PDA

View Full Version : And it continues....

Donziweasel
02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Just got back from my annual a 3 day, 300 mile snowmobile trip through western Wyoming. The weather was actually nice for the first day and a half. I had 8 freinds from Atlanta and Charleston out and everyone had a great time. No damage to the sleds and no injuries. The snow was untracked and DEEP for some great backcountry riding. Put an exhaust valve kit on my M-1000 and now have over 200 hp! It really ripped in the deep powder and climbed the big stuff like a monkey. We were at 7000-10000 feet and wetn over the Continental Divide twice. Stayed at great lodges along the way. Will try and post some pics later.

36 inches in the last 5 days. 397 inches year to date. No one can remember ever having seen a winter like this winter. Heading for 600 inches on the year. It snows every day. Hold on, let me look outside, yep, its snowing. :hangum: Man, is it ever going to end!

wrussellw
02-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip.
Hows that Global Warming thing up there?

gcarter
02-08-2008, 08:05 PM
In the '70's, my sister lived in Breckenridge for several years. While visiting her one ski season, I saw a reprint of a newspaper article from the turn of the last century. While no one had a total for snow fall that winter season, it was so deep that the town tunneled along the sidewalks and accross streets at intersections. It didn't completely melt until July.

Donziweasel
02-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Hmmm.......global warming. Seen 33 feet (397 inches) of snow and seen -25 degrees this winter.

As much as I complain about the amount of snow we are getting, business has never been better, and the skiing and snowmobiling are flat out fantastic. Every day is a big powder day. My company has been transporting many very happy skiers around the valley this winter. It would be nice to get 4 or 5 days of no snow and some sun, but we have had no more than really a single day at a time with no snow. Not too late to book a long weekend out here this winter, plus I could use some help on the Bronco!:wink:

Donziweasel
02-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Update- JH officially cracked 400 inches (actually 404 inches)on the year. Got 7 inches last night. Hang on again, going to look outside, yep, still snowing.

Donziweasel
02-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Is that Breckenridge? 34 inches behind, not bad, but we are supposed to get pounded tommorrow again. Grand Targhee actually picked up 24 inches out of that last storm.

http://www.jacksonhole.com/weather.snow.report.asp

Will Powell fill?

gcarter
02-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Will Powell fill?
That's the question, isn't it? :doh:

Donziweasel
02-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I have been looking at the snow pack for Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming that affect Powell. All of the snowpack is above 100% with most above 150% and some even above 180%. If this winter keeps up, it will be close.

Donziweasel
02-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Been to Steamboat a few times, nice resort. Still has western flavor unlike a lot of the Colorado I-70 resorts (Vail, Beaver Creek, Copper, etc..). I like that.