PDA

View Full Version : Help please-trailer setup for '90 GT230

cobra
02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm rebuilding my trailer and can't find good info on where to properly set up the support. It's an "EZ loader" galvanized steel bunk type trailer with keel rollers. I'm assuming under the stringers and from the keel, but I've seen where some manufacturers suggest all, some, or non of the support under the keel. Also, the stringers on this boat seem to be split at the engine. They look to run continuous from the cabin right to the engine compartment, then go just slightly outboard at the engine bulkhead and continue to the transom. It looks as tho the stringers from the engine area are stacked against the outboard side of the stringers for the rest of the boat. Is there another set of stringers further outboard?-and should I put a second set of bunks under that area?

Team Jefe
02-05-2008, 06:44 AM
I don't have the answer for you, but If I was loooking I'd talk to the EZ Loader folks, maybe with some pictures to help out.

Obviously you don't want too much stress in any specific part of the boat.

You might try trailerboats.com and see if anyone has a similar set up?

Also check this thread, http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12488/16769.shtml
seems they have a few GT230 owners there....not talking trailers, but maybe you can contact them for pics, set up details, etc.

Good Luck

cobra
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Gracias Jefe! One of those guys on the other thread is me (Oscar), but I may hit the other guy-and your other suggestions too. If nothing pans out I'll just divide the weight amongst 4 2x6 flat bunks & the keel rollers.
Any idea if someone would still have the build specs on this boat?-blueprints or pics or something showing the lay-up so I know what all is hidden below? It'd be helpful for some of my future mod. plans.

Team Jefe
02-06-2008, 09:35 AM
No Clue amigo, but good luck with the search.