PDA

View Full Version : 22C Bridge height

DBGB
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know what the bridge height is on a 22 Classic? I am on a chain of lakes that has a couple of low bridges that I have to navigate.

Thank you in advance.

Barry Eller
02-08-2008, 06:45 AM
I'm not sure of exact height from water line to top of windshield...

It will be considerably lower at idle than running at speed!:biggrin.:

My est would be 42"

Don't forget to duck you head!

Ranman
02-08-2008, 08:58 AM
THere are lots of people on the Chain in MI with 22 DOnzi's. Carl Chase from this board has one on the chain. I'm sure he coule tell you.

glashole
02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
if it doesn't fit get fatter friends :)

Tidbart
02-08-2008, 11:01 AM
With or without a tuna tower? :wink::wink:

Tony
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
DBGB...welcome to the registry, it's always good to discover another Michigan Donzi owner. Is the "chain of lakes" you refer to the route that allows you to start on Elk Lake and go through Skegamoog, Torch, Clam, Bellaire, Intermediate, Hanley, Wilson, three little un-named ones, then back south on Six Mile Lake, Scotts Lake, and finally Beals Lake?

If so then you are in a beautiful area, somewhat near to where I spend my summer...over in Frankfort. Also, there is a gathering on Torch Lake every year, last year we had a dozen sweet Donzis tearing up the lake and enjoying the sandbar.

Are the rivers between the above mentioned lakes all plenty deep? That is what I worry about, and why Clam Lake is as far as I've ventured. I love my DPX outdrive, but the location of the water pickup means that churning up muck is a big headache for me and my cooling system!

Tell us more about your 22', and where you boat...

VetteLT193
02-08-2008, 01:49 PM
if it doesn't fit get fatter friends :)

I thought all clearance problems were solved by removing the drain plug :wink:

When you are going slow, it fills up the bilge and lowers the boat in the water.

Speed up and it drains out. :crossfing:

DBGB
02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks Guys.. No I am not a Donzi owner yet. But after a year of talking about one, the wife is starting to wear down. I have a couple of toys I have to move and then I am in business. The chain of lakes is actually the Portage chain in Pinckney MI.

Tony
02-08-2008, 09:15 PM
The chain of lakes is actually the Portage chain in Pinckney MI.

Jamie Root's neck of the woods.
Good luck with your search!

:beer:

slapshot11
02-09-2008, 05:48 PM
In the 2005 issue of SPEEDBOAT Magazine they did a comparison of the 22' Donzi Classic with 3 other boats and listed the Donzi's bridge clearence as 3 feet, 3 inches on the spec page.

Barry Eller
02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
In the 2005 issue of SPEEDBOAT Magazine they did a comparison of the 22' Donzi Classic with 3 other boats and listed the Donzi's bridge clearence as 3 feet, 3 inches on the spec page.

My guess was 42 inches. 39 inches? I will always lie about the other 3 inches!:angel::crossfing: