PDA

View Full Version : Big Brodies

The Hedgehog
01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Brodix heads!

I heard that these go great in a big blown 540.

ky-donzi
01-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Good looking set! Have you bought them? If not check out the eldebrock marine heads. I was going to go with the brodix heads on my 70' vette but there wasn't enough clearence for the outboard head bolts. They are longer on the brodix heads, anyway I went with the rect. port marine heads from eldebrock and had them set up (springs shimed, pocket ported, ect.) then flowed at a real good head shop here. The guy told me that they flowed as good as Brodix. They were a real good addition to my car.

The Hedgehog
01-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Good looking set! Have you bought them? If not check out the eldebrock marine heads. I was going to go with the brodix heads on my 70' vette but there wasn't enough clearence for the outboard head bolts. They are longer on the brodix heads, anyway I went with the rect. port marine heads from eldebrock and had them set up (springs shimed, pocket ported, ect.) then flowed at a real good head shop here. The guy told me that they flowed as good as Brodix. They were a real good addition to my car.

Those are mine.

I would not mind seeing a pic of that vette. You got me e-mail address right.

ky-donzi
01-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Still work in progress. Got to do interor next. Lot of money goes into the interior and not a lot of results. (money spent doesn't equal the satifaction) I've got new paint, engine, drivetrain, brakes.

The Hedgehog
01-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Still work in progress. Got to do interor next. Lot of money goes into the interior and not a lot of results. (money spent doesn't equal the satifaction) I've got new paint, engine, drivetrain, brakes.

Nice, I am dying to do a vette project. I like the 70.

What kind of hardware do you have under the hood? Drivetrain?

ky-donzi
01-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Drivetrain is rebuilt stock except for a zoom clutch, lakewood blowproff bellhousing. Trans is a M21 4 speed. 3:36 in the rear and fact posi.

Engine is blanc & blue 468 BBC with eldelbrock aluminum rect port heads, ceaned up and flowed, TRW domes, with the heads yield about 10.5:1, L-88 intake and functing L-88 cold air hood, roller rocker, hyd cam (forgot the numbers) split duration. 620 ish lift...... forgot exactly tho. Mallory igintion system, headman cermainc coat headers.

fun to drive, gets alot of looks,

Is it fast????? not really.......

Does it put on a show.... yea ....its bark is alot louder than it bite.... spins a lottttttt

p729lws
01-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Gotta like a chrome bumpered 'vette:cool:

Dan

The Hedgehog
01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Drivetrain is rebuilt stock except for a zoom clutch, lakewood blowproff bellhousing. Trans is a M21 4 speed. 3:36 in the rear and fact posi.

Engine is blanc & blue 468 BBC with eldelbrock aluminum rect port heads, ceaned up and flowed, TRW domes, with the heads yield about 10.5:1, L-88 intake and functing L-88 cold air hood, roller rocker, hyd cam (forgot the numbers) split duration. 620 ish lift...... forgot exactly tho. Mallory igintion system, headman cermainc coat headers.

fun to drive, gets alot of looks,

Is it fast????? not really.......

Does it put on a show.... yea ....its bark is alot louder than it bite.... spins a lottttttt

Nice. That is very similar to what I want to do with one.

I had a 72 for a while.

ITTLFLI
01-23-2008, 02:19 PM
We put a set of the brodies on my brothers blown 502...teased it w/ 4lbs of boost and yielded 746hp at crank. We stopped the dyno pulls at 6000rpm. I bet it would have made even more power if we had zinged it up there but we had plenty of power already!
Have fun with them!
I like vettes too!

The Hedgehog
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
We put a set of the brodies on my brothers blown 502...teased it w/ 4lbs of boost and yielded 746hp at crank. We stopped the dyno pulls at 6000rpm. I bet it would have made even more power if we had zinged it up there but we had plenty of power already!
Have fun with them!
I like vettes too!

That is a hot combo. What is he puttng it in?

I am thinking it will go good with about 8 lbs and a 540.

ITTLFLI
01-24-2008, 07:30 AM
That is a hot combo. What is he puttng it in?
I am thinking it will go good with about 8 lbs and a 540.

It was in his 28 foot single engine checkmate the past 2 years. It is going into his 25 foot Powerplay this year! We plan on turning it up to 7-8lbs this year!:shocking:

What pistons are you running in the 540(comp ratio)?

smokediver
01-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Big green , my friend down here is running a "mildly blown" 540 down here in a 27zx stepped hull .. he is in the low 80's now turning a bravo1 prop .. i think it is a 32 pitch ... i am sure yours is gonna be outrageous !

The Hedgehog
01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
It was in his 28 foot single engine checkmate the past 2 years. It is going into his 25 foot Powerplay this year! We plan on turning it up to 7-8lbs this year!:shocking:
What pistons are you running in the 540(comp ratio)?

JE Blower pistons. Trying to get around 8.9 to 1.

That Powerplay should be crazy. How fast are you wanting to go?

The Hedgehog
01-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Big green , my friend down here is running a "mildly blown" 540 down here in a 27zx stepped hull .. he is in the low 80's now turning a bravo1 prop .. i think it is a 32 pitch ... i am sure yours is gonna be outrageous !

I am not sure how it will work out. I have heard that the boat is good to go to 95 and I have heard that it is out of control at 92. Rumor has it that Donzi has taken the hull to 105 but it was not pretty.

I will be getting some big tabs and good steering. I just want to run 85 easily and be able to squeeze it every once and a while for those special occasions.

I would love to see some pics of the 27ZX.

ITTLFLI
01-24-2008, 11:12 AM
JE Blower pistons. Trying to get around 8.9 to 1.
That Powerplay should be crazy. How fast are you wanting to go?

I will make sure his Powerplay is just a tick slower than my 22:wink: :crossfing:

The Hedgehog
01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I will make sure his Powerplay is just a tick slower than my 22:wink: :crossfing:

Really. That is pretty big. What are you running in the 22?

ITTLFLI
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Really. That is pretty big. What are you running in the 22?

N/A 540

His will probably be faster

The Hedgehog
01-24-2008, 12:44 PM
N/A 540
His will probably be faster

That is pretty hot. Are you done with it?

Conquistador_del_mar
01-25-2008, 01:32 PM

It is great to see some modified Vettes. Here is my 1980 that I heavily modified with custom front and rear end fiberglass bumpers, 383 stroker, Hooker headers and sidepipes, March billet surpentine belt driven accessories, custom turbo hood to clear the Holley double snorkle breather, 3.55 rear end, 700R4 overdrive tranny, mirrored t-tops, Boss 18" wheels, etc. It really came alive when I installed a Voodoo cam about a month ago. It is a fun and radical ride. I did all the work including painting it Electron Blue. Bill