PDA

View Full Version : Victoria BC

Uncle Fester
02-10-2008, 03:12 PM
So Sherry booked us a weekend in Victoria next month. Gonna take the Clipper out of Seattle and stay at the Oswego. (to celebrate our 2 years together). Haven't been to Victoria since I was 15. Anybody have any ideas on what to do or see while up there?

On a side note.... I don't think I made it public on Donzi.net, but look what Santa brought the little lady for Christmas...... I found a keeper :beer:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/rennerr/12-25-07_1020.jpg

Ed Donnelly
02-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Lenny might know a place or 2 to go................Ed

Uncle Fester
03-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Well.... leaving this afternoon and never heard anything. Guess we'll just experience it on our own...

Lenny
03-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Sorry, just saw this post... :(

Call me 250-474-4005. I live in Victoria.

Uncle Fester
03-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks Lenny. We're here at the Oswego all settled in (Customs suck.... almost didn't get in). We're gonna go explore around for now. I'll give you a call later when you get off work. We're in room 906. Phone is 250-294-7500. I can't turn on my cell up here since it is a company phone and it's international charges.

Hope we can finally meet and kill a few brews.

Lenny
03-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Call me. I am not at work. I have 4 days off. (Fri-Mon)

Let's go !!! GIDDY-UP :D

I can show you some stuff. (Deneen and I can)

Donziweasel
03-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I almost didn't get into Canada one time because of DUI 18 years before when I was in college. Swiped my passport through the machine, and bam, there is was. Told them I plead NO-LO and it was off my record. They grumbled, but let me through. Had another freinds tunred away driving there one time for the same thing. Kinda strict.

Still, love BC! Amazing scenary and really nice people.

Ed Donnelly
03-21-2008, 10:35 PM
I didn't think we were that strict here in Canada

Still working on my U.S. pardon so I can attend a few events.
Failing to file 2000 income tax is criminal in Canada.
I guess U.S. Customs thinks I would be a bad influence....Ed

Lenny
03-23-2008, 07:09 PM
GREAT !!! hanging with you guys yesterday.

Poo Poo to Poodle and the "liver" comment :D

Deneen and I were very reserved and almost "adults" this time Scott. ;)

Probably only about 8 quick ones... (each)

See ya'll in Cumberland.

Fester, that was a blast :yes:

:D :D :D

Next time, come up here when it is not 55 degrees and we can go visit about 700 Islands and about 100 waterborne pubs :)

Take care, Lenny and Deneen

Uncle Fester
03-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Lenny, thanks again. You and Deneen are top notch. Saturday was the highlight of our visit. You guys are always welcome down here (just don't bring your wallet), we owe you big time.

On another note... after great weather on Friday and Saturday.... Sunday went to crap. What a trip home... Clipper leaves the harbor at 5:00 just as a storm is brewing. They start to cross the straight and it's too rough but was funner than hell for me and Sherry. They say they're gonna detour thru Deception Pass. Then got word that was too rough. So we went around past Anacortes and thru the Swinomish Channel??:shocking:

This was like taking that ferry up the Okanogan River. All the people in the shorline houses were taking pictures and their jaws were on the ground...lol. Crew said this is only like the 4th time in their history of ever running that route. Took 5 hours to get to Seattle instead of 2.5...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/rennerr/ferryroute.jpg