PDA

View Full Version : Minx on ebay

86fxst
01-26-2008, 04:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-Donzi-Minx_W0QQitemZ330207433267QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 330207433267

Lenny
01-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Good price. :yes: That windshield throughs me off for some reason :confused:

VetteLT193
01-26-2008, 05:38 PM

That's the same shield I have. price is very good

jimishooch
01-26-2008, 05:39 PM
anybody know anything about it or seen it?

chappy
01-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm curious to see how long this ad lasts. Looks like a nice clean ride.

BUIZILLA
01-26-2008, 08:50 PM
where's Tom ?

CHACHI
01-26-2008, 09:01 PM
My '87 Minx had different decals on the hullsides, no shields. It just read DONZI Minx. I don't know if it was just on the '87's or on all of the Minx's.

Ken

Donzi Racer
01-26-2008, 10:54 PM
where's Tom ?
How did I miss this until now. I have been out highballing it in the intercoastal this afternoon. Blew my sunglasses right off my face. This Barrell Back will McFLY.
Are ya'll sure that Jim has not owned this Minx boat before? That thing looks good! Priced right also. Now how would I know there would be a minx in this kind of shape? We just bought 2 Barrel Backs in the last 30 days. 1 of them needing complete restoration. Well let's see how creative I can get. hmmm? Anybody else like this one before I go crazy? Nice boat! Mike you looking at this? What next. There is a great 22 and a minx at the same time. I could come closer to affording the minx. Got an antique auction coming up, hope we do REAL good. Tom

Donzi Racer
01-26-2008, 11:03 PM

Now now Lenny, that is one of them dangfangled I Talian windshields. That thing cost bunches of danaro. I personally like the '87 model shield better myself but if your break this one, it is much less expensive to fix or repair than that plastic '87 one. At least when I ended up with our LE Minx windshield in my lap one day when I stuffed the front end into a BIG wave, they wanted like $2200 plus make a custom box to ship the thing to us from California. And as George Carter will tell you, it does not look good without a windshield. That is one nice Minx. Not my favorite color for a minx, black being favorite, and then Navy, but it would definitely do til a LE came along. Tom

cutwater
01-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Wow. I thought this boat would have sold by now. Dual axle trailer and new SE drive. Seems like the Minx is still the best value you will find in the Classic series Donzis.

jimishooch
01-27-2008, 03:49 PM
sold........

Donzi Racer
01-27-2008, 06:03 PM
sold........

Please tell me you got this boat Jim. I made my phone call at around 4:30 pm today to someone that was wanting to buy one of my boats. Yea I know I am beyond lucky. ha ha Anyway 15 minutes later we had the 10K ready and went back to hit the button and whoosh, $9,500 sold. If you got it Jim, I will send you $500 just to step aside. You don't even have to go get it. I was on my way up there on tuesday anyway to go to Asheville. Could have picked it up on my way. I cannot believe this boat was not in California or Canada. That is where they usually are when I really like them and they are a STEAL! If you want to keep it and we can help you in any way Jim, let us know. I will be going by thee on tuesday or wednesday. If you will, keep me informed on it if you ever get ready to sell it. Tom 256-777-0844
PS Hilarious, if I did not already have 2 donzi's, I would be going crazy right now. I love it, T

BUIZILLA
01-27-2008, 06:06 PM
wasn't me...

Donzi Racer
01-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Wow. I thought this boat would have sold by now. Dual axle trailer and new SE drive. Seems like the Minx is still the best value you will find in the Classic series Donzis.

I have always thought that too, that they were priced so reasonably. They handle rough water so well also. Not as fast as the 22's but wow they seem almost bulletproof. The one I just would love to find again is the one from New Jersey that had a procharger sitting next to the engine. It would at least top 70 mph and not cost a fortune in fuel. I do know where our old 87 Limited Edition is but it has to be completely worked over. Maybe I need to go get it and quit worrying about it. hmmmmm? Tom

Donzi Racer
01-27-2008, 06:26 PM
wasn't me...

Wrong Jim, I think we smell a skunk in Texas. Just kidding other Jim. LE Jim, I am going to send you my phone # so next time you see a real nice one like this one, you can just call and save me all that time. ha ha I needed another Donzi right now like 2 more holes in my already holey head. But it was nice, Huh? Seriously Jim, thanks for thinking of me. Tom

VetteLT193
01-30-2008, 02:38 PM
My '87 Minx had different decals on the hullsides, no shields. It just read DONZI Minx. I don't know if it was just on the '87's or on all of the Minx's.

Ken

I am 99% confident this used to be a 25th anniversary boat, (gray/red).

The front buckets look like 18 seats, but I could be wrong.

It's a REALLY late build. Mine is 166 (the last known built so far), and this one is 164 with a December '87 build out date.

Someone got a hell of a deal, if you bought it, please chime in with how you like it!!!

Donzi Racer
01-30-2008, 05:58 PM

It's a REALLY late build. Mine is 166 (the last known built so far), and this one is 164 with a December '87 build out date.

Someone got a hell of a deal, if you bought it, please chime in with how you like it!!!

I could be wrong but I think "jimishooch" got it and he was a smart camper cause it flat looked like a hec fire whale of a deal. I offered the owner 10k but had to make a phone call 1st. Jim was quicker pulling the trigger than me. Got a fella looking at a '87 Minx in the same price range but mechanicals not as fresh as the red one. That was a nice one owner Boat. Seems to be some real good Donzis coming up for sale right now, and most peoples boating seasons are right around the corner, our season of course is like the hunter that said he thought they should extend hunting season an extra month, Game Warden said, well they would have to add another month to the calender cause you are hunting all 12 months a year now. ha ha Tom

MOP
01-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Major smoking deal! A gift from the Donzi Gods!

sweet 16 1966
01-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I'll bet you could sell a dozen at that price!

Donzi Racer
01-30-2008, 11:21 PM
I'll bet you could sell a dozen at that price!

I agree in that condition. These things come in spurts. A couple three years ago at the Homecoming event in Sarasota, there were like 4 of them there. This year, not a one in site. There were bunches of 22 classics though. Tom

jimishooch
02-12-2008, 01:08 PM
I could be wrong but I think "jimishooch" got it and he was a smart camper cause it flat looked like a hec fire whale of a deal. I offered the owner 10k but had to make a phone call 1st. Jim was quicker pulling the trigger than me. Got a fella looking at a '87 Minx in the same price range but mechanicals not as fresh as the red one. That was a nice one owner Boat. Seems to be some real good Donzis coming up for sale right now, and most peoples boating seasons are right around the corner, our season of course is like the hunter that said he thought they should extend hunting season an extra month, Game Warden said, well they would have to add another month to the calender cause you are hunting all 12 months a year now. ha ha Tom

did i buy a 25th anniversary minx and not know it? yes, the side hull used to be gray. how can i verify a 25th?
the minx is now in central TX, lake travis to be exact and i'm liking this boat. had a 22 classic for a couple of years and the minx takes the chop alot better even my wife noticed a smoother ride.
had some shifting problems with the shift interruptor switch not engaging but that's taken care of. new plugs, retimed the engine, set idle mix and idle she is running strong and loud.
will have to replace the plastic in the windshield. from the searches i have down it looks like i'll have to have it fabricated locally unless somebody knows something i don't. i have the stainless steel frame italian windshield.

more later
jim

jimishooch
02-12-2008, 05:15 PM

this boat was originally gray. did i buy a 25th ed and not know it? anyway to verify this?

the minx is now in central TX, lake travis to be exact. am liking this boat, better ride than my 22c. my wife even noticed a smoother ride in the chop.

VetteLT193
12-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I just saw this after a PM... sorry I didn't get back to it.

The only boats from this era that I know of being gray are the 25th boats. Another is the new seats, which have been totally changed out from stock. So, we know that the seats were not white.

So, yes, I'm confident that the boat was 25th anniversary...

you might be able to see red gel pin stripes in oddball areas, like the bottom of the seats, or the hatch area, that might have not been sprayed with the paint?

Can you post detailed pictures?

jimishooch
12-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I just saw this after a PM... sorry I didn't get back to it.

The only boats from this era that I know of being gray are the 25th boats. Another is the new seats, which have been totally changed out from stock. So, we know that the seats were not white.

So, yes, I'm confident that the boat was 25th anniversary...

you might be able to see red gel pin stripes in oddball areas, like the bottom of the seats, or the hatch area, that might have not been sprayed with the paint?

Can you post detailed pictures?

the seats were probably changed out in '95 along with the repaint. they are white aftermarket 16/18 buckets along with the 3 piece bench seat.
i will have to check the hatch area for a pinstripe.
there are a number of areas where the red paint has either chipped or rubbed off (bowstop) showing gray underneath. the HIN# was taped off for repaint and is showing gray.
too much gray on the boat for it not to be a 25th.

no pictures yet.............

thanx for the follow up

jim