PDA

View Full Version : Long night in Mid-South...

roadtrip se
02-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Wild, wild weather for this time of the year here in Kentucky.

The winds are still howling and I spent a big chunk of last night up monitoring the local tornado warning and severe weather reports. Nothing major happened here in Russell County.

Different story in Lafayette, Tn. Checked in with Gero. He is okay, but has no power. A chunk of Lafayette is gone. Eighteen are reported dead. He said the sky was glowing orange from the natural gas pumping station explosion and all of the lightning.

Wow.

Trueser
02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
what about the moonshine and the Blackhawk?

BUIZILLA
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
friend of mine in Sparta called me this morning and said I *might* need to check on my lakehouse... been calling my next door neighbor today, and apparently the phone is out :confused: :doh: :banghead:

roadtrip se
02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
is good. Heck with the BH and the shine, its the hickory farm I am worried about and maybe the man himself, just a little.

Buiz, if you can't get a report, I'll drive down and take a look-see. Have to be in the next couple of days, because I am headed your way soon.

BUIZILLA
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
trip... BIL is going out tomorrow, thanx for the offer... it rock and rolled in Brentwood til 3:15 am he said...