PDA

View Full Version : sunpad pictures...

Tony
02-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I know these are controversial, but a couple guys asked to see pics of my sunpad after reading the "vinyl re-conditioner" thread. The price was right (thanks again, Dan!) and there are times it is going to come in very handy for our usage.

It's 42" x ~58", with a two inch taper (57" to 59") from bow to stern. It looks to me like 1 1/2" closed-cell foam will be about right. Here's a foam for marine use, Foamex DriFast, (http://www.foamex.com/cushioning/furniture.php#deck) and this company (http://www.foamex.com/cushioning/furniture.php#deck) offers it, too. I'm hoping it is able to fold once lengthwise to store in the bow...not yet sure of that, though.

I'll probably remove the snaps on the sunpad instead of adding snaps to my boat. That will leave me the job of figuring out an alternative attachment plan...that might be interesting!

:beer:

BigGrizzly
02-08-2008, 06:44 PM
As for the snaps my guy suggest tabs behind the rear cushion and under the hatch. Open the hatch fols out the tabs and the one behind the rear seat and your done. After he gave me the price I just bough my wife two new towels

Barry Eller
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't have a hatch pad, but a Rubber Maid bath mat with the suction cups works great for a place to step on the boat when boarding at the dock, or for my Wife's skinny knees when boarding the boat from the water. Just remember to remove it before running the boat, they will blow off. (We have lost at least 3 of them!):smash:

TXDONZI
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
How about having a skirt for lack of a better term. It would install sorta like a buffer pad on a buffer disc. Have it split at the hinges with tieable draw strings at either hinge with a little velcro flip cover for the strings and a trimed hole for the hatch latch. I would think the hatch would close over it without binding.

Tony
02-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Neat idea, it really became clear when you used the "buffer pad" analogy. To avoid creasing or bunching you could eliminate the four corners...just use four straight pieces extending down the majority of the four sides of the hatch...then draw them with the cord, and velcro/lash to the top of the hatch.

yeller
02-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Tony, if it measures 1.5", use a 2" foam. The foam is always thicker. When you cut it to size, cut the foam 1/2" bigger all the way around. This will help to keep the vinyl tight.

TXDONZI
02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Heres a pic of mine on.... This was the previous owner. I have never had it on to date. Maybe this summer.

Tony
02-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Tony, if it measures 1.5", use a 2" foam. The foam is always thicker. When you cut it to size, cut the foam 1/2" bigger all the way around. This will help to keep the vinyl tight.

Thanks for the tips!

p729lws
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't have a hatch pad, but a Rubber Maid bath mat with the suction cups works great for a place to step on the boat when boarding at the dock, or for my Wife's skinny knees when boarding the boat from the water. Just remember to remove it before running the boat, they will blow off. (We have lost at least 3 of them!):smash:
Barry,
Nice bath mat:propeller: Got any more of those Pacificos?:cool:
Dan

mjw930
02-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I think I see a bimini top in that picture..... I thought they weren't allowed here ;)

p729lws
02-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I think I see a bimini top in that picture..... I thought they weren't allowed here ;)

Barry plays by his own rules..:popcorn:

Barry Eller
02-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Barry plays by his own rules..:popcorn:
Damn Straight!:popcorn::drinkbeer:
Dan's dog "Birdie" likes the bath mat and the Bimini top!