PDA

View Full Version : New hull side decals

jg480
01-30-2008, 08:40 AM
I am looking to purchass new Donzi decals for my 87 18' classic before I have the hull sides repainted. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Jim.

chappy
01-30-2008, 09:07 AM
570 639 2628

Ask for Jamie, he got mine.

drew0982
01-30-2008, 01:43 PM
check out http://www.racelinedigital.com, i'm sure they'd be more than willing to do a custom job for you. they did the designs for my cigarette... see below:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2065685&l=05755&id=501550260

VetteLT193
01-30-2008, 03:24 PM
eBay has some cheap ones, if you aren't picky about them being exactly like stock.

LKSD
01-31-2008, 08:17 AM
570 639 2628
Ask for Jamie, he got mine.

Thanks Chappy.. :) Jim knows who I am, we have talked in the past a few times back around August/September 07..

He was interested in us doing his boat, but had gone elswhere. I dont think he wanted me to have it for the whole winter which I would have had to because of the size of the project & the others I have going on at all times (as would any busy reputabe shop).

I think he was looking to get the boat inside & out redone faster.. Like in about 2-3 months so he could drop his engine back in..

I would have been happy to do the project for him, but I didnt want to mislead him on how long it would be to get back and have bad blood between us.. As I also had not seen the boat in person, you could only tell so much by pics, although it did look like a good project.. :)

Jim how are you making out? If you need decals feel free to give me a shout if you still need them.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

BlownCrewCab
01-31-2008, 08:21 AM
I saw a set of original chrome ones on ebay a week ago for $44

Lenny
02-01-2008, 12:11 AM
I am looking to purchass new Donzi decals for my 87 18' classic before I have the hull sides repainted. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Jim.
Richard Weaver is (in my mind) your ONLY choice. If you can not reach him then go thru Bertram Boy or Scott Pearson.
I have three sets now in "storage" :rolleyes:
They are FIRST RATE and he knows what each should look like for any given year etc...
FIRST CLASS act :yes: no question :)
Expect to pay about a "clam" ... ( $100 ) for a pair. They are NICE
IF they are like my '87 LE below, you can believe that these three will somehow supply you with better than Original. If they are in a different style, no worries. Trust me . these guys "s h i t " is sooo far BEYOND what you expected ... I like this about them. :) I could care less less what they send me through the mail. I have never had any grief. I also can't think of ANYONE, in the last 8 years of me being here, that has EVER had a "quality problem" with ANYTHING that they have provided. Rest assured, you are in good hands... :yes:

YES, that is a LAKE GEORGE DONZI paddle in the background in the Pic.

Thanx, Scott ( 2 TT's) ... not the other one... :)

BUIZILLA
02-01-2008, 06:24 AM
hey.....

that wax smudge above the N...

clean that off.... NOW !!! :shark: :cool:

LKSD
02-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Richard Weaver is (in my mind) your ONLY choice. If you can not reach him then go thru Bertram Boy or Scott Pearson.
I have three sets now in "storage" :rolleyes:
They are FIRST RATE and he knows what each should look like for any given year etc...
FIRST CLASS act :yes: no question :)
Expect to pay about a "clam" ... ( $100 ) for a pair. They are NICE
IF they are like my '87 LE below, you can believe that these three will somehow supply you with better than Original. If they are in a different style, no worries. Trust me . these guys "s h i t " is sooo far BEYOND what you expected ... I like this about them. :) I could care less less what they send me through the mail. I have never had any grief. I also can't think of ANYONE, in the last 8 years of me being here, that has EVER had a "quality problem" with ANYTHING that they have provided. Rest assured, you are in good hands... :yes:
YES, that is a LAKE GEORGE DONZI paddle in the background in the Pic.
Thanx, Scott ( 2 TT's) ... not the other one... :)

JUST INCASE: Scott Pearson, Bertram boy & Richard Weaver are reading this. I have no problem with you guys nor am I questioning your worksmanship by no means... No Joke or sarcasm implied.. :)

...........THAT SAID............

ONLY CHOICE???:eek!:

Really?? :boggled:

Interesting..................

Thats fine that you want to recomend others. I really dont have a problem with that, but they are not the only ones that could provide a good quality product. I know that for a FACT..

What you are in essence saying or eluding to is that, in your mind anyone else would just peddle garbage. Including us & Donzi I guess..

My mistake... I didnt know they were the only ones that can do that or sell them.. Afterall, I mean the ones that I get directly from Donzi for people (I am direct with them, Donzi that is).. Must be bad, or the original replicas that we make out of premium materials all the way back to 64 with attention to detail for our restorations must be crap too.. Eventhough others have been thrilled with them..

Thanks again for the info and setting me as well as others straight on this subject.. :D

I will keep it in mind next time I need decals, since they are the ONLY ones that do decals. Also I will question Donzi next time I need decals for a newer classic. Incase thier decals arent being made by the ONLY guys that can do it.. I wouldnt want to use an inferior product as I would rather go directly to the ONLY people that do it......

Im done venting, Have a great weekend.. Relax & have a beer.. I have 6 hours to go before I can have mine... :)
Jamie / Lakeside

BTW: Jim is a nice guy that I happen to get along with. I spoke w/ Jim last night and told him what we could do & gave him other ideas if that didnt work for him.. It is ultimatley up to him as to what to do.. I am fine with what ever way he wants to go. It is afterall HIS boat, money & decision..

The Hedgehog
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
When I looked around Jamie was good enough to quickly respond to me. Actually, nobody else even responded to my pm's.

I went with Jamie's decals and was VERY HAPPY with them. They were exactly what I wanted. Since my boat was an older X-18, Jamie took painstaking efforts to make sure he got it right.

Jamie's were actually easier to apply than the set I had that was supposed to be the "proper set" Other than that, they were an exact match.

No slam on the other guys but I just wanted to convey a positive experience.

LKSD
02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
:cool:
When I looked around Jamie was good enough to quickly respond to me. Actually, nobody else even responded to my pm's.
I went with Jamie's decals and was VERY HAPPY with them. They were exactly what I wanted. Since my boat was an older X-18, Jamie took painstaking efforts to make sure he got it right.
Jamie's were actually easier to apply than the set I had that was supposed to be the "proper set" Other than that, they were an exact match.
No slam on the other guys but I just wanted to convey a positive experience.

Thanks....Hope to get down your way someday....Especially now that you are a little closer....Jamie

The Hedgehog
02-01-2008, 03:43 PM
:cool:
Thanks....Hope to get down your way someday....Especially now that you are a little closer....Jamie

Bring that 26 down to AOTH! I would imagine good times for all could be had.

LKSD
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Bring that 26 down to AOTH! I would imagine good times for all could be had.

Thanks Bill... If I can grab the time to come down this year I will certainly try to.. I am sure we would have a good time hanging out with you guys.. :) Jamie

jg480
02-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on were to find new decals for my resto project, after talking with Jamie last night I feel confident that he will be able to provide me with the most accurate reproduction decals at a fair price. Considering the money that I am spending on refinishing this boat I want a product that is of good quaility, will stand up to time and a merchant that will stand behind it. Thanks again everyone I really appreciate all your help.

Jim

LKSD
02-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on were to find new decals for my resto project, after talking with Jamie last night I feel confident that he will be able to provide me with the most accurate reproduction decals at a fair price. Considering the money that I am spending on refinishing this boat I want a product that is of good quaility, will stand up to time and a merchant that will stand behind it. Thanks again everyone I really appreciate all your help.

Jim

Call me whenever your ready... As always it was nice chatting with you...Jamie