PDA

View Full Version : Trojan F36 F32

glashole
02-12-2008, 07:26 AM
does anyone know anything about these boats? :confused:

I have been looking at a couple of them online and they seem to be pretty cool and would be alot of fun

Is there inherent problems :doh:to look for or something I should know if I were to get serious about buying one?

BUIZILLA
02-12-2008, 07:31 AM
we have a member here out of Texas, that I think had a 32 ??...

Harbormaster would know for sure

mjw930
02-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Trojan's were all over the place when I grew up in S. Jersey in the 70's. They were a great mid level boat, not up to the par set by Post and Viking but miles ahead of builder like Pacemaker and Jersey. I really like the F or International Series boats. They were ahead of their time.

I would stay away from anything built in the late 80's, they were falling on hard times and eventually closed their doors in '92 as did a lot of other builders in the North East.

Here's some sites that have good histories, enjoy:

http://www.trojanboats.net/TB%20History.htm
http://www.trojanownersclub.com/

MOP
02-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Being a broker and having sold and run quite few they are a really good boat, the 36 is my favorite! They both have one problem! The engine room vents dump water in the bilge in a rough sea, several I have seen as of late have closed the old vents and installed new ones higher on the cabin sides. I have one of the nicest ones listed on my site, salt boat but exceptional.

Phil

Team Jefe
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
we have a member here out of Texas, that I think had a 32 ??...
Harbormaster would know for sure

JimG had a nice 26 single...he loved it, but moved up to a 36 Pace. Shoot him an email, he sure knows Trojans.

wannabe
02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Up here on O hi O there are many F32 Trojans and many dont survey well due to wet or rotten stringers.

MOP
02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Up here on O hi O there are many F32 Trojans and many dont survey well due to wet or rotten stringers.

Pit fall of fresh water boats! One of my buddies restores classic wooden boats, he says the damn fresh water kills the wood. The flip is the salt kills the hardware!

mjw930
02-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Pit fall of fresh water boats! One of my buddies restores classic wooden boats, he says the damn fresh water kills the wood. The flip is the salt kills the hardware!

Does that mean the brackish water kills the boat evenly :wink:

Likwidsukr
02-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I have a 1971 F-26 hardtop Express Trojan. I love the boat! It has a 300HP 351 Windsor, a vdrive. Big azz boat for a 26.
It is 10.5 feet wide.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484IMG_0011.JPG

JimG
02-28-2008, 06:30 AM
Love them Trojans! My 26 was an awesome boat!
We almost bought a 32, before stumbling upon my Pace. Well built, mass produced sportfish/cruisers. Most were powered with Chryslers, (IMO the best gas marine engine ever built.), and many are still chugging along today. Price is usually right on them, too. If you want more info, pm me.

BTW: If you buy a Trojan, let me know. I'll send you a copy of the original owners manual.

Jraysray
02-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Love them Trojans! My 26 was an awesome boat!
We almost bought a 32, before stumbling upon my Pace. Well built, mass produced sportfish/cruisers. Most were powered with Chryslers, (IMO the best gas marine engine ever built.), and many are still chugging along today. Price is usually right on them, too. If you want more info, pm me.

BTW: If you buy a Trojan, let me know. I'll send you a copy of the original owners manual.

lovem and looking.One I saw was to far gone for myself.

boldts
03-10-2008, 05:54 AM
My grandfather had the F36 Sedan model with the fly bridge. As a kid, we would go up to Cedar Point in Sandusky on Lake Erie where he kept the boat year around. They are or were built I believe by the Amish over in PA. Thats the reason so many are located here in O Hi O and the Northeast. They have some of the most beautiful teak wood used all over them. My grandfather's was still a wood model as this goes back some 40 years or so now. Before the Trogan, he had a 28' Owens. Again all wood, but a hardtop instead of the sedan. We took that boat and then later the Trojan across Lake Erie to visit Canada. I'm sure you can guess though as kids, my brother and I loved the flybridge. We were on top of the world up there. Grandpa always let us drive her once we got out of the marina. Very fond memories of a well built, beautiful boat back in the day. BTW, Pacemakers have round bottoms like our Donzi Classics. They would rock and roll just from small wakes in the marina. Just a matter of what you want in your cabin cruiser.