PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control

MOP
01-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Subject: Firearms Refresher Course

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12 The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS "REFRESHER" ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist

" IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !

BlownCrewCab
01-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Amen, I Think I'm Gonna Go Outside right now and Shoot some stuff. Then I'll stick an arrow through it!!!!:smash:

Patti
01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gatsby6306/Smileys/thumbsupsmileyanim.gif http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gatsby6306/Smileys/thumbsupsmileyanim.gif http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gatsby6306/Smileys/thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Formula Jr
01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Back to Cut and Paste what even is in our email now again, are we Phil?

A Google search of "Firearms Refresher Course", makes this not very original.

Somewhere the false Jefferson quote was added. Jefferson never said that...there is no historical basis for it.

I may agree with the tone of the post, but we shouldn't be creating alternative history on the web. It makes the children stupid.

Since you did post this, here is your task, go and find that quote from Jefferson, and cite where it came from.

hardcrab
01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, and name each of those 64.999,987 firearms owners

:doh: :wink:

:popcorn:

p729lws
01-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Back to Cut and Paste what even is in our email now again, are we Phil?

Someone has their swerve on! Hey Cuda, how do you spell swerve???

Dan

Patti
01-19-2008, 06:59 PM
And Genth owned Donzi in the 80's didn't he? :rolleyes:

*waiting for the negative rep power" :p

Gearhead99
01-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Gun Control=="Using both hands"

Donzi5150
02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, and name each of those 64.999,987 firearms owners

:doh: :wink:

:popcorn:

I'll make this question a little easier.....I own a bunch of guns so that makes 64,999,986 you have to name:smash:.

gcarter
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I have a WHOLE BUNCH of guns right now because my brother-in-law is in between houses......normally just one.

Carl C
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
OK, take out the Jefferson "quote", #13 (there are people killed by guns everyday only they don't own them legally) and #17 (when I was mugged a couple months ago I had a whole sh itload of cops and EMS here with sirens blaring within a couple minutes of calling 911). The rest I agree with wholeheartedly. :uzi:

mjw930
02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I know it's probably just an urban legend and that this "quote" was also circulated back in the Vietnam era but I don't care, it makes me smile...;

Katie Kouric asked a Marine sniper....
...."What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
http://www.antimedia.us/files/sniper.jpeg
The sniper, somewhat mystified, replied matter-of-factly, "Recoil, ma'am."

RedDog
02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
This is a timely post! Congratulations are in order. My handgun carry permit came in the mail today. I'm packin' as I type.

MOP
02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Qoutes no Qoutes and BS aside the one remaining fact that can be stated with absolute conviction is "Take our guns away and only the criminals and possibly and off track Government will take us down in short fashion "Liberals be Damned you will get us killed one way or another!

Phil

cutwater
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
This is a timely post! Congratulations are in order. My handgun carry permit came in the mail today. I'm packin' as I type.

Tim, where did you take the coursework? I was supposed to go to CoalCreek and get it out of the way two weekends ago, but the class is from 11am to 7pm. Pretty much takes up the whole Saturday.

zelatore
02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
"Liberals be Damned you will get us killed one way or another!
Phil

Liberals be Damned, huh? Gee - most people would classify me as a liberal, yet I've got 2 hand guns and 2 long guns in the house now and no desire to see any more 'gun control' laws.

I'll go back to my Damned ways now...

(Of course, I think of myself more as a libertarian, but say that and people just think you're a freak)

RedDog
02-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Tim, where did you take the coursework? I was supposed to go to CoalCreek and get it out of the way two weekends ago, but the class is from 11am to 7pm. Pretty much takes up the whole Saturday.

WD Sporting on Alcoa Hwy. The class was actually held at Volunteer Rifle and Pistol Club in north Knoxville. Class was 8 AM to 4 PM. I think the course mandated by TN is a required 8 hours. I took the course 12/15, submitted application/fingerprints 12/18, and received permit 2/1.

I'll be out at Coal Creek Tuesday picking up a surprise that I ordered today from Brazos Custom Gunworks that I haven''t told Donzi Deb about. Ya know, I might could work it so she never knows :wink:

RedDog
02-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Depends.. We can be close mouthed @ AOTH, or can we?? What ya got to barter with?? :D :D
Hummmm...
how about the pointy end of the surprise I'm picking up? :uzi: