PDA

View Full Version : Off to Portland!

zelatore
02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
So I just got an email from Carver's Traffic department asking for the address I want my next boat shipped to in Portland.

What?

Seems the boss has made some sort of plan to ship the boat there and assemble it.

You think he'd tell the guy in charge of receiving the boat, assembling it, installing any extra gear, and sea-trialing.

Yeah, you'd think that, wouldn't you?

(picture me slowly shaking my head with a hand to my forehead for full effect)

Anyway, looks like I might spend a week or so in Portland sometime next month. Anybody in that area want to get together for a beer some night? I won't have the Donzi there, but I'll have a spiffy new 47 Carver to play with.

Cuda
02-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Say hey to all my cousins, aunts, and uncles that live there. That's where my mom is from. We lived there two years, after my dad retired from the Navy. My cousin, who has lived here since 1977, moved back two years ago, and he said it's weirdo heaven now.:eek!:

zelatore
02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
he said it's weirdo heaven now.:eek!:

Do keep in mind I work in the San Francisco area. Weird is relative.

:propeller:

Cuda
02-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Do keep in mind I work in the San Francisco area. Weird is relative.
:propeller:
I stand corrected. :)

FISHIN SUCKS
02-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Not that this would help you, but Jello Biafra, former front man for the Dead Kennedy's, once told a funny story about Portland. If you get overrun with wierdness, my customer that owns Baker Rock (Mike Baker) seems normal. He's in Beaver Creek (suburb). Not that you would probably call him, but just trying say he's normal for midwest standards:biggrin.:

zelatore
02-12-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure I'm even normal by mid-west standards any more. After all, I've been out here for about 10 years, and the place does sort of grow on ya.

Looks like Portland might be the first week of March, but still waiting on final ship date for the boat...

zelatore
02-21-2008, 10:44 AM
The boat's on it's way and I've booked the trip. Looks like I'll be up there next Monday and at least the rest of the week. I've tenativly booked the return flight for the 5th, but that depends on how things go with the commisioning.

We'll be on working at a yard on Highway 30 on the Multnomah Channel.

If anybody's in the area, give me a call 510-825-5056

Don

zelatore
02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
That boy aint quite right in the head is he??"

Now THAT sounds like a Hoosier talkin'!