PDA

View Full Version : You Guys Are Going To Love This!!!!

TXDONZI
02-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I found this on the 460ford.com site. I know Grizz will like it being a Ford kinda guy. You Cig fans are going to dddrrrooooolllll. Talk about something one off and different.....
http://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?p=136350&highlight=&sid=0621c7516b528f2c225feb88ba437ccd

VetteLT193
02-07-2008, 11:57 AM
That is an OSO member, both his boats are Ford powered.

His Glad is killer... not sure why Cig stopped making them.

roadtrip se
02-07-2008, 12:59 PM
That is an OSO member, both his boats are Ford powered.
His Glad is killer... not sure why Cig stopped making them.

Spend big bucks on a Glad, you better spend some more big bucks on insurance, life jackets, and driving lessons, because chances are pretty good you might go for some unplanned swimming sometime soon.

Don't get me wrong, I love these boats and sit-down boats in general like the ZR Comp, but the Glads have a reputation for going unplanned upside down to add some excitement to the day.

ITTLFLI
02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Awesome! I love the path less travelled!!!

BigGrizzly
02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Talk about building it right and pulling out all the stops. Neat!!!!

TXDONZI
02-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Talk about building it right and pulling out all the stops. Neat!!!!

I knew you would love it. Being a 335 series fan one can't help but pull for big brother 385 series. If I could get one of those bell housings I would consider going blown possibly stroked BBF myself. I have a 30 over 429 premium fuel Dove motor that is all (rebuild at 72k miles) original parts but cam, valves, rocker arms and piston complete and running. I am planning on mating it to my 280 in the Kona Daycruiser. The only major parts I need is a 429/460 Borg Warner Velvet drive bell housing and exhaust. I have the intermediate unit already.

I was saving the motor for when I restore the 72 Mach 1 But I have a 73 2v Cleavland and a 71 4v top end for it so I can go that route if need be.

VetteLT193
02-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Spend big bucks on a Glad, you better spend some more big bucks on insurance, life jackets, and driving lessons, because chances are pretty good you might go for some unplanned swimming sometime soon.
Don't get me wrong, I love these boats and sit-down boats in general like the ZR Comp, but the Glads have a reputation for going unplanned upside down to add some excitement to the day.

I call it the 'crotch rocket theory'.

Allow someone to buy something cheap (relative) that has that much power and speed and there are bound to be problems.

BigGrizzly
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
The bell housing is still available from Osco as is the Cleveland that will bolt to the Velvet drive even the NEW Velvet drive. I have the V4 in my 71 Mach I and one in my Corsican, and two spare.