PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Snomobiling Video from Yesterday....

Donziweasel
02-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Yesterday was epic. The vids posted are me doing a couple of 1000 ft climbs. We went somewhere I have never been before, Wolf Creek. The snow was set up perfect, which we call "hero snow". It means you can go anywhere without fear of getting stuck. We went DEEP in the backcountry and rode until the needle said empty. Best day of the year, sunny, 40 degrees, and no wind. I did roll my sled for the first time in years, but no damage. A buddy of mine launched a 50 ft cliff and landed it. I also tried my "muff pot" a cooker you attache to your exhaust pipe. Nothing like hot fried shrimp at 10,000 ft. Anyway, the first two vids are me doing a couple of massive climbouts, the third is a panaromic view from 10,000 ft. We could see 9 mountain ranges up there, the Tetons, Gros Ventres, Winds, Absorkas, Snake River Range, Palisades Range, Lions Head, Big Holes and the Big Lost Range. Enjoy!

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/Wolf%20Creek/

Morgan's Cloud
02-22-2008, 11:46 AM
That place is spectacular no matter what time of the year it seems ... I could see myself retiring in a place like that very easily.
Did I ever tell you that a few years back I had a neighbour who was a pro ski instructor in Jackson Hole. ?
He always said that it was just beautiful there. I think he's in Lake Tahoe now... A really great family .
Steve

Donziweasel
02-22-2008, 01:14 PM
I couldn't imagine living anywhere else after 14 years of being here. What was the instructors name? Might know him.

Morgan's Cloud
02-25-2008, 07:01 AM
That was a good few years back ....
His boss (who he was a private instructor for) asked him if he'd like to come out here and get involved in commodoties trading , something he knew nothing about originally. I guess John wanted to retain him as a personal ski instructor at any cost.
He was originally from Washington State along with his wife.
Marc and Coleen van Hees ....
I'd heard it said before that Marc should have been on the US Olympic Ski Team.
Steve