To be Determined
We feel this format offers each owner the chance for their spot in the sun or clean water. It also offers the comfort and safety of traveling in numbers and for those that are new to the lake it takes the worry of getting lost away. We hope this format will make this year’s Dustoff the best Donzi experience one can ever have.

Friday 7 PM Arrival meet and greet ****tail Party location to be announced.
Saturday 8 AM Registration for the annual Lake George Donzi Classic Boat Show and Poker Run. (Coffee and Danish will be served) Boats must arrive at the docks no later than 8:30am to be entered in the show ( Arrive with full gas tanks !!!!!)
Saturday 9:15 AM Driver Safety Meeting.
Saturday 9:30 AM Start of Poker Run.
Saturday 11:45 AM Return to the Algonquin to play your hand and vote for your owners choice, have lunch and the rest of the afternoon free to cruise the Lake.
Saturday 6:30-7 PM Meet us at the Algonquin for a pre-dinner ****tail. (Please don’t bring boats back to the Algonquin docks that evening)
Saturday 7-8 PM Dinner will be served
Saturday 8:15 - ? PM The Awards ceremony, raffle and club Auction will take place.
Sunday 10:30AM Full Lake cruise! , (Weather permitting), meeting place on the water to be determined, plus a stop for lunch and you’ll back on your trailers by 3:30 PM.
As you can see we have a full weekend of events planned. And keeping with The Lake George Donzi Clubs tradition we will be having the awards dinner at the Algonquin Bar and Grill. Please get your tickets for dinner in advance by filling out the registration form and sending out a check to the clubs address. It will be $35.00 a person in advance $40.00 a person after May 15th 2008. The price for dinner includes tip. It will be

BUIZILLA
02-23-2008, 06:36 AM
:) :yes: :beer: :angryfire: :rock: :thewave:

Air 22
02-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Sir Lord of Master Docks:)...as always looking fwd to the Dust-Off on beautiful Lake George..The Queen of American Lakes.!
It will interesting to run with the likes of those FL boyz...Sandbagger and his sidekick Shaggy The Mad 540Bulldog Poodle..the antics of Dr.Dan and his Got Blue Shorty Look at my Roadtrip 80mph Spray...and of course my Brother in Covert Ops Bravo 1..along with a long list of many other fine folks that make this a truley great event:) Can't wait to see everyone again for Super Weekend of Boating and Friends..and making new friends!!:)

bob haver
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Sir Lord of Master Docks:)...as always looking fwd to the Dust-Off on beautiful Lake George..The Queen of American Lakes.!
It will interesting to run with the likes of those FL boyz...Sandbagger and his sidekick Shaggy The Mad 540Bulldog Poodle..the antics of Dr.Dan and his Got Blue Shorty Look at my Roadtrip 80mph Spray...and of course my Brother in Covert Ops Bravo 1..along with a long list of many other fine folks that make this a truley great event:) Can't wait to see everyone again for Super Weekend of Boating and Friends..and making new friends!!:)
ditto that bravo 2 :wink: more secerts in the works we should have all worked out by the dust off ya think:popcorn::smash: can't wait to see everyone

Dr. Dan
02-25-2008, 08:13 PM
:thewave::clap::fam::band:
:spongebob:Well, it's that time again...where we get teased with the random Spring like weather, then hammered with more Snow or Ice. Its the time when Bench Racing reaches a fever pitch. So while you're planing your Summer...why not make your reservations for attending the Premier Donzi Classic Event on the Planet.
No where else will a Shiney Fully Restored Beauty lose an Award for most Orignal to a less than Shiney Brand New Project Classic that someone uncovered from someones Barn. It happens here because we see the potential, we appreciate the rarity of the Jewel and the Sparkle of Pride in the Father & Son who do it as a common passion, the Man who rekindles his youth because when he was young he "always wanted a Donzi."
Enjoy the Calm mornings as the Fog lifts off the Lake as you awake to hear the Fishermen head to their favorite Spot. See the Classics Rolling through the Village as they arrive...one at a time...pulling into Treasure Cove.
Anticipate the Good Times, the great laughs and the Family we all have become and join us in Lake George this June.
I will always hold a special place in my heart for those friends I met there back in 2001 - my first DustOff. I talked to FastEddie several times trying to anticipate all I would need, now it has become second nature. Most of these Classic Owners are now very close friends, some I now spend Holidays and Vacations with... some have become too close and I try to distance myself from them at every social opportunity...but my efforts are futile(Johnny Revlon).:salute:
That aside, we will be releasing a full line of Lake George Donzi Classic Club items. Clothing and Gear that will be second to none, all of which will be unique to the Lake George Club and feature our new Logo. So come prepared to go away Stylin... I promise it will knock your socks off!:worthy:
We will bring plenty of Stock to fit most everyones requests, but we will also be able to Custom Order any item in any Size or Color Available to satisfy even the most particular Donzi Crew.:smash:
I am once again excited as a kid to share in another Special Donzi Weekend that has always set the standard for a really great Event. Great for the Family or a Blast with your Pals...who knows... you might even meet some new Crew Members... I have heard stories...Urban Legend I am sure... but man...what a crowd.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again and welcoming some new folks! Its only a little over 3 months away....:beer:
Be There or Be Envious! :thumbsup:
Doc of Donzi Hardwear :flash:

Air 22
02-25-2008, 08:51 PM
ditto that bravo 2 :wink: more secerts in the works we should have all worked out by the dust off ya think:popcorn::smash: can't wait to see everyone

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:doh:....Be very very quite:smash::popcorn::beer::D

bob haver
02-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:doh:....Be very very quite:smash::popcorn::beer::D
i won't, i promise bravo 2:wink: unlike dannys pretty hd truck which is cool now we have nice ride for the girls (cool beans).

Air 22
02-25-2008, 09:21 PM
i won't, i promise bravo 2:wink: unlike dannys pretty hd truck which is cool now we have nice ride for the girls (cool beans).
:drunk::alky::drinkbeer::

bob haver
02-25-2008, 09:26 PM
:drunk::alky::drinkbeer::shocker::shocker::tase::: fam:
thats way too funny

roadtrip se
02-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Sir Lord of Master Docks:)...It will interesting to run with the likes of those FL boyz...Sandbagger and his sidekick Shaggy The Mad 540Bulldog Poodle..the antics of Dr.Dan and his Got Blue Shorty Look at my Roadtrip 80mph Spray...and of course my Brother in Covert Ops Bravo 1..!!:)

If she will let me, I am bringing the 18 this year.

Shortie spray got blue beast is on hiatus for the 2008 season, but she will be back, with a little "freshening" for 2009.

But in the mean time, the little 18 isn't anything to just ignore and hope it goes away....

Looking forward to hanging out on the dock with the Doc and the rest of the gang.

glashole
02-27-2008, 07:15 AM
booked

need for speed
02-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Can't wait! will be solo again this year.. well maybe!
OOO Bob will you share the girls this year?:smash::smash:

How many FL boys can we get north this year??

Kirbyvv
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Charles, glad your coming back. Try to drag that Chrome Gorilla guy with you.

bob haver
02-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Can't wait! will be solo again this year.. well maybe!
OOO Bob will you share the girls this year?:smash::smash:

How many FL boys can we get north this year??
THE GIRLS WILL BE THERE:cool: charles i think we can do that you never know what can happen in lake george this will be a great year lots of boats ,great people ,docs handling the clothing line which any one who has bought from doc knows how good the clothing line is plus the other stuff like towels ,bags etc. i have talked to scott and matt they are working hard on the dust off this will be a great dust off.NOW where is smacker or rooster boy??????:smash:

Jack Frost
02-29-2008, 07:44 AM
damn another year I am going to miss it.......probably will have great weather like last year oh well :(

BigGrizzly
03-01-2008, 10:40 AM
We are booked and ready. The first and only mate is ready to go, she had a really good time last year!!!

slapshot11
03-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Team Slapshot is booked and will return! Can't wait to see everyone again.

Dr. Dan
03-02-2008, 10:28 AM
:wavey::thewave::woot:

:screwy:How cool is it that Friday the 13th is falling the weekend of the 13th Annual DustOff.

I think this will be one of the best ever DustOffs... we are gonna have some really significant attendees... so for those of you who have never met any of these characters...or you are wondering how to approach your own restoration project, this is a great place to come see and ask questions. Lets look at the Personalities that Come to Lake George!:thumbsup:

Scott Pearson - To anyone who has met or seen his work and/or his 18 Classic.... there is not a better person to share your dream and passion with than Scott. He is a visionary and has the Artistic Style and Creative Methods and Talent to actaully execute a full Restoration, Scott is skilled in all areas of what it takes to pull these Dreams into Reality.

Lenny Green - What can I say, when it comes to enthusiast, well there is a picture of Lenny in the Dictionary next to that word. Lenny has assembled his own Armada of Classic Boats. He regularly shows up half way across the World at a Donzi Event, plus Deneen has an infectious smile...definitely my favorite part of Lenny. :wavey: He comes in from British Columbia... so lets not hear about Travel and Committment. Few people have a broader depth of Classics and Donzi History than Lenny.

Big Grizzly - Truly a Donzi Registry Icon, this man often goes unrecognized in my opinion as a true unsung hero.... first off Randy is not some Kid, he isn't breaking down every Event... he runs what he brung, and what he brung is gonna Kick Your Ass, maybe not as Shiney, Maybe not so Blingified as Johnny Revlons - Bling Machine, but Randy Carabelli is a Legend amongst us folks.. he comes to Events, he owns one of the Fastest Donzis in his ProCharged Criterion 22. Griz is one of those men you will meet and engage in a conversation and feel like he is a distant relative you really wanna spend more time with. Barb his first mate...is a one of the nicest kind hearted women you will ever have the privaledge of meeting.
Their Family lives and breathes the Donzi Tradition, the Passion and the real no BS Performance and Shade Tree Results that exemplifies some of those characters you read about in Thunderboat Row, or Sea Race... or whatever. Griz is not the Ego Maniac that pervades the Rallies or the Donzi Threads... you don't see him coming... but I can assure you, you will see his Transom alot... take time to meet Randy and Barb, one day you will be glad you did! I feel honored just to know them. :salute:

Poodle & Buizilla - I am gonna lump these two Legends together...because they really are the Ying and Yang of the Registry...the Salt & Pepper that spice up the posts, with real world knowledge and proven results. Both are self made men, they own their own Business, both are self depricating and humble in their accomplishments. Both are quick to lend a helping hand or offer a real solution or option that might be the ticket to your Donzi's mysterious malady. I am priveledged to call these guys friends...and many of us here share that luxury... I feel like I have Family in Miami if I ever need them, they are always there. I can't say enough about Scott Baxter or Jim Haas, I guess Poodle is the pre-eminent Leader and Patriarch to the Registry... he does more things and monitors more stuff than he ever gets credit for. And Jim- well he is kinda like the Registry Equivalent to John Wayne, you definitely want him on your side in a gun fight... and he's always gonna be there... armed with his years of Racing and Motor knowledge, both of these guys, could be considered our contemporary Legends... so make a point to share a drink or two with them, it will be time well spent.

Fast Eddie - What would a DustOff be if Eddie & Augusta were'nt there? Eddie is a Legend in his own mind, if ya don't believe him just ask him... he will tell ya! :D All kidding aside... Eddie has always been a strong supporter to the Legend that is Donzi...he established this entire Event, his wife still puts up with all the BS which is a miracle in and of itself. Eddie got me hooked and lit the Passion of doing the Events....its a spark that will never go out in me... not sure weather to blame him for that, or to Thank Him... :angel:
Eddie now sports another Aronow creation (Formula) but he is proud of his Lake, and he is proud to share the Donzi experience with us all... he is a great man and we all need to recognize both him and Augusta for the Trail they blazed to help the DustOff be the Gold Standard for Donzi Events. This event spawned the Lake Winnie and Awakening of the Horses Events for those of you ... new to the Game. Thanks Eddie and Augusta we all owe you. :salute:

Listen there are alot of great people that come to Lake George...fact is its an experience that rekindles the little kid in us all. The Town of Lake George & Bolton Landing...they make you want to come back, they feel like the Summer Vacation places you went to when you were young. This Lake is an American Icon, it is a jewel in the middle of the Vistas that most people only see in movies like Sound of Music.... if you have never been, if you are even a little bit curious... or if you love your Donzi and want to pick the brains of some of the Worlds most knowledgeable Talent, then why would you miss the Spring DustOff? :lame2:

Clear the calender...make the reservations... the Kids are outta school...so send them to Camp, bring them and drag them behind the Boat or lock them in the Cabin...but don't miss the 13th Annual Spring DustOff! :screwy:

Doc of Legendary Commentary :clap:

Sweet little 16
03-08-2008, 08:16 AM
making arrangements today hopefully get a room where the action is
just got this in an email>>>.................................

FYI UPDATE

We have always had a safe and enjoyable run with very little scrutiny by the local lake patrol in Lake George we plan on KEEPING it that way. This year we will be adopting some new safety procedures, some of these are requirements that MUST be followed some are suggestions that we would hope you follow as they make sense for your safety as well as others.

We realize that everyone wants to run their boat and they will have more than an chance to do that, we also know that for the first timer there is a level of anxiety that comes with going to a new event unfamiliar waters and people. Let me assure you, you will find no better water or people on the planet. The format of the run will let seasoned veteran and the newbie on the lake enjoy and see the entire lake in the safety of numbers.

Lake George Park Commission Requirements

1. a lake pass: purchased at any marina usually under $15 for a week pass all boats must have them displayed as the sticker instructs

2. there is a 45 mph speed limit

3. Noise the lake has a 90db limit and they do enforce it, (we have not had much attention to our group but if you run open pipes or close to shore like a mad man they will find you ! please if you know your boat is EXCESSIVELY loud and have been thinking of installing mufflers do it if you have them use them, we will also take routes on the lake that will keep us away from the shore line also keep in mind we have members with old Holman moody setups to 500 HP + motors with headers and we have not been a target for the patrols

Lake George Donzi Classic Club Requirements

1. No alcohol before or during the run( we have never had a problem with this but it must be said)

2. Everyone in the boat must wear a USCG APPROVED PFD type III at all times during the run

3. No passing the Flag/Pace boat

4. Adherence to any other items set forth at the drivers safety meeting including but not limited to boat spacing and routes during the run

5. if the boat is equipped with a safety laynard it must be worn by the driver

any violation of the above will result in a disqualification from the poker run and show and may lead to other disciplinary action deemed appropriate by the Club

Safety Suggestions

1. each boat be equipped with the "USCG safety package"

2. If you have a hand held VHF radio or cell phone bring it communication by cell is spotty at best but if we have a network of phones and radios we can relay messages

3. first aid kits

4. hand held gps

We appreciate everyone's cooperation in this and Thank You all for your support of the club. Looking forward to seeing you, get that winter Donzi project done!!
If you have any question or concerns please contact us

LGDCC

Air 22
03-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Matty...Nice Work:smash::wink::yes::beer::drive::thewave::fam:

We are looking fwd to yet another Great Event..:band::rock:

Sweet little 16
03-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Not Matty
but his better half Marie yes see you all up there

BigGrizzly
03-08-2008, 08:43 AM
I knew Matty wasn't that good, and you are his better half. However I like him too, he gets so enthusiastic about Donzis.

Air 22
03-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Not Matty
but his better half Marie yes see you all up there

Marie...My Bad:doh:...sorry:smash: for addressing the wrong half..forgive me...:worthy:...:wink::wink:

Sweet little 16
03-08-2008, 08:56 AM
:) not a problem
i bet the kids are getting big we;ll see you and the gang up there :) can't wait

BUIZILLA
03-08-2008, 11:20 AM
mandatory tether usage...

Dr. Dan
03-08-2008, 12:58 PM
mandatory tether usage...

Yep, Crissy promises to keep Dwight on a Tether All Weekend....:doh:

Won't be like last year when he drank himself into a Stupper for 16 days and a month of Colonic Therapy! :drinkbeer::alky::toilet:

Can't wait to see the New Family Cruiser loaded down like a Beast of Burden... should make for a totally stress free week for the Speed of Sound - Donzi Owner of Blingafied Vehicles.

:screwy::tase::shocker::banghead:I will be staying far away from the Rig of Bling...

Doc of Preventative Medicine :lame2:

Air 22
03-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Yep, Crissy promises to keep Dwight on a Tether All Weekend....:doh:
Won't be like last year when he drank himself into a Stupper for 16 days and a month of Colonic Therapy! :drinkbeer::alky::toilet:
Can't wait to see the New Family Cruiser loaded down like a Beast of Burden... should make for a totally stress free week for the Speed of Sound - Donzi Owner of Blingafied Vehicles.
:screwy::tase::shocker::banghead:I will be staying far away from the Rig of Bling...
Doc of Preventative Medicine :lame2:

Hey Bus Driver of Preventative Medicine:drive:...Just to be alcoholic-ly correct...It was a 15 Day Bindge:drinkbeer::alky::drunk:
My liver thanks you..:salute: The New Family Cruiser is ready:cool: and will haul the clan with ease...no worries:wink:
Caution there is enough wax on the Rig of Bling that may cause temporary blindness...:shocking:
The Speed of Sound is ready.......:wink::fam::band:

BUIZILLA
03-08-2008, 03:58 PM
no tether installation = no poker run participation :smash:

Sweet little 16
03-09-2008, 09:58 AM
" 5. IF the boat is equipped with a safety laynard" IF being the key phrase

hot shot
03-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm booked to arrive wed pm looking to meet some new friends early... i can't wait oh dr. dan i'll take a bunch of 4xl stuff give me a call or email me.. mickong007@aol.com
734 516 1242
see you all soon

Dr. Dan
03-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm booked to arrive wed pm looking to meet some new friends early... i can't wait oh dr. dan i'll take a bunch of 4xl stuff give me a call or email me.. mickong007@aol.com
734 516 1242
see you all soon

:smash:No problem Mick... I am psyched too, wait 'til ya see all of the Goodies we have planned for the DustOff. It's gonna "Rock Your World".... and ya won't have to do unusually cruel things to your Dog with a Fork to get any of the items, we take Cash! :wavey:

So if you are thinking of getting that special someone, something special or if you just happen to think you yourself are special, or if in Dwights Case you road that really cute small Bus :drive: to Skool when you were growing up...well then you truly are Special!:flash:

Well then you are gonna want some of the really Super Cool - Lake George Gear we have. We have items that will be Auctioned Off ... and bring valuable contributions in excess of 100's of times what the items are actaully worth in a Portuguese Flea Market near Guam on a Hot Summer Day near the equator. :drinkbeer: We also have stuff that you'll actually use!

Yep ... it's all true... weather you select an item out of the seriously way cool and Stylin Donzi Stuff we will have, or if you get sucked into a Bidding War like so many of us do at these Events....either way...when you get home from the Event.... you are really gonna feel like you left part of yourself there! :doh: $$$$

Why last year Roadtrip was commenting how he lost his Toilet Paper at a very critical moment ...and well...:blub: But any way I digress... :band: Lets get back to to why no one who breathes Air should ever miss the DustOff!

So Who Else is gonna be at the DustOff besides the above referenced "Legends Amongst Us" ?

On the lighter side of things...you will have :tase:
The Bravo Boyz in attendence: These guys got together a few years ago and have been causing a flury of Bench Racing Chatter amongst even the most ardent critics of truly unrealized and unsubstantiated speed claims that are seldom rivaled even in Marvel Comics!:screwy: yes even Roadtrip and Mr. X - can't bench talk or strut their stuff any better than these Donzi Lunatics...of course I am talking about none other than Johnny Bravo & Johnny Revlon - aka Air-22 (Dwight) years ago when Dwight was obviously dropped on his head as a Yute, he woke up with a couple of obsessions!
Obsessive Compulsive Behavior 1 : Lights-preferably something Red or with a Candle power that can guide a 747 down from the neither World, maybe even something with some Strobe Action...yes Airboy has a thing for illumination....I mean he has a freaking LED Palm Tree in his living room during the Holidays...I am not kidding here! When you see his Trailer, (which is a Continental - from Poodle BTW) his trailer looks like a landing strip going down the Highway! Bling, Bling Lights, Bling Tool Boxes with Lights, and other Sundries.
Obsessive Compulsive Behavior 2 : Red - yep here is where I named him Revlon one year and well Johnny Revlon just seemed so natural...when you meet Dwight you'll understand... he's the Pretty Boy Floyd all us guys love to hate. But I digress... Dwight has soo much Red Bling accents on his boat ...you forget its a boat and not a Revlon Commercial for Nail Polish... his level of detail and shine is rivaled only by his next obsession which developed last year ... in fact at the DustOff.
Obsessive Compulsive Behavior 3 : Props - yep a Bravo One in fact, in fact, if it can be Air Freighted in a day or so before the next Event its guaranteed to have at least another 4 to 8 mph in it...just from traveling at 25,000 feet prior to being installed on his boat, with other peoples borrowed tools... as if the World is gonna stop rotating when AirHead gains another 3 or 4 miles per hour. Or spends another $1000 on his personal whole in the water.

All the abuse and kidding aside! Dwight is from Lake George - he was lucky enough to call this place home, each year he does the Trek, brings his stunningly beautiful wife Crissy and their future heart breaker daughters Ashley and Alley, and their brother Gavin to the Lake. This year they will travel in unprecedented Style and Luxury in the Bling Mobile Unit. Dwight knows the lake probably better than anyone ...so if ya need to know where to go...he is always the first to tell ya ...just where to go! :shocker:

I abuse him regularly and he responds accordingly.... but the Truth is Dwight has unfortunately become like a brother to me, with all the BS we have shared over the last few years.... I consider him like Family... he will always be able to ride in the Short Bus at my house! Cause hes sooo special. :angel:

Johnny Bravo : aka Haver - Bobby or "Yellow Fever" - I paired Bob with Air Boy as the Bravo Boyz, or whatever ... because he started Dwights realized sickness with props... Bob's 22 Classic is one of the stronger runners in the crowd...it's unmistakeable bright Yellow Stripe, and its great running attitude put Haver in the front of the pack at Events.
Haver is one of those guys who comes across as an innocent Country Guy who happens to own a boat.... then when he kicks your Azz and you see his little Bumble Bee colored Transom go careening buy you.... you're gonna say WTF? :banghead:
Johnny Bravo is the less obsessive compulsive of the 2 Bravo Bothers....but don't mistake that as a weakness or as an excuse to find his boat less than spectacular.... cuz you would be wrong. Havers 22 Classic "Yellow Fever" is a crowd favorite at every Donzi Event. Bob is also one of those guys who knows how to drive... he won't cut you off at the pass, he won't throw you off your line... he's as good a Wing Man as any on the water...or in the Bar for that matter. :wink:

In fact just last year he helped out a poor group of Donzi Girlz :pimptwo:that were without a ride for the Run around Lake George..... It's a tough Job Bob...but someone had to do it? :doh: Other than being charitable and an all around good guy Johnny Bravo is someone you wanna meet at the DustOff this year.... if nothing else ... you can talk to him about his "Stock 502".

Don Neubauer : aka Don N. or Don - No East Coast Event happens without Donny there.... this guy brings new meaning to "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick" - ya see Don owns a Red Testarossa and it recently got some serious life breathed into it! So run him with caution.... as he may not look like its all that much in terms of fancy Airboy Bling... that boat now outruns mine and it never recieves the attention it now deserves.:cool:
Don is one of those guys you will meet at the Event and you'll ask him where's the Chain Saw? He always wears Boots and Blue Jeans, it can be 110 degrees out and there Don will be putting his boat in .... and looking for that group of donzis to run with. Now last year he broke precedent and actually bought some of our Swim Shorts we had at one of the Events... so that was truly a record breaker...think it was Lake Winnie.

Don's real reputation is he almost always wins the Poker Run Hands, I mean consistently year after year... this guy keeps getting the Winning hands... and he doesn't cheat... Cuz ...Haver does and he hasn't even figured out how he does it!

Don is one of the nicest Donzi Owners in our Group, the guy doesn't have an ounce of anger in him, he has to be the mellowest DustOff and Winnie regular we all know. Whatever your situation, Donny is the guy who will be first to step up and lend a hand, and likely offer you a Beer! Or one of his famous ****tails at the Sand Bar...

Now the only adivice I can say is if you're anchored up to or rafting up with Donny.... have him set his own anchor, he has an occassional lapse of memory as to who is actually tied to who...and well .... when you are trying to take off and beat the Massive Monsoon that is coming.... it causes some of us to get creative in those circumstances. :smash:

Don N - is an unregognized Donzi Favorite at any Event he attends, his Red Head 22 Classic really rocks .... now if we can get him a real Anchor?:eek:

Culotta: Well what can ya say about the Silver Fox - George is a character that ya really have to meet in person to truly appreciate... He loves his Red Wine, and seldom is without some, he does do Vodka at the Summer SandBars, but he is famous for his knowledge of Wines. George is a Restaurant Contractor he is also known for his incredible Smoked Meats that he offers up at Events or brings in his cooler... I can tell ya ... the Roast Beast is unbeliveable.

George also is known among the Donzi regulars as the guy who has spent unpublicly the most on his 22 Classic, when he first got his 98 22 Classic, he yanked the Motor out after about a month and dropped in an original Carberated HP500, the boat really rocked then.... comparitivly reliable...it was a solid low 80 mph Classic...all day long.

That wasn't good enough so he got a Whippled 502 Next.... that lasted about a season and he cracked the Block, in fact it was at the 27 mile North mark on Lake George and Lizzy and I towed his ass back to Performance Marine.... that was a long tow. Then he got that rebuilt and it lasted until this past Lake Winnie Event ...when the damn thing took it upon itself to self destruct in a cloud of Smoke.

Now enter the new era, enter 2008 the year of returning to normal aspiration in a new State of the Art- HP 525 EFI, after witnessing the virtually trouble free performance of my little Blue Pill, the Italian Stallion finally got smart ...and is going back to basic $30,000 Motors...in Blue Form of course. Now you're talken George.

We all look forward to the continuation of this story...and hopefully it will have a Happy Ending...time will tell. So say high to Culotta at the Docks, 1998 Red Stripe 22 Classic with a new HP525 in it... it'll be the one with the Wine stashed in the ****pit.:alky:

So there ya have it ... a few more folks to come to know, a few more Legends in their own minds.... a few more of the Family of Friends I have come to love.... at the Lake George DustOff! :thumbsup::thewave:

Be there or be square the 13the Annual DustOff is the Event of 2008!!!!! :band::spongebob::worthy:

Doc of the Donzi Family Tree - Dust This Sucka !!!:clap:

Air 22
03-22-2008, 01:24 PM
:smash:No problem Mick... I am psyched too, wait 'til ya see all of the Goodies we have planned for the DustOff. It's gonna "Rock Your World".... and ya won't have to do unusually cruel things to your Dog with a Fork to get any of the items, we take Cash! :wavey:
So if you are thinking of getting that special someone, something special or if you just happen to think you yourself are special, or if in Dwights Case you road that really cute small Bus :drive: to Skool when you were growing up...well then you truly are Special!:flash:
Well then you are gonna want some of the really Super Cool - Lake George Gear we have. We have items that will be Auctioned Off ... and bring valuable contributions in excess of 100's of times what the items are actaully worth in a Portuguese Flea Market near Guam on a Hot Summer Day near the equator. :drinkbeer: We also have stuff that you'll actually use!
Yep ... it's all true... weather you select an item out of the seriously way cool and Stylin Donzi Stuff we will have, or if you get sucked into a Bidding War like so many of us do at these Events....either way...when you get home from the Event.... you are really gonna feel like you left part of yourself there! :doh: $$$$
Why last year Roadtrip was commenting how he lost his Toilet Paper at a very critical moment ...and well...:blub: But any way I digress... :band: Lets get back to to why no one who breathes Air should ever miss the DustOff!
So Who Else is gonna be at the DustOff besides the above referenced "Legends Amongst Us" ?
On the lighter side of things...you will have :tase:
The Bravo Boyz in attendence: These guys got together a few years ago and have been causing a flury of Bench Racing Chatter amongst even the most ardent critics of truly unrealized and unsubstantiated speed claims that are seldom rivaled even in Marvel Comics!:screwy: yes even Roadtrip and Mr. X - can't bench talk or strut their stuff any better than these Donzi Lunatics...of course I am talking about none other than Johnny Bravo & Johnny Revlon - aka Air-22 (Dwight) years ago when Dwight was obviously dropped on his head as a Yute, he woke up with a couple of obsessions!
Obsessive Compulsive Behavior 1 : Lights-preferably something Red or with a Candle power that can guide a 747 down from the neither World, maybe even something with some Strobe Action...yes Airboy has a thing for illumination....I mean he has a freaking LED Palm Tree in his living room during the Holidays...I am not kidding here! When you see his Trailer, (which is a Continental - from Poodle BTW) his trailer looks like a landing strip going down the Highway! Bling, Bling Lights, Bling Tool Boxes with Lights, and other Sundries.
Obsessive Compulsive Behavior 2 : Red - yep here is where I named him Revlon one year and well Johnny Revlon just seemed so natural...when you meet Dwight you'll understand... he's the Pretty Boy Floyd all us guys love to hate. But I digress... Dwight has soo much Red Bling accents on his boat ...you forget its a boat and not a Revlon Commercial for Nail Polish... his level of detail and shine is rivaled only by his next obsession which developed last year ... in fact at the DustOff.
Obsessive Compulsive Behavior 3 : Props - yep a Bravo One in fact, in fact, if it can be Air Freighted in a day or so before the next Event its guaranteed to have at least another 4 to 8 mph in it...just from traveling at 25,000 feet prior to being installed on his boat, with other peoples borrowed tools... as if the World is gonna stop rotating when AirHead gains another 3 or 4 miles per hour. Or spends another $1000 on his personal whole in the water.
All the abuse and kidding aside! Dwight is from Lake George - he was lucky enough to call this place home, each year he does the Trek, brings his stunningly beautiful wife Crissy and their future heart breaker daughters Ashley and Alley, and their brother Gavin to the Lake. This year they will travel in unprecedented Style and Luxury in the Bling Mobile Unit. Dwight knows the lake probably better than anyone ...so if ya need to know where to go...he is always the first to tell ya ...just where to go! :shocker:
I abuse him regularly and he responds accordingly.... but the Truth is Dwight has unfortunately become like a brother to me, with all the BS we have shared over the last few years.... I consider him like Family... he will always be able to ride in the Short Bus at my house! Cause hes sooo special. :angel:
Johnny Bravo : aka Haver - Bobby or "Yellow Fever" - I paired Bob with Air Boy as the Bravo Boyz, or whatever ... because he started Dwights realized sickness with props... Bob's 22 Classic is one of the stronger runners in the crowd...it's unmistakeable bright Yellow Stripe, and its great running attitude put Haver in the front of the pack at Events.
Haver is one of those guys who comes across as an innocent Country Guy who happens to own a boat.... then when he kicks your Azz and you see his little Bumble Bee colored Transom go careening buy you.... you're gonna say WTF? :banghead:
Johnny Bravo is the less obsessive compulsive of the 2 Bravo Bothers....but don't mistake that as a weakness or as an excuse to find his boat less than spectacular.... cuz you would be wrong. Havers 22 Classic "Yellow Fever" is a crowd favorite at every Donzi Event. Bob is also one of those guys who knows how to drive... he won't cut you off at the pass, he won't throw you off your line... he's as good a Wing Man as any on the water...or in the Bar for that matter. :wink:
In fact just last year he helped out a poor group of Donzi Girlz :pimptwo:that were without a ride for the Run around Lake George..... It's a tough Job Bob...but someone had to do it? :doh: Other than being charitable and an all around good guy Johnny Bravo is someone you wanna meet at the DustOff this year.... if nothing else ... you can talk to him about his "Stock 502".
Don Neubauer : aka Don N. or Don - No East Coast Event happens without Donny there.... this guy brings new meaning to "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick" - ya see Don owns a Red Testarossa and it recently got some serious life breathed into it! So run him with caution.... as he may not look like its all that much in terms of fancy Airboy Bling... that boat now outruns mine and it never recieves the attention it now deserves.:cool:
Don is one of those guys you will meet at the Event and you'll ask him where's the Chain Saw? He always wears Boots and Blue Jeans, it can be 110 degrees out and there Don will be putting his boat in .... and looking for that group of donzis to run with. Now last year he broke precedent and actually bought some of our Swim Shorts we had at one of the Events... so that was truly a record breaker...think it was Lake Winnie.
Don's real reputation is he almost always wins the Poker Run Hands, I mean consistently year after year... this guy keeps getting the Winning hands... and he doesn't cheat... Cuz ...Haver does and he hasn't even figured out how he does it!
Don is one of the nicest Donzi Owners in our Group, the guy doesn't have an ounce of anger in him, he has to be the mellowest DustOff and Winnie regular we all know. Whatever your situation, Donny is the guy who will be first to step up and lend a hand, and likely offer you a Beer! Or one of his famous ****tails at the Sand Bar...
Now the only adivice I can say is if you're anchored up to or rafting up with Donny.... have him set his own anchor, he has an occassional lapse of memory as to who is actually tied to who...and well .... when you are trying to take off and beat the Massive Monsoon that is coming.... it causes some of us to get creative in those circumstances. :smash:
Don N - is an unregognized Donzi Favorite at any Event he attends, his Red Head 22 Classic really rocks .... now if we can get him a real Anchor?:eek:
Culotta: Well what can ya say about the Silver Fox - George is a character that ya really have to meet in person to truly appreciate... He loves his Red Wine, and seldom is without some, he does do Vodka at the Summer SandBars, but he is famous for his knowledge of Wines. George is a Restaurant Contractor he is also known for his incredible Smoked Meats that he offers up at Events or brings in his cooler... I can tell ya ... the Roast Beast is unbeliveable.
George also is known among the Donzi regulars as the guy who has spent unpublicly the most on his 22 Classic, when he first got his 98 22 Classic, he yanked the Motor out after about a month and dropped in an original Carberated HP500, the boat really rocked then.... comparitivly reliable...it was a solid low 80 mph Classic...all day long.
That wasn't good enough so he got a Whippled 502 Next.... that lasted about a season and he cracked the Block, in fact it was at the 27 mile North mark on Lake George and Lizzy and I towed his ass back to Performance Marine.... that was a long tow. Then he got that rebuilt and it lasted until this past Lake Winnie Event ...when the damn thing took it upon itself to self destruct in a cloud of Smoke.
Now enter the new era, enter 2008 the year of returning to normal aspiration in a new State of the Art- HP 525 EFI, after witnessing the virtually trouble free performance of my little Blue Pill, the Italian Stallion finally got smart ...and is going back to basic $30,000 Motors...in Blue Form of course. Now you're talken George.
We all look forward to the continuation of this story...and hopefully it will have a Happy Ending...time will tell. So say high to Culotta at the Docks, 1998 Red Stripe 22 Classic with a new HP525 in it... it'll be the one with the Wine stashed in the ****pit.:alky:
So there ya have it ... a few more folks to come to know, a few more Legends in their own minds.... a few more of the Family of Friends I have come to love.... at the Lake George DustOff! :thumbsup::thewave:
Be there or be square the 13the Annual DustOff is the Event of 2008!!!!! :band::spongebob::worthy:
Doc of the Donzi Family Tree - Dust This Sucka !!!:clap:
Hey...:alky:I resemble that statement...:salute:
Bling and all:shocker:...my insurance company is starting to ask questions ref the continued "Under the Bus Accidents:hangum:...I will fwd u the bill Sir Doc of Instigation:tase:

:shocking:Warning to all:shocking:...If you park your boat in Doc's Coverd Slip at Cappri Village:worthy::worthy:..his sacred 20yr reserved spot:nilly:...u might find it adrift or resting peacfully at the bottom of the lake or being dragged down Rt.9L without a trailer behind his new 2006 F-250...Then I will have to listen to him have a coronary
on how someone dare even think of parking in his spot:nilly:...
I think I'll borrow my Flt Surgeon's Reserved Parking sign to help avoid this disaster..:beer:

speeddaa
03-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Ok, I lived in the fingerlakes (Canandaguia-Victor) area for 30 years and never went to Lake George till last year. And I moved to Charlotte NC. 15 years ago! So if I feel compelled to drag my '97 25'ZX up to the beautiful Lake George area for the dust off will you run me out of town because its not a "classic"?? I live on Lake Norman here in NC. and have had two Donzi's. The wife and I love'em. what do ya think??

Dr. Dan
03-23-2008, 09:02 AM
:smash:Speed Boy - No one will run you out of Town, but the DustOff is a Donzi Classic Event... The Fall Picnic is the "Open Class Event" so any style Donzi is welcome then, at the DustOff it is reserved for Classics, in fact it is the only "Classics Only Event" so .... take that for what it is....

Each year we get the same question, our intent is to keep the Event what it is, a Classic Only Event.... there are no other Runs or Events that do this, and it is part of what the DustOff is historically.

I would suggest if ya wanna come play before the Fall Picnic, come over to Lake Cumberland for our May 16th Event-The Awakening of the Horses...this Event is open to all Donzis and other Aronow Designs and just about anything that floats...also our Lake Winnipausaukee Donzi Poker Run is always a Blast in New Hampshire --always the last Saturday in July.:beer:

Feel Free to private mail me... if you have specific questions, maybe I can be of help.

We have lots of Events all around the Country...

Safe Boating

Doc of the Bay :spongebob:

bob haver
03-30-2008, 07:13 PM
:smash:Speed Boy - No one will run you out of Town, but the DustOff is a Donzi Classic Event... The Fall Picnic is the "Open Class Event" so any style Donzi is welcome then, at the DustOff it is reserved for Classics, in fact it is the only "Classics Only Event" so .... take that for what it is....

Each year we get the same question, our intent is to keep the Event what it is, a Classic Only Event.... there are no other Runs or Events that do this, and it is part of what the DustOff is historically.

I would suggest if ya wanna come play before the Fall Picnic, come over to Lake Cumberland for our May 16th Event-The Awakening of the Horses...this Event is open to all Donzis and other Aronow Designs and just about anything that floats...also our Lake Winnipausaukee Donzi Poker Run is always a Blast in New Hampshire --always the last Saturday in July.:beer:

Feel Free to private mail me... if you have specific questions, maybe I can be of help.

We have lots of Events all around the Country...

Safe Boating

Doc of the Bay :spongebob:doc i think i need to talk to pearson about you being the offical promotional directer of the dust off (cool beans ) doc cya soon it will be a good show this year :popcorn:

need for speed
03-31-2008, 04:41 PM
:eek!:all booked get in on wednesday now since Chrome is off to sightseeing this year I will have to find a place to wash up the boat.

Dr. Dan
03-31-2008, 04:48 PM
:eek!:all booked get in on wednesday now since Chrome is off to sightseeing this year I will have to find a place to wash up the boat.

Charles I get in Thursday a.m.....but that could change... anyway you bring it over to the Capri and we can detail it... not sure where you're stayin.

Come on Spring.... :smash:

Doc of the Boat House & Spider Shizzle :cool:

undertaker
04-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Well...finally my schedule is allowing me to attend the Spring Dust Off this has always been an event I wanted to attend but there was always a scheduling issue.....sooo this year we will be there....:yes::yes::hyper::hyper: all I need to do is book my room at Capri....we will see everyone in June..:yes:

Undertaker:pimp::pimp:

bob haver
04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Well...finally my schedule is allowing me to attend the Spring Dust Off this has always been an event I wanted to attend but there was always a scheduling issue.....sooo this year we will be there....:yes::yes::hyper::hyper: all I need to do is book my room at Capri....we will see everyone in June..:yes:

thats cool ed i am glad you are finally going to make it :wink: you will have a great time:cool:.

bob

Air 22
04-04-2008, 07:06 PM

Charlie...We R at the Treasure Cove right next to DOC....we arrive SAT the 7th...between Doc and I we have enough detail goodies to clean the Titanic. :wink:and can lend a hand so no worries..:nilly::beer::thewave: PM me and i'll send ya my cell number..

Looking fwd to a great week
:wink:

Air 22
04-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Kool:wink::wink:... another RED boat to follow....lol:doh:

need for speed
04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I am staying At T.C again ! Jun 11 !! should be fun times.!!! :smash:

undertaker
04-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Kool:wink::wink:... another RED boat to follow....lol:doh:

:):):):)

undertaker
04-05-2008, 07:16 AM
thats cool ed i am glad you are finally going to make it :wink: you will have a great time:cool:.

bob

Bob looking forward to it.....see ya there:)

jl1962
04-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Just got my 2008 LG Boat Registration Certificate - Orange this year.

The other picture is from Easter weekend. My daughter and I spent a few fun-filled days at the KVV Ski Academy. Next year we should organize an LGDCC Ski Trip - Kirby's a great skier and an awesome host.

We finished early one day at Gore and dropped in unannounced at Performance. I was happy to find My Favorite Donzi (MFD) in a heated corner of the shop under no fewer than three covers. I'm not really having any work done this winter, I think Rick and Jason just like having the boat around - these guys are the greatest!

Rounding out the picture are a few local riff-raff who wandered in!:wink: Some people just can't stay away from their boats - good thing there's a place for us!

See y'all in a few months.

JL

Dr. Dan
05-03-2008, 09:06 AM
:smash:TTT

roadtrip se
05-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Too much going on with the boats located in Kentucky, the SE down for rehab, a move to who knows where, job hassles, and a thousand other excuses not to take the time to haul a boat up, but I will be there to survey the captains and crews, plus get away from the noise for a few days.

I will be thumbing it and carrying a credit card for gas money!
Haver, are you listening? Gas is on me, but it does mean you have to put me in the boat, so you will have decide whether it is worth it or not. Pay the freight or put up with RTSE.

Looking for a long walk down a short pier at the end of the Capri boat house.

Air 22
05-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Too much going on with the boats located in Kentucky, the SE down for rehab, a move to who knows where, job hassles, and a thousand other excuses not to take the time to haul a boat up, but I will be there to survey the captains and crews, plus get away from the noise for a few days.
I will be thumbing it and carrying a credit card for gas money!
Haver, are you listening? Gas is on me, but it does mean you have to put me in the boat, so you will have decide whether it is worth it or not. Pay the freight or put up with RTSE.
Looking for a long walk down a short pier at the end of the Capri boat house.

Todd...do you want some CHEEZE with that whine of yours:eek!::doh: :tase:Stop making excuses:nilly::smash: and bring a Boat...Road King:drive:... aka DR. Dan:cool: is gonna blow a gasket if his teamate in "GOT BLUE" is boatless...What will the run be without the ROOST? All that said...it looks like there will be some BIG HP attending..:thumbsup:

We r in the Cabin closest to the Lake at TC..u & Jill welcome anytime...there will b daily BBQ events...:wink: We arrive SAT the 7th.

If you Ride in Bravo Ones "Yellow Fever" and or Bravo Two's Very Seriously Slow 22C u will be dubbed Bravo 3:cool::eek::beer:...either way I have seat if ya need one...:wink:

BigGrizzly
05-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Todd, you can have a seat or two with me i n the old Bow rider Criterion with a knew dash and fuel monitoring computer. Barb would love to have you aboard tooa9no sand bars in Lake George)....

Air 22
05-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Todd, you can have a seat or two with me i n the old Bow rider Criterion with a knew dash and fuel monitoring computer. Barb would love to have you aboard tooa9no sand bars in Lake George)....

Grizz.. no sandbars but ROCKS :hangum:are just under the surface up in the Narrows:eek!:

roadtrip se
05-06-2008, 10:27 AM
QUOTE=BigGrizzly;448617]Todd, you can have a seat or two with me i n the old Bow rider Criterion with a knew dash and fuel monitoring computer. Barb would love to have you aboard tooa9no sand bars in Lake George)....[/QUOTE]

Griz,

You and Barb did share an afternoon with us down in Sota on those sandbars, that we won't forget, but everything came out okay. Of course, you know you are going to take a little good-natured ribbing about it on occassion.

There is something pretty cool about running 80+ in a "bowrider", that is unforgetable too. Invite accepted.

Dwight, as the local, it is your job to keep us off the rocks, so keep up would ya?

Air 22
05-06-2008, 03:30 PM
RTSE...Keeping up will NOT be an issue...lol:):) that can be assured!!:):)

BigGrizzly
05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Barb has just read the post and is happy to have you aboard. I am going to need your help on some bling suggestions as well as Pearson's suggestions. Darn We love this boat, every thing I ever wanted.

slapshot11
05-07-2008, 08:28 PM
RTSE, you could ride with team Slapshot but only if you can navigate. I lost one of my two navigators. John is grounded as the result of a winter ski trip incident so I'm down to only 1 navigator (Big Daddy). :shocking:

roadtrip se
05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the offer Norm. And Dwight and Griz. You will notice that my wing man, "the evil twin", has not offered me a seat, because he is leaving his boat open for potential female bridal parties as recruited by Haver...

Not sure how effective I would be as a navigator, seeing how I have only spent a few days at Lake Geo last year, but I guess this all depends on how good the guy was that I am replacing.

My bigger concern is the Team Slapshot uniform. I have seen offshore and poker run teams that did not look as good as your crew did last year. May not have known where they were going, but they sure did look good doing it in that black boat with matching uniforms!

Let me know how I get my duds on order, so I can fit into the group.

Air 22
05-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the offer Norm. And Dwight and Griz. You will notice that my wing man, "the evil twin", has not offered me a seat, because he is leaving his boat open for potential female bridal parties as recruited by Haver...
Not sure how effective I would be as a navigator, seeing how I have only spent a few days at Lake Geo last year, but I guess this all depends on how good the guy was that I am replacing.
My bigger concern is the Team Slapshot uniform. I have seen offshore and poker run teams that did not look as good as your crew did last year. May not have known where they were going, but they sure did look good doing it in that black boat with matching uniforms!
Let me know how I get my duds on order, so I can fit into the group.

In the "Evil Twin's " defense...his MUCH better half Liz :fam::wink: May be flying or renting a car from NYC and arriving Friday evening...So all is not lost on Doc of Instigation and Mental Wellness:shocking::wink::beer:

Todd as for fitting in......ahhhhhh...well.....ahhhhhh what Poodle said....:):)

Dr. Dan
06-01-2008, 09:58 PM
:smash: Found this pic from last year http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/members_drdan/2006_sep2007_318

Great Views of the Lake from the Capri Boat House!

Doc of Fond Memories! :angel:

boxy
06-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey Lake George regulars,
What do I need to bring? What is the weather going to be like?

Dr. Dan
06-02-2008, 11:08 PM

:smash:Bring your Wallet - get some American Cabbage and buy some New Lake George Gear! Or Atlantic Coast Hardwear as it happens to be... we will be able to outfit a small Army.:lame2:

Mornings are Cool - Days are hot... Lake can be breezy and tends to be wet!

Plan on Tee Shirts & Shorts - Sandles - SunGlasses
Pack - 1 pair of Khaki Pants, Blue Jeans, Dress Shirt/Maui or Polo for Fri/Sat Nite,Leather or Lite Jacket, mouthwash so we'll speak to you Saturday and Sunday mornings....

Doc of Contingency Clothing & Random Classic Designs :flash:

Air 22
06-03-2008, 10:13 AM

Boxy..Bring ya Drinking Gear....lol:beer::drinkbeer:

Wx looks nice..:thumbsup:
http://weatherbonk.com/weather/summary.jsp?where=12845&_id=&_className=weathermaps.weather.user.WeatherRequest

glashole
06-03-2008, 08:17 PM
I might not be able to make it to this one :garfield:

I might have to give a hand picking up a new boat for my old man

I will know better in a day or so:smash:

I have cabin on the hill with a couple of rooms at the treasure cove with the deposit paid

if someone is looking for a room drop me a line

glashole
06-04-2008, 07:12 AM
"you obviously can't tell what my house looks like from here so I brought you a picture of it, actually I brought a picture of both my houses- yes, I do have 2, also I have a picture of my boat and my smoker" in case you wanted so see how successful I am :smash:

that being said i will do my best to be there

boxy
06-04-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm starting to pack.

Friday night's T-shirt ......

Air 22
06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm starting to pack.
Friday night's T-shirt ......
The trailer is ready, Donzi full of gas doubling as a U-Haul for storage and the Black on Black Rig of Bling is polished n waxed to fling those dang interstate bugs!:):) The Donzi Road Trip begins this Friday...
Looking fwd to seeing everyone...and Hunting the ever so Shy 496HO with brotha and wingman Bravo 1:)
Lake George is The Queen of American Lakes.:salute:.32miles Long, Miles of open water to run...and run well:thumbsup:... crystal clear water, many islands, 100's of miles of shoreline, Lots of sandy raft-up locations and resturaunts/bars to enjoy:drinkbeer::):) Bring a Classic or bring yourself...just "Bring It"..:):cool::rock:

Kirbyvv
06-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Dwight, Have a safe drive. The water temp is up to a balmy 57 degrees. Still cool enough to turn real men into little boys, but it keeps the engine temp down.

Trueser
06-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm in Ann Arbor next week and trying to figure out how I can pull this off. I would leave the Scorpion at home. I was told that it won't fit in...

And I'm not really a big deal. Just want to take some pictures.

I will be sending some DVD'S for a few of you.

undertaker
06-04-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm in Ann Arbor next week and trying to figure out how I can pull this off. I would leave the Scorpion at home. I was told that it won't fit in...
And I'm not really a big deal. Just want to take some pictures.
I will be sending some DVD'S for a few of you.

Mike hope you can make it....then I could just pick up my DVD at Lake George.....:)

Undertaker:pimp:

Air 22
06-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Dwight, Have a safe drive. The water temp is up to a balmy 57 degrees. Still cool enough to turn real men into little boys, but it keeps the engine temp down.
Hey look at the bright side...we won't need beer:beer: coozie's if the water is 57deg....lol :) c u soon!

Trueser
06-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Mike hope you can make it....then I could just pick up my DVD at Lake George.....:)
Undertaker:pimp:

I will send it with Todd and Genuine Kinda Big Deal

DR Dan
Poodle
Shea The real big deal.
anyone else?

jl1962
06-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Kirby, how's the Lake level?

BTW - I'm not a big deal at all....kind of a small deal actually....but my boat is the REAL DEAL!!!

:yes::wink::boat:

Safe trip y'all!

Air 22
06-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I will send it with Todd and Genuine Kinda Big Deal
DR Dan
Poodle
Shea The real big deal.
anyone else?

I'll throw my name on the list PLEASE!!..Deal, No Deal or Meal Deal...lol:)

Dr. Dan
06-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I'll throw my name on the list..Deal, No Deal or Meal Deal...lol:)

Mike swing on over ...we can always find room for you in fact you can have Todds seat in my boat seeings that I apparently never invited him to join me.... becuase I am a POS.

But What are Evil Twins for if not to embarass each other in a bizarre and somewhat ritualistic way.:lame2:

Doc of The Only Deal - Really !!!! :thumbsup:

Trueser
06-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Mike swing on over ...we can always find room for you in fact you can have Todds seat in my boat seeings that I apparently never invited him to join me.... becuase I am a POS.
But What are Evil Twins for if not to embarass each other in a bizarre and somewhat ritualistic way.:lame2:
Doc of The Only Deal - Really !!!! :thumbsup:

Todd may be a little pissy if you run a drive cooler. Or he can cool it down.

I have a meeting on Thursday in Ann Arbor, and I think that’s more than a swing. Is anyone else running over from Mich? Not flying. Leaving Thursday/Friday....

I have you all over the AOTH DVD. You owned that event. Seriously!!!!

Still trying to swing over..

Dr. Dan
06-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Todd may be a little pissy if you run a drive cooler. Or he can cool it down.
I have a meeting on Thursday in Ann Arbor, and I think that’s more than a swing. Is anyone else running over from Mich? Not flying. Leaving Thursday/Friday....
I have you all over the AOTH DVD. You owned that event. Seriously!!!!
Still trying to swing over..

Metro Airport is about 25 Minutes east on I-94 - Book a Flite to Albany... you might be surprised on the price.... Liz is in the Caribbean and getting back into the Port of New York and then flying into Albany on the 13th... all really big deal people fly to Events! And I can prove that....!

Just ask Todd how he is coming to Lake George this year... is he bringing a boat and Towing it 19 hours ... is he driving his overhorsepowered Hemi? No - He is Flying In because in case no one ever realized - HE'S KINDA A BIG DEAL! Don't believe him just ask him, or Shea!

Mick is driving - and I think he might be the only MadCow with an actual running Vessel in attendence.

If you want a real adventure - fly down to Naples Florida and ride up with Charlie Jackson... now thats a committment....

If Jamie Root would ever consider coming to an Event that might be an option...

Good Luck - Hope to see you...

Doc :smash:

bob haver
06-05-2008, 05:15 AM
ok gang the the forcast for lake george is hot hot and sun but water temp under 60 and lake level is normal :cool::boat::drinkbeer::drunk:

boxy
06-05-2008, 09:21 AM
all really big deal people fly to Events! And I can prove that....!

Good Luck - Hope to see you...
Doc :smash:

I wanna be a BIG DEAL too .........

I think I'm going to stop at the Albany Airport, switch cars, and then head to Lake George.
I'll have a rental car, and everyone will think I flew in.....

BigGrizzly
06-05-2008, 09:22 AM
BravoI is alive and with great input on the weather. We are looking forward to seeing everyone! Engine and trans going back in the Criterion today. If it doesn't work it is Corsican city. Either way we are leaving on Wednesday morning and take a leisure cruise up. Gee I like these events. Funny I live on a nice lake but am looking forward to this trip.

BigGrizzly
06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Boxy, anything for some attention:wink:.

bob haver
06-05-2008, 02:55 PM
BravoI is alive and with great input on the weather. We are looking forward to seeing everyone! Engine and trans going back in the Criterion today. If it doesn't work it is Corsican city. Either way we are leaving on Wednesday morning and take a leisure cruise up. Gee I like these events. Funny I live on a nice lake but am looking forward to this trip.
griz you and barb have a safe trip up cya soon can,t wait:thumbsup:

Donzi Di
06-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey Dwight...

You had better remember to bring Crissy - or you are going to have to answer to me. I need a female drinking partner for the long weekend.

Donzi Di

MDonziM
06-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Scott,

Hope you see this. Sent in reg form and check for 1 + wingman today. Looking foward to my first event and meeting some of the regulars from the board. :yes: Got a room at Capri and should be in late Friday.

Dr. Dan
06-05-2008, 06:31 PM
:wavey:Marshall glad you are coming up - it will be a great time....

I will be in unit 120 I believe its a Corner Unit at the Top of the Hill with a Double Wide Deck...Look for the Donzi Banner!

You have my number... if you're late Friday we will already be at the Bar...so lets touch base so you know where to head once you're settled.

Diana - You have to behave yourself... Baxter sent Teague an email telling her just how crazy you get with too many Appletini's :eek!::alky::tase::drunk::spit:

I am bringing a small Department Store worth of Gear... so I hope you're all in a shopping mood.... lots of new stuff!

Mens Board Shorts, Ladies Board Shorts, Ladies Polos, Ladies Fleece in all new colors like Pink, Red & Black.... not to mention new colors for Hats & Visors and Hot Stitching to match... tons of Mens Polos... its a menagerie of Random Donziness! :thumbsup:

Its all a week away... also we will be launching the New Logo for the Lake George Donzi Classic Club - All of the Event Tee Shirts will feature it....you'll have your choice of Red, Black or Navy print on the White Tees...and we can always get you more if Cliff buys them all. :clap:

Bring the Cameras - Sunblock & Your Sunglasses - cause the weather is gonna be Donzi Weather!

Doc of the Dust-Off :screwy:

slapshot11
06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I was able to go for a beautiful afternoon cruise on Lake George today and it was MAGNIFICENT!!! :wink:
The lake is ready for the DONZI crew.
See everyone in a few days.
Norm

MDonziM
06-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Stopping in Windsor CT on the way up, I'll give you a call in rout.

Air 22
06-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Hey Dwight...
You had better remember to bring Crissy - or you are going to have to answer to me. I need a female drinking partner for the long weekend.
Donzi Di

Di..Who do you think my chauffeur is...:cool: Doc will be pouring your apple martini's...:smash:

See ya'll soon....We head North today...:convertib::drive:

boxy
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey Dwight...
Donzi Di
Di, if Cliffy decides to take an early nap, I'd be happy to help out again .............

Air 22
06-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Well.... Day One was a success:wink:...made it just North of Baltimore with only 2 wrong turns..:doh: The ESV on its maiden voyage:drive: has performed flawlessly:thumbsup:

...and what would a road trip be without the comraderie and blessed presence of Dr. Dan who happen to arrive with cigars and BEER:beer::drinkbeer:...So we sat in the parking lot discussing how to rid the world of problems one beer at a time:beer::smash: Thanks Doc!!:wink:

Day 2 ....The Sun is up and so r we...LG or Bust....:smash: Hope to splash this afternoon:cool:

Air 22
06-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Arrived this afternoon...splashed the Donzi :boat:on a record temperature day...95-101deg all the way from Baltimore to Just North of Albany, NY:eek!:

The lake is just beautiful...pic's tomorrow...we are in cabin 24 @ the Treasure Cove..Donzi Flag posted out front..:cool: Looking fwd to seeing everyone this week..Please come bye we have a cooler full of beer:beer:...atleast til Boxy gets here...lol

hot shot
06-08-2008, 10:39 AM
truser... i am leaving tue pm or wed morn.. if i could help you in any way i would be happy to do so.. let me know if not you can bring my dvd ?

Air 22
06-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Today 0630 at Camp Donzi @ Treasure Cove...Beautiful..:cool:

boxy
06-11-2008, 10:45 AM
?????????
For the run on Saturday, does an inflatable life jacket satisfy the new requirements?

Sweet little 16
06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
as long as it doesn't look like this one pictured, any USCG approved type III rigid or inflatable will do

boxy
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
as long as it doesn't look like this one pictured, any USCG approved type III rigid or inflatable will do
Damn, that's the exact one I bought last week. I'll have to head to WallyWorld tomorrow and check out their high performance swimming rings..... :D :D

boxy
06-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Does anyone have the long/lat numbers for the Capri Village ???
Thanks

boxy
06-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the numbers.....

The vest is perfect, it'll really set off the lime green banana hamock I packed....

DONZI
06-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Tick- Toc :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEVVjPShO5g