PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone find the problem with this dash panel?

mjw930
02-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't have anything to give away like Poodle but take a stab at in anyway.

When you find it let me know if you think I should have them make a new one or keep this one (it certainly would be one of one ;) )

Ed Donnelly
02-15-2008, 04:27 PM
YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKIN RADIO..............................Ed

When you find it????????????

Ed Donnelly
02-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Just honk the horn for music........................Ed

When you find it????

mjw930
02-15-2008, 04:50 PM
YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKIN RADIO..............................Ed

When you find it????????????

I know, but there are times when some tunes are in order, like when I'm idling through one of the 1 million Manatee zones..... :doh:

Is there a problem with my grammar? I am the product of the US edjumication system so it's quite likely. ;)

mjw930
02-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Here's another view with the gauges trial fitted. I found another problem too so this panel is going back.

Ed Donnelly
02-15-2008, 05:15 PM
You said when you find it

I found IT and another IT

Horn was spelt HOM

Radio was spelt RAIDO

This is what I thought you were refering to..............Ed

gcarter
02-15-2008, 05:28 PM
So was the layout person an illegal alien, or did yo suply the speeling? :doh:

mjw930
02-15-2008, 05:47 PM
I understand, I said IT because I thought there was only one problem at the time.

BTW, Horn is spelled correctly, it just doesn't show up at the resolution I used for upload.

Yes, they spelled Radio, Raido :smash::smash::smash:

Had that been the only problem I would keep it, just to be different, but after I found the other problem they need to make me a new one (and they will, they already offered to).

Attached is the print I sent them. I gave them the file in Visio, AutoCAD, Scalable Vector and .jpeg format. They obviously didn't use any of them.

DonziJon
02-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't get it. Why are there So Many people on this forum that NEED a RADIO.

Gentlemen: YOU HAVE A DONZI. Why did you buy a Donzi? Was it for the Radio??? Me thinks NOT. :hangum:

Before you had a Donzi.....You were attracted to a Donzi because......... you liked the SOUND! And it wasn't no freakin radio. NO ?? :propeller:

PS: I could be wrong.

BUIZILLA
02-15-2008, 06:59 PM
yup,:cool: your wrong..

gcarter
02-15-2008, 07:11 PM
John, I agree w/you.
I don't put radios in Donzis.
I play the radio while I have my Donzi apart working on it, but that's not the same thing.

mjw930
02-15-2008, 07:46 PM
I bought the Donzi because I like the way it looks and I wanted a performance boat under 25' that had some class, not a cookie cutter boat. I also bought this boat to enjoy lazy days on the river relaxing and for me that includes a beverage from the cooler and some tunes on the radio.

So shoot me because I like music..... :pimp::wink:

Anyway, if the panel didn't have the other flaw I would keep it and have a built in joke about the spelling.

The other flaw is the alignment of the tach hole (see below). It's higher than the speedo hole and closer to it as well. It needs to move down and to the right ~1/16". Call it picky but this dash with gauges cost me over $1000 so your damn right it's going to be perfect when it goes in the boat.

Oh, and here's the radio I'm putting in :tongue:

http://www.bigbuycity.com/productimages/sony/soncdxgt10m.jpg
Note the grey / silver tone to match the instruments.

mjw930
02-15-2008, 07:49 PM
John, I agree w/you.
I don't put radios in Donzis.
I play the radio while I have my Donzi apart working on it, but that's not the same thing.

I try to not have my Donzi apart :boat: :wink:

So far I'm not doing very good in that department :smash:

Ed Donnelly
02-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I noticed the speedo tach spacing, but, thought I was
being too picky since the spelling jumped out way more..Ed

mjw930
02-15-2008, 08:33 PM
I know they will make it right but I'm a little disappointed in Nisonger after all the good press they got here.

They will no doubt lose most of their profit in this sale having to rework the panel and overnight it to me.

McGary911
02-16-2008, 08:24 AM
As long as they make it right. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. It's how they handle them is what shows you what kind of company you're dealing with......

boxy
02-16-2008, 09:14 AM
I know they will make it right but I'm a little disappointed in Nisonger after all the good press they got here.

They will no doubt lose most of their profit in this sale having to rework the panel and overnight it to me.
They may not make as much money on your dash as they originally projected, but you have told us (their target market) that they made a mistake, they are correcting it, and they are doing it as fast as possible....

That will pay off down the road.

mjw930
02-16-2008, 07:47 PM
They may not make as much money on your dash as they originally projected, but you have told us (their target market) that they made a mistake, they are correcting it, and they are doing it as fast as possible....

That will pay off down the road.

Agreed, I have complete faith that they will make it right and I'm not upset with them or bashing them in any way, just disappointed that I can't start wiring it up this weekend.

yeller
02-17-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't get it. Why are there So Many people on this forum that NEED a RADIO. Because I spend more time drifting than driving.

Don't be afraid of change DJ. Change can be good. :)

VetteLT193
02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
I love the stereo... not when running necessarily... but beached, going slow, washing the boat afterwards, etc.

Who made the dash? I planned on using the guy gcarter and others used on the board, but I haven't called him yet.

mjw930
02-18-2008, 07:05 PM
The dash is from Nisonger Marine, http://www.nisongermarine.com/

They also do a lot of car restoration work: http://www.nisonger.com/

Dr. Dan and others up north have used them and been very happy. They have a stock 18 Classic dash panel they advertise on their website and their Livorsi prices are very good.

They can do any design you want and their prices are pretty fair. The panel part of the order with the laser etched writing and powdercoat was $330.

BTW, they immediately noticed the errors when they re-opened the CNC file so they are cutting me a new dash and I should have it by the end of the week. :yes: