PDA

View Full Version : My in-laws are smoking crack.....

Donziweasel
01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
So, Boo Boo and I were talking about making the upstairs of the shop into an apartment for Boo Boo's parents. It makes since, they are out here all the time and when we have kids, it would be nice to have someone to take care of them from time to time.

Well, the Lazy P Ranch is running over our budget. They offered to build the guest cabin. They would deed it us and if I have freinds out, they would stay somewhere else. Great! Then we got "thier" plans for the guest cabin. It is 1300 sq ft! All I wanted was a nice 600-800 sq ft like the plans I posted. I DO NOT want another house on my lot, just a quaint cabin. But, on other hand, if they are willing to spend $200,000.00......

boxy
01-31-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm probably the wrong guy to ask, the house I had before I built our current one, was beside my parent's on the river. I didn't mind, but it bothered my wife, (who was my girlfriend at the time), when she would leave for work after spending the night, and my Dad would shout hello from his second story balcony.

The in-law rule we have now is the 2 bridge rule. In-laws always must reside at least 2 bridges away :D :D

Seriously though, as long as you take a look at the site lines (your decks, their porch) it should work out fine. I know my daughters love having their Grandparents close by.

BUIZILLA
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
I TOLD ya to double it....
Add 2) 50 Amp RV plugs to the drawings please.. One on each end should work out perfect :) :) since your going to be on septic tank, place the 6" cleanout right close to the 50 amp pole please... the carport should be 14' wide and about 48' long...

Donziweasel
01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Buiz, already spoke to Poodle on the phone today and got all the specs for his motorhome since Heidi don't fly.:wink: He said 50 amps was plenty and a nice sewage and fresh water hookup is all he needs. Anything your rig needs that is not included so far?:) Now, if I build it, will you come?:eek!:

BUIZILLA
01-31-2008, 07:33 PM
my brother built a guest house for my mom on his property....

I can't for the life of me paste his house/property photo on here from google earth....arrrrggghhhhh

DonziChick
01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
The in-law rule we have now is the 2 bridge rule. In-laws always must reside at least 2 bridges away :D :D

two bridges sound reasonable. NOTHING could convince me to live that close to Tony's parents. They're both very nice people but his mom would always be dropping in.

Team Jefe
02-02-2008, 09:27 AM
...mom would always be dropping in.

I had a M-I-L problem like that once.....Not so fun.

Now Angel's and my parents live 90 minutes from us...but by coincedently close to each other....happened purley by chance. So , we can usually see both sets with a single trip.

Weasel, Jackosn Hole is "one of those places" I have to see in my life (on the bucket list I guess).....But it will have to be the smack middle of Summer.....:wink:

Donziweasel
02-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll make a deal with you Jeff, you take me fishing and I will take you fly fishing on the Snake River for cutthroat trout when you come to visit!

Team Jefe
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.....so 1,570 miles....wonder if I can talk Angel into dragging the Revenge:hyper:

Donziweasel
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Plenty of lake for it out here. If she says no, don't worry, I got ya covered with the jet boat and Donzi.

Team Jefe
02-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Man I want your avatar pic with my boat in it....and not Photoshopped.
.....A couple of DG's in Red Bikinis wouldn't hurt either.

Plus - I looked at the route and we go through Amarillo & Denver....it could be a Team Jefe World Tour:yes: