PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Minx

HallJ
02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I saw this one for sale while visiting the Fort Myers area.

The gel is faded, there is a big crack between the engine hatch and seat back. Looks like the interior was redone.The engine was stated as replaced. There was no HIN on the hull.

They were asking $14,500

Its located here:http://www.caloosaisle.com/default.asp

Jeff

chappy
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I stopped and saw this one two weeks ago while in the area. Did you happen to see the 32' Aronow Edition with twin 225's on it. A sales rep told me it was built by Mark McManus?

HallJ
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
This one?

There was a big ass Apache as well. It was under cover so I didn't get any pics.

chappy
02-01-2008, 01:18 PM
That's the one, sharp boat. I got a good look at the drives on the Apache under cover, the salesman told me it sold for
875k. Must be nice, huh?:eek:

barriebites
02-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey Jeff,
I have been talking to the broker about that Minx in Fort Meyers for a while now, and I would really appreciate any info that you could give me on this boat! I am a first time Donzi buyer, FINALLY! I think a Minx will be a good fit for me, as my better 3/4's is a little nervous in a boat scince we had a little incident in a flat bottom at about 85 mph. I'm not sure what she didn't like, or why she seems to hold a grudge for everthing that floats? Anyhow I hear that a Minx is a pretty dry ride, so I hope that will help calm her a bit, as it's allways more fun when momma's happy!!

Thanks

Larry :canada:

techspecial
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Larry,
I've had my Minx for two seasons now...You sit lower in it that other Donzi Classics I've enjoyed before. Mine is not crazy powered, 260Hp, 55MPH...I have no windshield and it's still a very dry ride. You can do just about anything crazy in it and you don't feel like you're going to be launched. My wife is a white knuckle flyer and wouldn't even think about going on a roller coaster, but I've never even come close to scaring her in some rough stuff in the Delaware and Chesapeake Bays. If you get a little crazy or take a tugboat wake a little fast it comes out of the water and ALWAYS lands stable without that feeling that the boat will break in half on you. I highly recommend it!!! You'll have an absolute BLAST!!!
Good Luck, Mike:):):)

VetteLT193
02-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Larry,
I've had my Minx for two seasons now...You sit lower in it that other Donzi Classics I've enjoyed before. Mine is not crazy powered, 260Hp, 55MPH...I have no windshield and it's still a very dry ride. You can do just about anything crazy in it and you don't feel like you're going to be launched. My wife is a white knuckle flyer and wouldn't even think about going on a roller coaster, but I've never even come close to scaring her in some rough stuff in the Delaware and Chesapeake Bays. If you get a little crazy or take a tugboat wake a little fast it comes out of the water and ALWAYS lands stable without that feeling that the boat will break in half on you. I highly recommend it!!! You'll have an absolute BLAST!!!
Good Luck, Mike:):):)

You actually sit higher than a 22 classic, but the sides (freeboard) are higher as well so you still wind up more in the boat.

A 22 your legs go mostly in front of you because you are almost on the floor. The minx you are at a more natural sitting position

chappy
02-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Hey Jeff,
I have been talking to the broker about that Minx in Fort Meyers for a while now, and I would really appreciate any info that you could give me on this boat! I am a first time Donzi buyer, FINALLY! I think a Minx will be a good fit for me, as my better 3/4's is a little nervous in a boat scince we had a little incident in a flat bottom at about 85 mph. I'm not sure what she didn't like, or why she seems to hold a grudge for everthing that floats? Anyhow I hear that a Minx is a pretty dry ride, so I hope that will help calm her a bit, as it's allways more fun when momma's happy!!
Thanks
Larry :canada:

Hi Larry,

I spent a good amount of time looking this Minx over, if you have any questions, shoot me a pm and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Rich

Tim Morris
02-05-2008, 09:36 AM
The Minx is good on Lake Simcoe. I keep mine on Couchiching,
but if I don't feel like trekking up through the locks, I'll quite often come down into Simcoe.

I come into Barrie a couple of times a season but more often, head over to Lagoon City.

You'll be quite confortable with the higher freeboard and the length as compared to an 18'.