PDA

View Full Version : Bob Knight

farmer tx
02-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Resigned from Texas Tech today. Wonder who will end up with the drama king?

gold-n-rod
02-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Resigned from Texas Tech today. Wonder who will end up with the drama king?

What a blowhard. Any institution with ANY shred of integrety will say, "no thanks!" :smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

FISHIN SUCKS
02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Call me crazy (it wouldn't be the first time), but I like Bobby! The only thing I liked about IU (Indiana University) was Bobby primarily because he didn't take any crap from his players or the media. He was about discipline, maybe not his own self-discipline (got a chair, anyone?), but about making grades and working as a team. Sure he was old-school coaching, but look at some of these players in the pro's, I think a few of them should have had some Bobby and a woodshed in their upbringing:smash::smash::smash:!

just my $.02:wink:

zelatore
02-05-2008, 10:41 AM
As a former Hoosier myself, I was always sort of partial to him. Since I lived in the southern part of the state I didn't really have much choice. In Indiana, high school and collage basket ball was what it's all about and IU vs KY was SERIOUS buisness so Bobby was THE MAN.

Of course, I pretty much stopped following most stick and ball sports around the early 90's. Heck, I heard about it when he left IU, but I wasn't even sure when it was or where he had gone.

Love him or hate him, he was a major force in collage ball for a lot of years.

It's sort of like how all the bike magazines are writing these love-stories about Evel Kenivil now that he's passed away. Truth was, he wasn't exactly a saint, but he had a big impact (and sometimes made a big impact) on the sport.

Tony
02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I completely understand the above two opinions and the love/hate feelings about The General.

Personally, I respect that he is a great coach...but I also feel he is a crappy person. I just cannot envision someone being a true leader of youth, a role model if you will, that has anger management issues.

:beer:

wrussellw
02-06-2008, 07:06 AM
A friend of mine was taunting him in the hotel lobby after the LSU-Indiana game years ago.
Bobby turned around and punched him out. Pretty sure my buddy deserved it.

zelatore
02-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, that sounds like the Bobby I remember. I'd wager he might have said a few 4-letter words as well.