PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Donzi Classic

Flabby Baby
02-17-2008, 08:22 PM
SOLD.

For Sale $12,500 please read entire ad. Move forces sale. 1986 22' Classic Blue/White. The engine runs perfectly and was rebuilt about two seasons ago. Has 350 alpha with stainless marine thru hull exhaust, edelbrock carb and vortec heads. 65 MPH on GPS. Closed cooling New alpha replacement drive. Original gauges all work. ****pit cover. Coast Guard equipment. Many misc. parts. Have original upper that I will give to the buyer and some parts for the lower unit. Interior has no tears although it is worn. Gel coat is in good condition and needs buff and wax. AM/FM/CD radio. 1992 Dual axle aluminum trailer with new leaf springs in very good condition.

Boat has a small leak through transom. The leak appears to be through the stock exhaust backing plate. If you are mechanically inclined you can take this boat for home for $12,500. The boat is at my mechanics shop and if I don’t find a buyer quickly, I will go ahead with the repairs and put the boat back on the market at a revised price.

Donzi Racer
02-18-2008, 11:06 PM
For Sale $12,500 please read entire ad. Move forces sale. The engine runs perfectly and was rebuilt about two seasons ago. Has 350 alpha with stainless marine thru hull exhaust, edelbrock carb and vortec heads. 65 MPH on GPS. Closed cooling New alpha replacement drive. Original gauges all work. ****pit cover. Coast Guard equipment. Many misc. parts. Have original upper that I will give to the buyer and some parts for the lower unit. Interior has no tears although it is worn. Gel coat is in good condition and needs buff and wax. AM/FM/CD radio. 1992 Dual axle aluminum trailer with new leaf springs in very good condition.
Boat has a small leak through transom. The leak appears to be through the stock exhaust backing plate. If you are mechanically inclined you can take this boat for home for $12,500. The boat is at my mechanics shop and if I don’t find a buyer quickly, I will go ahead with the repairs and put the boat back on the market at a revised price.

See what happens when you get a good running small block? Where is you or the boat located? Thanks, Tom

Flabby Baby
02-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Boat is located in South Florida.

Flabby Baby
02-19-2008, 04:33 PM
I've had a few people ask me about the closed cooling system. Here is a picture.

frclarke
02-20-2008, 08:30 AM
A few questions:
1) Does the trailer manufacturer still exist? To bring it accross the US/Canada border requires a letter from the manufacturer stating that there are no safety recalls.
2) Are you rthe original owner?
3) Has any work been done on the stringers, transom or gas tank? If not, are you ok doing a survey on those specific items?

Flabby Baby
02-20-2008, 09:16 AM
A few questions:
1) Does the trailer manufacturer still exist? To bring it accross the US/Canada border requires a letter from the manufacturer stating that there are no safety recalls.
3) Has any work been done on the stringers, transom or gas tank? If not, are you ok doing a survey on those specific items?

Here are some answers not in the same order:
2) I am not the original owner. I believe I am the third owner. I've had the boat for about 2 years.
1) The trailer manufacturer is Owens and Sons located in St. Petersberg FL. Their website is www.slideon.com The trailer manufacturer would have to be contacted to obtain that recall letter.
3) The gas tank was replaced before I purchased the boat. The floor was cut open to do the repair. Regarding any work on the stringers or transom I have not observed any. No problem with survey.

PM me if you want my phone number or send me yours and I can answer any more questions you may have.

Rafael

johnny50
02-23-2008, 08:28 PM
A few questions:
:canada:Hello,Just to help you out if you buy from the USA, You dont need a recall letter for the trailer (just vehicles), just bring the trailer and boat to the border, bring a bill of sale:wink: pay the gst/pst:( and your accross! The trailer is over 15 years old so no RIV fees. Very easy, done it 3 times so far (2 Classics 2 Seadoos)
good luck!

Donzi Racer
02-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Boat is located in South Florida.

If still available, would like to see sometime end of next week. Tom 256-777-0844