PDA

View Full Version : Bumping Sounds for the 22 Classic

blueliner
02-17-2008, 02:09 PM
just wondering who out there has made some killer upgrades to their existing sound systems. amps, subs, speakers, head units. where have some of you mounted subs/amps?? i'm thinking the MTX line of speakers, an amp and a new head unit for the IPOD. any rec's??? any mods needed to mount the same size speakers... any depth issues?? i want to be able to hear my music while still flying 70+. the stock system... well it just doesn't cut it!!! LOL!!!

Zinger
02-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Check out the blue 22 classic on ebay it has a killer sound system.

Barry Eller
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Donzi Les Paul and Marshall Valvestate 8080 is louder than my 502.:biggrin.:

Just need to find a longer extension cord...:doh:

Then I could install my 600W Kenwood and Bose AM10 speakers...

Real long extension cord...

yeller
02-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey Blueliner, I hope to have mine done this spring. Plan is for 2 10" subs in custom made enclosures so I can mount one on each side of the front foot rests. (Between the cokpit and hull...pointing forward). I'll use 2 amps. A mono amp for the subs and a 4 channel amp for the speakers. I'm thinking of mounting the amps in the storage compartment under the rear seat. That'll require cutting some ventilation holes in the storage, so I'm still not sure on that one. Haven't decided yet on the speakers, but the MTX do seem to be decent speakers for the price.

The existing speaker locations have no depth issues...lots of room. Where are you thinking of putting the subs?

BTW: No matter how much power you have, it'll still sound like crap when under way unless you mount some windaway's to stop the rush of air past your ears.

blueliner
02-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Check out the blue 22 classic on ebay it has a killer sound system.

does the ebay one have specs re: my question????

p729lws
02-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Donzi Les Paul and Marshall Valvestate 8080 is louder than my 502.:biggrin.:

Maybe you should get that 502 running...:doh::cool:

mjw930
02-18-2008, 06:26 AM
I thought radios were taboo on Classic Donzi's :doh::wink:

Carl C
02-18-2008, 06:30 AM
There is a lot of space under the deck to mount components and they would be easier to wire then. I'm just planning to add a small amp and sub under there and I'll be good with that. I'd rather listen to the motor while under way and the radio would just be a distraction.:cool:

Barry Eller
02-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Maybe you should get that 502 running...:doh::cool:
Dan? I can't belive you said that...my feelings are hurt...:biggrin:

boxy
02-18-2008, 08:20 AM
I thought radios were taboo on Classic Donzi's :doh::wink:
It all depends on your point of view..... :D

p729lws
02-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Dan? I can't belive you said that...my feelings are hurt...:biggrin:

It wasn't me, it was my friend Jack. :biggrin:

Jamesbon
02-19-2008, 08:47 AM
I experience FANTASTIC results with a very simple, reliable system. Even at WFO, the tunes are crisp, clear and hittin HARD!

What I used;
* Any decent head unit, I like one w/an Ipod input and Sirius Satellite ready
* A GOOD 4 channel amp, nothing cheap, pay a little more for quality here
* 4 Infinity Kappa 6" marine speakers
* 1 Bazooka 10" marine bass tube

I ran the 4 Infinities off of the front 2 channels of the amp. and bridged the rear 2 channels to the Bazooka tube. It sounds really, really good. If I want it to pound I just turn up the gain a bit and hold on.

The bass tube mounted in front of the ski locker and is not noticeable.

yeller
02-20-2008, 08:20 PM
That's good to know, Jamesbon. I've been leaning towards the Kappa's, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.