PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling the 1971 GT 21...

Jamesbon
02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
This is just a thought and I'm completely open to your opinions on selling my 21 GT.

With so little time to finish my 5 year project I've been contemplating selling the 'ol GT. Quite simply, if the money is right, I'd part with it the way it sits now, except for the engine. All that's left is secure the deck, bolt on the drive, windshield, drop in your engine and do the wiring. Of course there are little odds and ends that go with that, but that's the majority of it. All of the major hardware is included & the trailer.

I know I'll take a hit, but I'm ready to simplify my life and focus on other things. I'm also very happy with the 22C...

Please give me your opinions on what you think it's worth. I won't be offended, I'm in the business of selling boats and play the game everyday.

Dr. Dan
02-12-2008, 10:23 PM
This is just a thought and I'm completely open to your opinions on selling my 21 GT.
With so little time to finish my 5 year project I've been contemplating selling the 'ol GT. Quite simply, if the money is right, I'd part with it the way it sits now, except for the engine. All that's left is secure the deck, bolt on the drive, windshield, drop in your engine and do the wiring. Of course there are little odds and ends that go with that, but that's the majority of it. All of the major hardware is included & the trailer.
I know I'll take a hit, but I'm ready to simplify my life and focus on other things. I'm also very happy with the 22C...
Please give me your opinions on what you think it's worth. I won't be offended, I'm in the business of selling boats and play the game everyday.

:smash:Nate...I might be speaking outta school here...but I would suggest ya let it sit for a bit...I think you will eventually regret selling it... maybe its not a "Focus" right now... but in time things will calm down... and you will wish ya had it....

Just my $.02 but I say take a breath... and keep it.. other wise post some current pics of it... I am sure the Sharks will give their opinion.

Good Luck Whatever you decide...

Doc :thumbsup:

RedDog
02-13-2008, 07:36 AM
are you insane?

sounds like a really bad idea

unless the money was REALLY RIGHT

gcarter
02-13-2008, 07:52 AM
I was thinking the other day that you might come to this conclusion, what with the 22C w/goodies, etc.

I agree w/Dr. Dan. If it doesn't cost you anything for storage, in a year or two, you might want a hobby again.

55 Big Twin
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Nate,

I am comming down from the great white north for the March break. Gonna do the Disney thing with the kids for a week then spend a week with the in-laws at Madeira beach, which I beleive is in your neck of the woods!!!

Lack of funding prevents me from being a Donzi owner at present, but I sure would like to take a look at your project and check out what you have done!!! (If I may be so bold!) I am partial to the Minx or Hornet because of the higher free board and a windshield (less compaints from the peanut gallery). I have never had the opportunity to see a GT21 up close and I sure would like to have a look at yours.

I am sure I could sneak out for a bit and pay you a visit... on a slow day for you. I promise not to drool too much on your boat!

Let me know if you are game!!!

Many Thanks,

Glenn :canada: