PDA

View Full Version : Get your flu shot...

vonkamp
01-30-2008, 11:35 AM
I skipped it this year and now I'm S.A.A.D. :garfield:

RedDog
01-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Sorry you're sick. It is important to get the shot - especially if you work in a school or office environment - or fly commercially.

It is not too late to get one but it takes a couple of weeks for the vaccination to be effective.

In Knoxville, it is quick and easy to get the shot. Just walk into a participating pharmacy such as the ones in Kroger's grocery stores. 20 bucks and 10 minutes later it's done.

Tony
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Earlier this month I had a fever for 5 days, then took another 5 to recover. Sicker than I've ever been, they called it a "true influenza".

So, I got a flu shot yesterday...kind of like closing the barn doors after the cows escaped!

:beer:

Patti
01-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Hope you feel better soon! Flu shots are a good thing..i've had 'true influenza" once..it was enough to make me lay in bed for 10 days..literally!

Jamie is sick again..the 3rd time in three weeks..came home with 102 temp, sore throat and can't do much except lay on the couch..it's been a tough month!

Can't wait for Spring! till then..i'll take care of him and pump him full of tea, water, cold meds, soup and OJ...hopefully this wont be as bad as last time...

And now I sit and wait for it to hit me...........again! lol

Morgan's Cloud
01-31-2008, 06:39 AM
Like Patti , I 've only ever had the flu once (that I know of) and I thought I was dying. (It was called the 'Hong Kong flu' that year)
Have had a flu shot every year for the last 10 years and have'nt even had a cold in that period ! (Not that the jab actually prevents them but I'm not complaining.)
Definitely advise getting them if you come into contact with many people or travel by air a lot.

vonkamp
02-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. :)
Yesterday I thought I was feeling better and started on my usual routine. After about an hour, I was back in bed. Went to doc this morning and I have pneumonia. Got the scrip for Biaxin and should be better soon. :crossfing:

I guess the moral of this story is get to the doctor if you are not any better within 48 hrs of getting sick. :yes::yes: