PDA

View Full Version : I need NEW BLACK carpet for the LE (1 of 25 ) 18

Lenny
02-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Bob can't do it of BILT-RITE fame (or its current formula) But I need this now.
No, I am NOT going to supply patterns I can NOT do it myself, nor would I ever trust such a job to an "upholstery shop" I have never heard of.
I want carpet, jet black pile, for an 18 2+3 with the STANDARD floor layout, with red piping around the perimeter for Buizillas LE.
and fast...

Mr X
02-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Why not do the "classy" thing and ring up one of the advertisers on this site.
I am sure they are fully capable of whiping one out quickly.

ITTLFLI
02-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Why not do the "classy" thing and ring up one of the advertisers on this site.
I am sure they are fully capable of whiping one out quickly.

Just an FYI...I have left 3 messages with Jim at PPI. Still no return call! The last time I was specific with what I wanted and asked that just someone call me back with the info I was after...still no return call! I realize they are busy getting ready for the show....but at least have the assistant call back.

Mr X
02-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Just an FYI...I have left 3 messages with Jim at PPI. Still no return call! The last time I was specific with what I wanted and asked that just someone call me back with the info I was after...still no return call! I realize they are busy getting ready for the show....but at least have the assistant call back.
Wow! Thats not good!! :eek!:

VetteLT193
02-07-2008, 09:19 AM

That's the same experience I had with them. total waste of time

Mr X
02-07-2008, 10:30 AM
That's the same experience I had with them. total waste of time
Yikes!! :hangum:

Lenny
02-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Does DONZI have this item ??? hmmmmm
Does DONZI supply an all black carpet for a new 18 ?
Chris, Ted ???

VetteLT193
02-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Does DONZI have this item ??? hmmmmm
Does DONZI supply an all black carpet for a new 18 ?
Chris, Ted ???

I have to assume they will get it from PPI. When I called Donzi they redirected me directly to PPI.

thriller
02-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Lenny, Jim can do it? If not explain as he was all prepaired do zip one up for me not more than ...what......6 mths ago?

Black to boot with a DONZI logo in the middle

MM

Carl C
02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Lenny, I was very happy with www.matworks.com (http://www.matworks.com) . You will have to lay out, cut and return a template though. The workmanship and materials are top shelf and they will do anything you request (like your custom piping or a Donzi logo). They will send you the template kit.

Lenny
02-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Lenny, Jim can do it? If not explain as he was all prepaired do zip one up for me not more than ...what......6 mths ago?
Black to boot with a DONZI logo in the middle
MM
Jim who ???

thriller
02-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry My Mistake...Bob....... ex: Bilt Rite

Maybe He wants you to send him a pattern. I can help you with it.It's easy with cardboard/duct tape...then transfer to rice paper for easy shipping:)

knots2u
02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Lenny,
I have the 18 pattern, it is the black carpet that is the problem, discontinued color. I am still looking for other black carpet, nothing I have seen so far is near the quality I, or you, expect. My supplier is still checking his shelves for a remnant.
Black with red binding?!?! :shocking:

Bob

BUIZILLA
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:cool:
I think I have the original carpet...

Lenny
02-07-2008, 09:42 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:cool:
I think I have the original carpet...

Jim, I sent you an email about 2 weeks ago wondering if you had any ....

No reply.. So I figured I would just buy some.

What made me think of it was;

I was sitting in the shop, in the drivers seat, drinking wine, in heat, with hot fans blowing on me, hair was flowing as if in Biscayne Bay at 60, and between sips, I played with the radio and traversed between Country and Grunge, then I looked down on the floor and....

well, I saw a "snap" grommet on the floor. Made me think it MIGHT have been there,... once ... Then I had to have some.

LIKE NOW

Jimmy, if you got it I would LOVE it :) :) :)

BUIZILLA
02-07-2008, 09:50 PM
uhhhhhhh

Mr Forgetfull

in between wine sip's, check your emails, where you asked if I had it, I said yes, you asked what color it was, and I replied off white, and you then wrote back you wanted black instead.... :propeller:

must be purty good wine..

Lenny
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Off white is fine,... :D It will do as a pattern for the Insignia 'd BLACK one. :D

Thanks Jim :)

knots2u
02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Lenny,
I have yet to hear back from my supplier and the only other black carpet I have found so far looks like monkey fur. It sounds like you are covered so I'm calling in my hunting dogs.
Bob