PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile Video from yesterday....

Donziweasel
02-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Finally there are some cracks starting to show in winter as old man winters vice like grip on Jackson Hole weakened a little. Yesterday was absolutly amazing. Shot some video of us snowmobiling that is posted below. The vids are not long, but interesting. Yesterday the sun was out, not a cloud in the sky and it was in the 40's. By far the nicest day of the winter. Old man winter has returned today as it is snowing and Jackson has now received 420 inches of snow.

Anyway, we went deep in the backcountry and went big mountain riding. I don't think my body had any adrenaline left after all the climbing and deep powder riding we did. We stayed off the avalanche prone south facing slopes, but ripped every north facing one we could find. It was truely an epic day and I hope for more before winter is done. The video is of me climbing to 10,000 ft. The other one is just a panaromic of the terrain we were riding. Enjoy!

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/?action=view&current=IMGP1192.flv

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/?action=view&current=IMGP1191.flv

boxy
02-16-2008, 09:22 AM
WoW........

Sure makes the 4 lane trails here look pretty boring.

Is it skiable?

Donziweasel
02-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Very skiable. I even mentioned to the people I was with I would have liked to have had my skis and taken one run down some of the faces we were climbing.

That seems to be the way of the future. Snowmobiles are getting so light and powerful, people can now use them to access the back country for skiing. Ride up the ridge and ski the face. They are even making ski and snowboard racks just for snowmobiles.

Ed Donnelly
02-16-2008, 11:53 AM
That sled didn't sound stock:eek!:

I can just hear the Florida boys saying
Hell that looks like fun, give me a holler when its
75 F and I will join in..................Ed

Donziweasel
02-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Far from stock, but mainly bolt on hp. Came stock at 165 hp, I should be at 202 now. Main pipe, can, Y-pipe, Boondocker EFI control unit, exhaust valve kit. Might put some V-Force reeds in it, good for another 3-5 hp. Boo Boo wants more power, so I have to start massaging her engine.

Next year for me- 1200 big bore kit- 240 hp.

wannabe
02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
How well do the cell phone that was being used work up there ?

Donziweasel
02-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Up on top of that ridge it worked alright. It was a buddy of mine calling his wife. We were at 9,950 ft gps. Nice day today, should be riding, but gonna grab some couch time. Been working on the Bronco all morning.