PDA

View Full Version : Bought our first home. FL...here we come!

ChromeGorilla
02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Well, this past weekend we spent some time down in jax looking at different communities in which to build..... and after lots of looking we did it.

Lots of stress and happpiness..... scary, but our ducks are in a row and the time is right. We are so relieved and happy.....(still some jitters though...)

We took the plunge Saturday and bought a house. Construction starts in March and we should close in Aug. :crossfing:

Oh.... did I mention the standard 40' deep 3 car garage on this floorplan. :eek!: :rlol::yes: One of my favorite features.... lol

I can't believe we just did this!!!!!!!!!!

ChromeGorilla
02-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Nah.... I was looking in a wee bit different market....:wink: LOL

Last Tango
02-04-2008, 08:47 AM
So, just EXACTLY where in town are you building?

I was out on the St. Johns all day yesterday and it was freakin' awesome. Sunshine and perfect temperatures. Put in at Crystal Cove north of Palatka, then ran to Dunn's Creek and into Crescent Lake to Crescent City, and lunch at Three Bananas.
I have a great Donzi Doo-rag sunburn on my forehead! LOL!

Welcome HOME, buddy!

BUIZILLA
02-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I really admire the tenacity and fortitude you two have...

it's really too bad the younger generation isn't generally as focused as you guys are..

very admirable feat

:cool:

ChromeGorilla
02-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Jim, thank you very much for the kind words. This definately took some sacrifices, but we're doing this the right way. It may have taken a while... but we'll be better off for it.

Mark....after a long long research process and making lots of decisions on pro's and con's of MANY different neighborhoods, we ended up building in Greenland Chase on Greenland road in Mandarin.

Last Tango
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
AWESOME! You are just down the road from me!!! Woo-Hoo!!!
And you are going to be very pleased with the new ramp at Mandarin Park and at Goodby's Creek by Hooters!

ChromeGorilla
02-04-2008, 09:41 AM
AWESOME! You are just down the road from me!!! Woo-Hoo!!!
And you are going to be very pleased with the new ramp at Mandarin Park and at Goodby's Creek by Hooters!

I used Goodby's creek last June when I was down for the JFFPR...awesome ramp.

Now do tell about the Mandarin Park ramp.... where is that?:propeller:

Last Tango
02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Well, the Mandarin Park ramp is on Julington Creek right next to the sailboat marinas. It is off Mandarin Road on that small hitch to the right that continues south toward San Jose. Take a little drive and you will be amazed at the transformation there.
It is virtually within walking distance of my house.
However, it turns out that the Mandarin Park boat ramp is populated by the amatures, so I haven't been using it much. The ramp at Goodby's seems to be populated by the real boaters, so things there run very smoothely all the time. Not unusual to see three-wide launches and recoveries there, no arguments, and two really nice long finger piers. Mandarin Park has only one small finger pier, and everyone seems to think it is a boat dock. And it is not uncommmon to see one boat tie up the whole ramp. But if you get there early and beat the idiots, you will like the convenience and the parking.
Parking at Goodby's is EXCELLENT! Nice bathrooms as well.

Team Jefe
02-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Congrats Chromey, We wish y'all all the best...the big question is, can those ramps handle a NORMAL sized boat...like a 30ZF:lookaroun:

boxy
02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Congrats Chromey, We wish y'all all the best...the big question is, can those ramps handle a NORMAL sized boat...like a 30ZF:lookaroun:

...... and is the incline shallow enough that the chromemonkey won't need a tow every time he tries to pull his boat out .... :smash:

Congrats Chromey.

gcarter
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Congrats on Casa Nueve!!!!!!!!!!

Tell Boxy there's not much of a tide on the river.
It was funny!

Cuda
02-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Congrats Scott. Maybe I'll be able to meet you at the Glen sometime this summer.

need for speed
02-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Congrats:smash:

VERY COOOL!!!!

catch 22
02-05-2008, 03:49 AM
Congrats to both of you. Will you be making it to the Miami Boat Show next week?

ChromeGorilla
02-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Congrats to both of you. Will you be making it to the Miami Boat Show next week?

Ughh.... thats a big negative Jimbo.... Looking like it will be a nice group of attendees this year too..... you guys will have to hold down the fort without me this year.....

I could go, but I'm gonna keep the travels lmited until we close....then it's game on.... Hometown Rally.....Palatka..Toys for Tots....Miami 09...etc :crossfing:

McGary911
02-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Welcome to town Chromey......Listen to Mark, he seems to know everything about this town. I've been down here just over a year and haven't even scratched the surface. I'm hoping to buy this year too.

Not sure we need another Yankee fan in town, but we'll let you in anyway :wink:

Congrats on the house too. That's a huge deal.

ChromeGorilla
02-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks. I used to live in the area for almost 10 years. I know it very well.....and the boating is off the charts....LOTS of water.

When I get down there we have some boating to do my friend... :yes:

Between Mark and myself you'll know every inch of the St. Johns and associated creeks all the way down to Lake George.

Fish boy
02-05-2008, 12:58 PM
congrats to u both chromy. welcome to fl.

fish