PDA

View Full Version : OSO Blues!

MOP
02-01-2008, 06:53 AM
As many know OSO has been sold I believe to a marketing company, now if you have decent security software notice its rating has changed to high risk. I wonder if it is now a data mining site, tempted to just delete the bookmark and forget it is out there. Something STINKS!

Phil

Carl C
02-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Some sites are just too darn big. There is a lot of knowledge at OSO but no chance to get to know everyone and the posts are quickly buried. They are sweating this at Speedwake too, hoping everyone doesn't rush to that site.:alligator

mikev
02-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I used to visit it every day but got tired of it being so inpersonal. i havent met anyone on this site yet in person but feel like a know most of you better than alot of so called friends I see on a regular basis.

mjw930
02-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Heck, I remember when OSO was born, it was the first real place to go after rec.boats...... (man I'm dating myself)

I left the whole boating scene for about 4 years and when I came back the place had exploded. One thing's for sure, the quality of the posts and information ain't what it used to be.

Speedwake doesn't really seem all that much better and they have some serious performance issues. If a lot of OSO members bombard the site it could crash and burn in a hurry.

WingWing
02-02-2008, 02:58 PM
one thing that was really good about OSO is it kept all the ego-maniacs in one place. Now I am afraid we will see an exodus to other sites.:(

rustnrot
02-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Add the MIA Hotboat site to this discussion as well....

pmreed
02-03-2008, 11:27 AM
My favorite DVD forum, DVDTALK has also been taken over by Internet Brands. Haven't seen any obvious changes yet, but who knows?

Phil