PDA

View Full Version : Any V Rod experts on the board?

Cuda
02-03-2008, 11:02 AM
For two days, I've been trying to get the battery out of an 04 V Rod. I've got half the bike apart, and STILL don't have the battery loose yet. :mad:

Cuda
02-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Never mind. I thought I'd just cut the rubber band that holds it, and THEN I'd see how it's attached. I finally got it out without cutting. I stretched the band over the front of the battery, then worried it out.

mjw930
02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Cuda,

Sorry I didn't see this thread until you had it figured out. If you have any more V-Rod questions ask me. You may remember me from the V-rodForums (http://www.1130cc.com), I have the same handle over there and I'm one of the admins. I think your handle over there was BCB ;)

There's very little about the V-Rod that I don't know.

BUIZILLA
02-03-2008, 12:21 PM
if you had an AW I could have helped you..

mjw930
02-03-2008, 12:27 PM
if you had an AW I could have helped you..

Sure, now that they are easy to R&R ;)

On the '04 getting them out isn't nearly as much fun as getting them back in. Those straps are a PITA to get back on.

Make sure you take the top and bottom of the airbox cover off. That means you need to remove the velocity stacks to get the lower cover off. It makes the process a whole lot easier.

BTW, I had an '03 and now have an '08 AWA (ABS).

Cuda
02-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Cuda,

Sorry I didn't see this thread until you had it figured out. If you have any more V-Rod questions ask me. You may remember me from the V-rodForums (http://www.1130cc.com), I have the same handle over there and I'm one of the admins. I think your handle over there was BCB ;)

There's very little about the V-Rod that I don't know.
You are correct. I am BCB. I haven't ridden much at all in the last year. I had my Fatgirl out once, I don't know if Debbie rode the V Rod at all last year or not. I think she did during bike week, but we didn't ride much, because we had a lot of rain the weekend we were supposed to ride.

Cuda
02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Now, the V Rod is the only toy left in my garage. I sold my bike, and sold both four wheelers.

I had to wait for a guy that works for me to come over to hold the airbox base down, so I could get a screw started. Allan finally came over, and I had the airbox on in five minutes. He left, and I finished putting it together, then took it down the road and back. I'll have to spend tomorrow getting a year's worth of dust off it, even though it's garage kept, under a bike cover.

Cuda
02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Btw, the 22 is going back in the garage, as soon as I get everything in there squared around, and somebody here to guide me on it, and in the garage.

Cuda
02-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Well, at least I got out and did something today. I rode the bike to my buddy's house in Ormond, then we rode to Destination Daytona, because he lost a key to his bike last night. Then we went to Saddle Tramps for lunch. After that, we rode to Mainstreet, then we parted ways, and I rode back to Deland. I enjoyed it, though I about froze on the way there.

Ed Donnelly
02-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Cuda; I'm afraid to ask..........How cold was it........

I take mine out every Christmas day (if roads are bare)
usually 30 35 F.

The only thing I have special on my bike is the Corbin heated seat:propeller:.............Ed

gold-n-rod
02-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, at least I got out and did something today. I rode the bike to my buddy's house in Ormond, then we rode to Destination Daytona, because he lost a key to his bike last night. Then we went to Saddle Tramps for lunch. After that, we rode to Mainstreet, then we parted ways, and I rode back to Deland. I enjoyed it, though I about froze on the way there.

Good for you, Joe. Nice to see you getting out and living life. Keep up the good work! :)

mjw930
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Cuda; I'm afraid to ask..........How cold was it........

I take mine out every Christmas day (if roads are bare)
usually 30 35 F.

The only thing I have special on my bike is the Corbin heated seat:propeller:.............Ed

It was in the high 50's when he left out, it hist the high 60's on the beach this afternoon. It was the wind that made it somewhat raw today (I know, it's all relative....)

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/wxStationGraphAll?day=10&year=2008&month=2&ID=KFLORMON12&type=3&width=500&showtemp=1&showpressure=1&showwind=1&showwinddir=1&showrain=1

Joe,

Good to see you getting out and exercising the V-Rod. You should have called, you could have stopped by and I would have ridden up to Main St. with you.

Cuda
02-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Friggin cold this morning. 42. :(