PDA

View Full Version : K-Planes: Where are the pumps mounted??

ITTLFLI
01-31-2008, 01:34 PM
For those of you that have K-planes on your 22's...where are the pumps mounted? I suppose I can put them anywhere but where did thefactory put them? Got pics?

Thanks!

gcarter
01-31-2008, 02:04 PM
As you may remember, mine were mounted on the transom. Seems the hose assemblies supplied w/the tabs were pretty short....about 2' long.
I found that my local Aeroquip dealer can supply any length I want, so I'm planning on re-mounting mine on the seat back. Compensated on the bottom pump mount for angle of course.
That would be a lot easier to reach and service.

glashole
01-31-2008, 02:18 PM
not sure if its factory or not but mine are mounted on the back of the seat (front of the engine compartment)

Mine were screwed there with some beefy screws #14 but they kept coming loose so we through bolted them with a stainless barrel bolt to keep a nice look once you remove the seat

no problems since and they are rock solid :)

catch 22
01-31-2008, 07:56 PM
not sure if its factory or not but mine are mounted on the back of the seat (front of the engine compartment)

Mine were screwed there with some beefy screws #14 but they kept coming loose so we through bolted them with a stainless barrel bolt to keep a nice look once you remove the seat

no problems since and they are rock solid :)
Byron, Hope everybody is well. Here are a few pics of where my pumps are mounted.

roadtrip se
01-31-2008, 08:20 PM
the mounts are on the floor panels above the stringers.

I would put them on the seat side panel for service checks and to get them up out of the way, Just like C-22's. My latham filter is mounted this way and through-bolted to the ****pit. No issues.

So how is the "540" or 572 or 598 or whatever it might be these days?

Run 114 octane or nothing at all....

mjw930
01-31-2008, 08:41 PM
A lot is going to depend on the year. Older 22's don't have panels glassed in between the chine and the stringer so there's nothing to mount them to there. I wouldn't mount them on the transom since you will need to trough bolt them and that makes 8 new holes in your transom. Mounting them to the rear of the ****pit with through bolts seems the best solution since the rear seat back cushion will cover up the bolts.

ITTLFLI
02-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks for all the replys! I was thinking about mounting them just like they are on catch's boat.

What sort or hardware is being used so that it is flush where the upholstry goes in the back seat? I don't want the bolts to tear my back seat!

gcarter
02-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Phillips oval head countersunk screws w/finish washers under them. Makes for a real nice unobtrusive detail.

Dr. Dan
02-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks for all the replys! I was thinking about mounting them just like they are on catch's boat.
What sort or hardware is being used so that it is flush where the upholstry goes in the back seat? I don't want the bolts to tear my back seat!

:smash:I have some hardware there and just counter sunk the Tapered Stainless Screw Heads, works great... not even a mark on the New Seat.

Doc

ITTLFLI
02-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Okay...That is how I mounted my hyd steering res. I guess they will be strong enough for the pumps! Problem solved!! Thanks!