PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Isle....

BUIZILLA
02-16-2008, 08:08 PM
was GREAT today

phenominal weather and great run

ran into Fegettes at the dock with his deck boat

saw a new 38ZSF get chased for a couple miles by a Homeland Security vessel... HS with FOUR engines couldn't catch or pass the ZSF with THREE engines... he turned around and gave up...

great day on the water, got home at sunset

good friend of mine launched his Skater with us and ran on down with a few of his bud's, he was running 114-115 GPS with full fuel and FIVE passengers and twin 300XS clamp-on's (I saw the tell tale myself)... we played cat and mouse stops all day... unbelievable ride, my jaw dropped when he passed us by, Budmann has pic's for proof.. his friend had a BIG power cat that was cruising a tad over 120, but had to slow down to 110 because of cooling issues so he said... geez what a life to live

pic's to follow

BlownCrewCab
02-17-2008, 08:26 AM
I Used to frequent the sandbar there when I was younger, some good times and hangovers can be had there..

Lenny
02-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Ohh, and Jim. Thanx for the phone call from Holiday Isle and describing the weather, the day and all. I was insulating a house and vapour barriering at the time :smash:

Secretly, I was hoping you guys would all choke on Conch fritters tho :D

ChromeGorilla
02-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Secretly, I was hoping you guys would all choke on Conch fritters tho :D

HAHAHA....:propeller: Thats funny right there!

fasttrucker
02-17-2008, 11:14 AM
When I was a kid,I used to go to play pin-ball.32 years ago,Nobody used to go.The place is alot different today.I heard they sold-it and are going to close it down,make it into a resort-only destination?maybe now,with the way things are it will stay the same.

Johntrip
02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Last I heard they are keeping it the same for now. Can't remember why....... either permitting or they could'nt get enough people to invest into the units.....

Hey Jim I was thinkin I might see ya out at Boca Chita over the weekend... We were campin out there with that beautful weather..!!

fegettes
02-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Jim, sorry the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. It would have been great to run with you if we had known we were both going to Holiday Isle. I think we cruise about the same speed. And to think we were out on the Sandbar while you were up at the Tiki bar. I have to say, my eyes were getting a little sore out there.:shocking:

Sure would be great to run with you some time and I am sure you can show me places I have never seen before. And we are relatively close to each other. Give me a call some time when you think you are going to get out, would like to run with you.

Steve
305-246-1300 X 3014 Office
281-728-1704 Cell

BUIZILLA
02-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Steve, we'll hook up soon...

John, we were actually going by there on the way back and headed directly there, but it was windy and nippy on my passengers, so we turned at the park and went back to BP before the sun set..

srlbrodkin
02-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Great times at the Isle. Many years ago you could tie up inside the marina sit in your boat drink and listen to music. I heard they couldn't sell enough mil$ condos. In the early days no crowds now finding a space at the sandbar can be difficult on a holiday. Hope to be there July 4th

Bruce
In Hawaii

Barry Eller
02-21-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm glad to hear the Holiday Isle is still standing. We are loosing so much of "Old Florida" to high rises.

Denise and I spent a week there in 2003. Its central location made travel to the northern keys and southern keys convenient.

Now I want to go back there, sit at the "Rum Runner Bar", and have me one!

Denise had a problem with a dog while there!