PDA

View Full Version : Final House Plans, Shop and Guest Cabin...

Donziweasel
01-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Got the final plans for the house. Main changes were the garage. These plans have the deck included and the windows on the front. Shop and guest cabin in next thread.

Donziweasel
01-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Here is guest cabin and shop. The guest cabin is pretty much done, but I am changing the shop pretty drastically. Going to move the door from end to side. There will be two large doors and one smaller one for an ATV or something that size. Upstairs will be storage for now.

boxy
01-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Looks good, it looks like you increased the depth of the Island, that will make it a lot more useful.
The deck looks great, the staircase change in the garage will free up a bunch of space, is there any way you could swing a door from the deck to the garage?
Depending on where you are going to keep your tractor, (stupid question, but will you have a lawn, or is it all natural rock/vegetation) you might want to look at a small garage door at the rear of the main garage.
Have fun

Donziweasel
01-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the compliments Steve. The lawn mower will probably reside in the shop. Hopefully I will have some exterior plans of the shop and guest cabin Monday. Moving the staircase in the garage was Boo Boo's idea. Cut down 26 sq ft and freed up space. She already has a door from the mud/laundry room to the deck, but will bounce the garage door idea off her.

Man, I got alot going on. Trying to sell the business, finish the Bronco, have kids, build the Lazy P ranch, move in April to a rental house, move again in November when the project is done. Going to be a busy year for the Pearson's. Of course all that plus having fun, the usual, skiing, snowmobiling, flyfishing, going to the lake in the Donzi, hunting, and my spring Bahamas bonefishing trip. My snowmibile trip in Feb and hopefully Don Tamm will come visit before winter is out with his girlfreind and son. Oh yeah, might try and get to Alaska to visit my buddy who is the GM of Aleyska Ski Resort and do some fishing. Might happen in August. Also, trip to Mobile, AL in May. Going to try and meet up with Barry while I am there and get a ride in Yipi-Kai-Ya. Then of course there is AOTH and Powell. Hmmm..... damn I need more time!:smash::eek!::wink: Sometimes I think I am losing my mind!:doh:

boxy
01-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Going to be a busy year for the Pearson's. Of course all that plus having fun, the usual, skiing, snowmobiling, flyfishing, going to the lake in the Donzi, hunting, and my spring Bahamas bonefishing trip. My snowmibile trip in Feb and hopefully Don Tamm will come visit before winter is out with his girlfreind and son. Oh yeah, might try and get to Alaska to visit my buddy who is the GM of Aleyska Ski Resort and do some fishing.

Bonefishing in the Bahamas
Ski Aleyska
Ski Jackson Hole

That would be 3 more checks on the life list for me .... :D :D

Tony
01-26-2008, 11:14 PM
I used to be a chimney sweep, during the early 80's when a lot of people switched to wood-burning for heat. We've come a long way since then...but be sure to pay careful attention to this feature of your new home.

Make sure your fireplace units have flues that are good-quality stainless, correctly-sized, and professionally installed. If the flue is well-insulated, the gases stay warm enough so that creosote will not form. You might get a slight build-up where the flue exits the roof, but that is usually no danger and/or easily brushed once a year.

Also, be sure your fireplaces actually produce heat. Most units are a net heat loss since they're using air that your furnace has already heated for combustion, and sending it ip and out of your chimney. A better unit will allow you to use outside air for combustion, which also keeps your house equally pressurized.

If you're gonna burn wood, even once in a while or for fun, you might as well gain some heat from it!

:beer: