PDA

View Full Version : vinyl re-conditioner...

Tony
02-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Dan Nye (9p729lws) mailed me a sweet sun-pad for the hatch on my 22. I plan on using it for party outings, where swimming and/or the ability to stretch out is desired. But...right now the color of the pad is cream and pink, while my boat is white and red. The vinyl is in good shape but has just faded from the sun, kind of like the red gel was when I bought my boat.

Would a good-quality vinyl paint stand up to the light use I have in mind? Has anyone used this method for re-conditioning older or faded vinyl? Any experiences or recommendations are welcome and appreciated...THANKS!

:beer:

Tony
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm pathetic...answering my own post!

I found this company, ColorBond, (http://colorbondtuner.com/features.html) that sounds almost too good to be true. I was expecting to pay more money and apply it with a spray gun. Below is a quote from their "reviews" page:

"... The results were excellent ... Short of Sandpapering off the surface we haven't found anything that makes the treated surface behave differently than a new piece of vinyl."

-Product Report Powerboat Reports

yeller
02-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Sounds like a good product. If you use it, let me know how it works out. I'd be interested in seeing how it holds up through the summer.

VetteLT193
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm pathetic...answering my own post!

I found this company, ColorBond, (http://colorbondtuner.com/features.html) that sounds almost too good to be true. I was expecting to pay more money and apply it with a spray gun. Below is a quote from their "reviews" page:

"... The results were excellent ... Short of Sandpapering off the surface we haven't found anything that makes the treated surface behave differently than a new piece of vinyl."

-Product Report Powerboat Reports

The entire interior of my '67 mustang was sprayed with a similar product. The average person thinks it's 100% original interior.

BigGrizzly
02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I used it, works well. They supply the stuff to others as well under different labels. Changed the arm rest in my Doge van from green to blue and it lasted 15 years before wearing through.

Tony
02-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the replies, and for the PM from BGZX.
you can go from $13/can to $94/quart on this stuff.
I'll keep looking in to it and post which way I go.