PDA

View Full Version : Haulin The Groceries & The Donzi

Dr. Dan
02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
:thumbsup:Well...... as many of you know I drive alot for work, and of course I tend to show up at my share of Donzi Events as well. So as my 2002 Z-71 Suburban has passed the 285,000 mile mark and its still going strong...I made a proactive choice to add a new Donzi Hauler to the Stable.

Its a 2006 Harley Edition with only 15,000 miles on it... its tough to tell in the Photos, but its the rare Wine Color... its real purty... too nice for me. Its also my first Oil Burner.....so maybe now I can keep up with Norm and Brad & Dwight on the Hills... during our Treks.

Gonna be a Driveway Queen except for Donzi Rallies...but I am looking forward to it.

Doc of Random Transport :drive:

MOP
02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
There are a couple of them out by me, they are some nice! Best of luck with it!

Phil

gcarter
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Congrats on the new Donzi Hauler!!!!!
I guess Ford should have a "Donzi Edition".:propeller:

BUIZILLA
02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
never seen one that color

I like it :cool:

undertaker
02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
NICE!!!!!:yes::yes::yes:..Looks great for a FORD:eek::eek:.....Talk to ya

Undertaker:angel:

undertaker
02-12-2008, 07:58 PM
PS Your truck is nice but not as nice as Dwight's......:smash::eek!::hyper::bonk::nilly::bo ggled:

Undertaker:pimp:

Cuda
02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Nice looking truck. I miss my oil burner. Do you need a Harley about the same color? :)

ITTLFLI
02-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Looks good! Get it shined up for the trip to KENTUCKY!!!

boxy
02-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Nice ride Doc. Now all you need is JP Brescia's 18 or a full wine colored towing cover ... :D

Dr. Dan
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Nice looking truck. I miss my oil burner. Do you need a Harley about the same color? :)

Hey Cuda...maybe someday.... right now I have to watch my Toy Budget... I am saving for some more Real Estate... so a Bike is gonna be down stream for now.

I always liked how these looked, they only made the Red Touredour Color in 2006 so its a bit less common...according to Charlie Jackson...

I was looking at both new DuraMax's and 6.4 PSD's, but this was too clean to pass up once we agreed on price... so I took it off their hands.

I have full repower and rebuild plans for the Burban.... its gonna get a new lease on life later this year.... it has been hands down the best and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. For a little 5.3 EFI, it has served my needs without compromise. It will be nice to have to choose between the comfort and ride of the Burban or the Power and Torque of the Harley Edition... :drive:

Only downside is I had to cancel my spot on the GT 500 waiting list... cause it would be sitting in the Garage too much to justify its aquisition...so for now... I am being frugal..buying used for Cash and putting off the Change of Life Toys for a bit longer... guess I will have to live vicariously through Poodle and you others who have already been there...:worthy:

Eventually there will be another Cobra in the driveway, and likely another Chevy in the garage... except those will be of the true performance variety and not for practical utility. :spongebob:

Thanks For Well Wishes

Doc of Conspicuous Fuel Consumption :smash:

Cuda
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I wanted a Red Touredour truck too, but I shop at the end of the model year, and there isn't one left then. They made that color more than 2006, but it might be the only year they made the HD Edition in that color.

Cuda
02-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Maroons are also one of the easiest colors to keep looking good.:cool:

Dr. Dan
02-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I wanted a Red Touredour truck too, but I shop at the end of the model year, and there isn't one left then. They made that color more than 2006, but it might be the only year they made the HD Edition in that color.

Yep that is correct Joe that's what I meant... the only year for the F Series Harley Edition... I had seen one or two up here in the Mid Atlantic Region... I just kinda stumbled on this one... it was taken on Trade at a Mercedes/Audi/Porsche Dealer. The Gentleman that owned it was quite a Car and Bike Collector...he bought this to haul his Harleys in an enclosed Trailer to Florida for Rallies...believe it or not? He owns over 9 Bikes, all HD's and over a dozen high end exotic Cars... its a pretty straight truck, couple of small dings in the Tail Gate... that are on my vanity list...but its a used Truck...so WTF?

I was looking at a New Super Duty Lariat in Two Tone Red and Cream lower accent or Silver accent. The new ones are incredible...but they are all but $15 to 20k more than what I paid...so this was a no brainer....

Doc of Merlot Harley's :smash:

Team Jefe
02-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Good Looking Truck Danny....So I guess you should be thinking of a Marroon for Teal Conversion, huh?:wink:

Heck maybe even 'Trip would let you hang out with the Red Boat Club:hyper:

BUIZILLA
02-13-2008, 12:21 PM
so what did Johnny Revlon buy ?? :angel:

need for speed
02-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Nice Ride I love the look of that truck!!:eek!:

this site has some good info on the HD

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/2004-2008-f250-f350-hd-gen-2s/

undertaker
02-13-2008, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=BUIZILLA;438360]so what did Johnny Revlon buy ??

I was sworn not to tell.....:hangum::wink::wink:

Undertaker

PS He is seriously pimping now though...

Dr. Dan
02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I have sworn not to tell.....:hangum::wink::wink:
Undertaker

Well as if the Bling Suburban was not enough he Trumped himself and bought/acquired/or stole a Cadillac Escalade....Black on Black... he now looks even more like Elvis or Reggie Fountain depending on the amount of Brill Cream in his hair at the Time.

Its a real nice ride.... its just out of my league... maybe someday.

Doc of Humble Aquisitions :smash:

ChromeGorilla
02-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Congrats on the new truck Dan. It's sharp. Love the color!

LKSD
02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Congrats on the new ride, its sharp. :) J

fasttrucker
02-16-2008, 01:41 PM
You bought a ...harley?I thought you liked boats?Your now promoting motorbikes?Did you get a new biker jacket too?Are you going to wear a helmet?Get tattoos?Did you get a call from the PAGENS or the HELLS ANGELS?You are now off my hero list!:lame2:

Trucker who gets pissed off at Bikers in front of my rig.

Except,bullizilla.......He can ride in front of my rig anytime!

BUIZILLA
02-16-2008, 07:37 PM
PAGENS...Trucker who gets pissed off at Bikers in front of my rig.

it's spelled PAGANS

secondly, i'm going on record as saying that I find your comment of truckers vs bikers extremely disrespectful. I can tell you this, if you harass me on my bike with your big truck, i'll put a bullet in the middle of your windshield... :shocking:

ChromeGorilla
02-16-2008, 10:38 PM
it's spelled PAGANS
secondly, i'm going on record as saying that I find your comment of truckers vs bikers extremely disrespectful. I can tell you this, if you harass me on my bike with your big truck, i'll put a bullet in the middle of your windshield... :shocking:

".....And they say you don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off an 'ole Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim...." :wink::eek!:

Ed Donnelly
02-16-2008, 11:44 PM
C.G. I'm impressed:wink::propeller::wink: .......Ed

fasttrucker
02-17-2008, 10:58 AM
it's spelled PAGANS
SORRY>>>>>>>>>>I love checking out the slutty biker chicks on the back of the bikes.I also stay to the right side of the road so as to get a better look.When the biker gangs pass me,I have seen some HOT babes.So,dont get me wrong I love bikers!Except,Ill never own one.I spend my free time on the water.:boat:

Ed Donnelly
02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Fasttrucker;I'm 63 yrs old and have been riding over 45 yrs.

My wife is a lot younger than me (42)
but isn't what I would call a biker chick..

How about my 11 yr. old daughter who rides nearly everyday with me in the summer??

What is she again????????????????????????? .......Ed

fasttrucker
02-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I didnt mean to post anything bad about bikers or motorcycles.When I was 21 I had a freind that was with the outlaws.He was killed along with everyone that was in his apt..I thought to myself,man Iam glad I was not visiting him that day or I would have been shot too!I was in chicago once and watched as a biker was pinned under a trailer tandems wheels.As trucks turn wide the back wheels track off to the side.I bet that hurt!:shocking:What I was trying to do, as I have in the past, was start up a little fun with my good freind "doctor dan".If you have followed our posts over the years we have had a good spirted on line joust.I try to be as learned/smart as the good doctor,but most of the time I come-up short.I do like looking at biker chicks and will continue to do so.I love it when they pull-up their tube tops.:eek:Again Iam sorry if I came-off a little ruff.:

zelatore
02-18-2008, 12:49 AM
I was in chicago once and watched as a biker was pinned under a trailer tandems wheels.As trucks turn wide the back wheels track off to the side.I bet that hurt!:shocking

Yeah. Bet it did hurt. Why did the trucker hit the guy on the bike?

OK, I don't know the first thing about what happened there; only that the way you printed it made it sound like the biker somehow had it coming to him for being so stupid as to ride a motorcycle, even if you didn't mean to come off that way. You're not alone, the general press does the same thing. As a guy with 4 bikes in the garage, I get tired of the public and the justice system somehow feeling that because you're on a bike anything that happens to you is OK.

Last year a guy standing on the corner near my office was taken out by the off-tracking rear wheels of a big rig. They public outcry was huge. If it had been a guy on a bike, it wouldn't have even been a footnote, much less lead-story on the 11 o'clock news.

Now, if you want to b!tch about 50 Harelys riding in parade format and holding up traffic on a 2-lane road, I'm right with you on that...Or (to be fair) Mr. CBGSXR1000 pulling wheelies down the freeway...no, I'm not a big fan of that either. Not that I'm against periodically lofting the front away from a stop sign, but moderation is the name of the game.

And to keep this from being a total thread hijack, even as a guy with no Harleys in the stable I've gotta say that's a fine looking truck there Doc.

Ed Donnelly
02-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Don; Knew you didn't have a Harley in the garage
with the wheelie statement:eek:........Ed

mjw930
02-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Don; Knew you didn't have a Harley in the garage
with the wheelie statement:eek:........Ed

Hey, I've got a Harley in the garage and wheelie's are optional. :D

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/3/2/CIMG0790.JPG

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/4/5/3/3/IMG_0701.JPG

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/7/6/0/0/KG7Q0597-1.jpg

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/1/4/1/8/7/8-30-2007-13.jpg

Ed Donnelly
02-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Don;All wheelies by a V-Rod

Like I said, I knew you didn't have a Harley in your garage...

JUST KIDDING

:wink::propeller::wink:

I have 2 buddies with V-Rods and they get bored waiting for the other Harleys to catch up ...............Ed

Dr. Dan
02-18-2008, 10:03 AM
:hijack:Wow....... go away for a weekend at Bernies and Bill destroys what otherwise was favorable commentary... Well, gee where do I start.... why is it I kinda feel like "Billy Jack" as I think of how I am going to respond... anyone who has seen the movie or has met Fastrucker might understand this?

First off...Thank You for the positive comments on the Truck...its a nice ride, its alot Cheaper than a new one so that was a huge decision factor...and its a pretty good looking Truck too.

Bill, just so no one gets the incorrect associated impression that you and I are Buddy's or Close Friends... I would say we are two people that occupy the same planet that happen to own boats that share the same manufacturer. You happen to live in the Town I launch my boat, I see you on occassion at the local watering hole there...and we both participate in some local Events on occassion.

As a gentleman I acknowledge the above circumstances and I may even share a drink or two on occassion:drinkbeer:.... but you really have to think before you post some of your comments.... most people read this at face value...and might think you are a complete asshole... or a jerkoff or someone that doesn't relate well to others in the same sandbox, now that would be an unfortunate assasination of your true character wouldn't it? :smash: I mean ... I edit my comments constantly... in fact just this morning while typing this I had to change quite a bit from what I originally posted because it looked like Slavic or Russian becuase most of the text was edited out by the Edit/Program.

Ya know ya really wanna be careful, cuz people can get a warped picture of what you're like... especially with the continuous commentary regarding derogatory remarks about women or your Safety habits as a Truck Driver.

The more I frequent many of the Discussion Boards on the internet, or even while trying to not have my head explode from reading some of the "less than tactful descriptions" of whatever the topic is... it always amazes me.... how few people really understand that "Less is More!"

Obviously with this wordy post...I am not helping my argument any.

Doc of Random Acquaintances :spongebob:

ChromeGorilla
02-18-2008, 10:18 AM
I thought my first post was very complimentary...my second one was down right witty.... :outtahere:

But yer right... it got real silly real quick...:garfield:

zelatore
02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Nope. No Harleys. Giving credit where it's due, the Vrod motor is pretty impressive. The standard feet-forward Vrod doesn't do much for me, but the newer Street Rod (?) with some cornering clearance and mid-mount pegs is interesting.

Most of the time I sit around thinking 'why would anybody want a Harley?' Then I'll go on vacation and rent one (they're about the only thing you can find to rent most places) and I come home thinking 'you know, that wasn't too bad - maybe I should get a Road King for relaxed 2-up cruising'.

Then I go to the dealer, price out a stock bike, and start working up the mods needed to get enough power to cruise 2-up through the Sierras. That's when I realize why I don't have a Harley. Nice bikes - I just can't see putting $5K+ into a new bike to get it to a resonable performance level.

The current stable -
1996 Triumph Adventurer done as a cafe' racer. Cool to look at, but not as much fun to ride. I need to do some carb work to iron out an annoying stumble picking up the throttle.

1987 Honda XL250L - (bad pic from when I first brought it home; it's a little better now) Bought it to teach the girlfriend to ride. It's low, light, and most important (in CA) street legal. Very slow, but I did embarase my neighbor a couple weeks ago on his kawi 650 on a dual sport ride that turned into a mud bath. DOT knobbies made all the difference for me :wink:

2006 Triumph Speed Tripple - my main ride. Really, really fun bike. I've had full on sport bikes before that were faster, but nothing more fun in real-world riding. No desire to replace it yet, but when the Super Duke starts showing up I might have to test ride it...

2003 Suzuki SV650S - I bought this as a wreck last summer planning to give it to my brother as a surprise after a brain-dead lady in a truck totaled his first and only scooter. It's a really fun, cheap bike (I've only got about $3K in it) - and with the pipe it sounds GREAT! I flew him out over thanksgiving and we did a few days in the Sierra; we're planning our next trip in April, then I'll ship the bike back to Indiana for him.

I get the occasional itch to get a BMW GS (like I'm going to ride Alaska or something :bonk:), and I figure I'll have to have a Ducati, a Guzzi, and a Harley just because if you want to be a real biker you should try a little of everything, right?

BTW - any of you want to do a 3-day weekend in the Sierra around April 12th? Figure 200-300 mile days for 3 days at a spirited but not insane pace and a little cold since the snow probably won't have melted away. Looks like there will be 3 or 4 of us on a varity of sport(y) bikes. Right now we've got the SV, the Speed Tripple, and a Tuono coming. We don't even mind if you bring a Harley, so long as you don't mind replacing the floorboards when you're done :wink:

Team Jefe
02-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh come on Doc, quit your belly-aching.....

Could be read as Jefe is a complete jerk....:boggled:
or
Shooting coke through your nose at how witty I am.....:yes:

Yeah, I guess jerk is the initial reponse....but my cute little dimples save the day:lookaroun:

Alllllllll Righty then, so on to the next thing.

Don't mess around with Jim. We dont call him "Quick Draw McHaas" for nothing.

I've got a brother who rides everyday and he carries a Tarus big body .45 on the bike at all times....and had pulled it at cars trying to run him off the road more than once. No actual shots fired, but he'll do it.

Usually its jerks in trucks with a 2 or 3 in the model number....I really hate those guys, they think the own the road....(you see I have a 3500 one ton dually....and I always say the little vehicles can wait for me.....so its tongue in check....you know funny... there you go)

Oh Doc, I trust you have already sent out the coolers, so there can be no added graphics like a rainbow sticker with the caption --- Jefe is "Happy" --- on it or anything like that.

Um, if so...then I retract all my previous statements and have no idea who has stolen my password and issued these awful comments.

All BS aside, the Harley's are nice trucks. A good buddy around here has one, and that is what got me looking for a new truck late last year.

zelatore
02-18-2008, 01:19 PM
All BS aside, the Harley's are nice trucks. A good buddy around here has one, and that is what got me looking for a new truck late last year.

They are pretty sharp. I haven't looked into it - is the F250 version purely a cosmetic makeover or did it get any performance goodies?

I actually considered buying a final-year F150 Harley when I was looking to replace my last Lightning since they had most of the L's performance goodies in a 4-door body, but I wanted more towing and payload than they offered. Plus the dealer looked at me wierd when I started asking if I could get it without the logos (I figured maybe I could replace them with Triumph logos just to cheese off the HD crowd :tongue: )

I understand Ford will do a 6.0 liter F150 Harley for '10 on the new bodystyle. Anybody else heard anything about that? Or any specs on the diesel they've promised for '10?
(or how much they'll want to stick you for either one?)

gcarter
02-18-2008, 01:21 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA, BACK THE ****ING BUS UP A MINUTE........
Flyboy bought an escalade? I didn't sell him a top notch trailer to have it degraded by being pulled behind some glorified soccer mom minvan with ****ing 28 inchers on dubs.... Whats next, flyboy shows up at the next event wearing a freeking grill with jet's engraved in it?? Wait till I see that POS, I'll slap rainbow stickers on it and on him......
That's funny!!!

undertaker
02-19-2008, 10:13 AM
That's funny!!!

It sure is..can not wait to see the rainbow stickers.....:propeller::propeller::propeller:

Undertaker

PS Doc is God:smash::smash::smash:

Dr. Dan
02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
They are pretty sharp. I haven't looked into it - is the F250 version purely a cosmetic makeover or did it get any performance goodies?
I actually considered buying a final-year F150 Harley when I was looking to replace my last Lightning since they had most of the L's performance goodies in a 4-door body, but I wanted more towing and payload than they offered. Plus the dealer looked at me wierd when I started asking if I could get it without the logos (I figured maybe I could replace them with Triumph logos just to cheese off the HD crowd :tongue: )
I understand Ford will do a 6.0 liter F150 Harley for '10 on the new bodystyle. Anybody else heard anything about that? Or any specs on the diesel they've promised for '10?
(or how much they'll want to stick you for either one?)

:smash:Don... I can't speak too much for the 150's but they are carrying the mantle for alot of the Lightning Enthusiasts right now.... after viewing some threads and reading some future introductins in the standard 150 line look pretty cool.

As we talked before I had a 1993 Lightning.... I miss it... but the Harley F 250's and 350's are most popular with PowerStrokes as a power plant. So there are tons of add on items available. The Harley Editions in the Super Duty's do not have any material mods in the engines.... the Series I bought do have what I feel are the Classiest assortment of Harley Bling without being too in your face!

The latest 2008 Version did nothing for me... it is a 105th Anniversary Edition Harley and its not the same... the Interior Color Upholstery is funky brown...and the Badging is Gawdy and not subtle...

My favorite part of the Harley Series I have is the "Carbon Fiber" looking door and Dash Panels that are actually little Harley Signs... really cool. Like the older Bow Ties in old Chevy's.... very neat effect.

Doc of Rampant Verbal Rebuttals and Futal Attempts of Spontaneous Sanity :toilet:

zelatore
02-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Doc, your sig line cracks me up every time I see it. I love that little dog.

'yessss, this area right here is working for me'

Team Jefe
02-19-2008, 11:58 AM
"No, you come on Maria Sharipova. What do you think, you own me? Oh wait you do own me."

zelatore
02-19-2008, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9rKMTJt6X0

This area is nice...

fasttrucker
02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Bill, just so no one gets the incorrect associated impression that you and I are Buddy's or Close Friends... I would say we are two people that occupy the same planet that happen to own boats that share the same manufacturer. You happen to live in the Town I launch my boat, I see you on occassion at the local watering hole there...and we both participate in some local Events on occassion.
As a gentleman I acknowledge the above circumstances and I may even share a drink or two on occassion:drinkbeer:.... but you really have to think before you post some of your comments.
Thats really hurts doc.....I take you off my HERO list because of your actions.....Buying a BIKER TRUCK. You respond that Iam not your freind nor never have been.Ive been very nice to you in the past.My teasing you that your boat was way too slow,:boat: inspired you to go out an buy a blue motor.When I mentioned how I always passed you up in the poker runs :yes:because you drove too conservatively.You picked it up a bit and became a better driver.I said that I was sorry to others who I dont know about the biker comments.I drove a dirt bike when I was a kid.Really I was just trying to get you going not the whole f..... board.Our last go round was under the events+gathering section"naughty goose winter party"When You implied that I was getting old.I thought it was a good/cleaver response posting reply and enjoyed your comments.(I got a call from a board member who didnt understand that you and I was just having some fun.)I know another board member who gets a big kick out of our posts and adds a comment(looks like hes staying out of this one):popcorn:If you dont want to have a little fun and try and post cleaver and entertaining posts,ok.Also to everyone else here lighten-up a little,please.:doh:

roadtrip se
02-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Umm, I might have had something to do with that little blue motor acquisition. Actually, a whole bunch.

As for the truck, we all know he made a great choice.

The less evil of the Evil Twins!

Ed Donnelly
02-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Stay away from the AWD 4 Wheel They are PIGS on gas

I have a 2006 Harley F150 AWD 5" higher off the ground than the 2 wheel..

Sorry I ever sold my 2000 Harley F150 ................Ed

Dr. Dan
02-19-2008, 09:44 PM
As a gentleman I acknowledge the above circumstances and I may even share a drink or two on occassion:drinkbeer:.... but you really have to think before you post some of your comments.
Thats really hurts doc.....I take you off my HERO list because of your actions.....Buying a BIKER TRUCK. You respond that Iam not your freind nor never have been.Ive been very nice to you in the past.My teasing you that your boat was way too slow,:boat: inspired you to go out an buy a blue motor.When I mentioned how I always passed you up in the poker runs :yes:because you drove too conservatively.You picked it up a bit and became a better driver.I said that I was sorry to others who I dont know about the biker comments.I drove a dirt bike when I was a kid.Really I was just trying to get you going not the whole f..... board.Our last go round was under the events+gathering section"naughty goose winter party"When You implied that I was getting old.I thought it was a good/cleaver response posting reply and enjoyed your comments.(I got a call from a board member who didnt understand that you and I was just having some fun.)I know another board member who gets a big kick out of our posts and adds a comment(looks like hes staying out of this one):popcorn:If you dont want to have a little fun and try and post cleaver and entertaining posts,ok.Also to everyone else here lighten-up a little,please.:doh:

Bill....... Relax... remember less is more, actually Bill, I implied that some of the patrons of some of those Parties had gravity fed Flesh that would be better off remaining clothed! It was not directed at you...again your misinterpretation of my comments.

Its a common problem that we all, myself incuded, make often...we are all "Ego-Centric" meaning that the world revolves around us. As a result... especially in the written word...people infer or often apply comments are a direct reflection on them...in some cases they may be.. in others... they are not.

No worries... I do know you... and I will still buy you drinks... so now that you have completely distorted the facts and intent of the commentary on several posts...:welcome:

When are you gonna buy a Truck :drive:that will pull your boat?

Doc of Malicious Intent and Sarcasm! :wavey:

SilverBack
02-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Doc,
That truck is sweet!! I love that color. You know that you will have to get you a programer right. I like the Bully Dog. It got me 3 MPG and a good bit of power.

glashole
02-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Doc,
That truck is sweet!! I love that color. You know that you will have to get you a programer right. I like the Bully Dog. It got me 3 MPG and a good bit of power.

I don't want to get off topic here

Dan nice truck

A friend of mine here in Canada was on the FORD service team sorting out some of the issues with their trucks with relation to motors etc. for the 05 and 06 years

He said that that motor will last for a long time the way it is, BUT it is in the best interest to not modify it for more power at it is on the high end for alot of components now. :smash:

back to your regularily scheduled programming

Shea

Dr. Dan
02-20-2008, 09:28 AM
:smash:Thanks Keith... yep it looks much better in person... really sharp...just enough bling and yet...its not Black. I have owned soooo many Black Trucks and Cars...it was time for a change.

Shea ...thanks for the insight..... I have no plans other than to keep it Stock... I will get a larger Fuel Tank from Transfer Flow... but other than that... it came with the Bed Cap, Air Lift Suspension, and pretty loaded option wise. Might do a DVD Player/GPS Head Unit in time...but otherwise its terrific.

It is a truck though...I drove it 3 days last week...and then yesterday used the Burban...man ... the Burb rides like a Friggin Bentley compared to the unloaded Harley...

I am excited to Tow with it...

Doc of Random Transport Options & Modified Burbans to Come :cool:

zelatore
02-20-2008, 09:33 AM
When are you gonna buy a Truck :drive:that will pull your boat?

Man, look at that. The guy gets a new truck, a few people compliment him on it, and it goes straight to his head and he starts talkin' smack!

'course, if you wanted to trade for my '05 Dodge 1500 I'd do it. You know, just to help ease your conscience and all.

Dr. Dan
02-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Man, look at that. The guy gets a new truck, a few people compliment him on it, and it goes straight to his head and he starts talkin' smack!
'course, if you wanted to trade for my '05 Dodge 1500 I'd do it. You know, just to help ease your conscience and all.

Don,

Bill owns a 28Z and Rack Stores it... so he doesn't really need to Trailer anywhere... which is pretty convenient. He will need a decent size Truck to Tow to Events if he ever decides to attend any with his boat.

The Northern Bay is gorgeous and its reasonably protected... so unless ya really want the hassle of Towing a 28' Boat... I wouldn't worry about it either. I wish I lived where he lives...

Doc of Landlocked Alternative Shelter :cool:

zelatore
02-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Why heck, just a 28Z? He could tow that behind a mini-truck!

Actually, I'm shocked how a lot of people just don't understand how big a 28 foot boat is on a trailer. One of the boats we sell new is the Albin 28 TE. It's a 10' wide single screw inboard with a short keel, so you can imagine how high it sits on a trailer and how big it looks when it's out of the water. It's listed as 7500 lbs dry.

Several times I've had guys interested in trailering them. I always caution them that it's going to look a lot bigger once they get it out of the water compared to when it's sitting in the marina surrounded by bigger boats and warn them they'll need a lot of truck. About half of them seem to think their half-ton or SUV is enough for the job.

Sure it is.

I'd love to say 'hey, it's your a$$ on the line buddy, you know the details so you make the call' but I know if they loose it it won't matter, they'll still end up taking us to court anyway.
:nilly:

Air 22
02-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I was sworn not to tell.....:hangum::wink::wink:
Undertaker
PS He is seriously pimping now though...
FYI..here is the new toy. we took delivery Dec 13, 2008
2008 ESV 22' wheels Nav, Back-up Camera, Dual DVD, Black Leather Interior, 403HP 6.2L Vette Motor...Auto Level System...works great towing..it pulls the 22 w/ eazzzz:wink: A true joy to drive!:drive:

undertaker
02-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Damn I wish I had Your money.....:nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly:

Air 22
02-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Damn I wish I had Your money.....:nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly:

Ed...get your Pilot's License and I can pull some strings,,,lol:):)