PDA

View Full Version : Hornet

Eugene Nahemow
01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before.

http://www.independentmarine.com/media/photos/CurrentBoatPics/PreOwned/Donzi.jpg

http://www.independentmarine.com/used_boats.html

zelatore
01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Nice. But $49K nice? :eek!:

LKSD
01-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Who knows.. Could be.. To redo one & repower it would cost more than that if its being done right.. Basing price on that it could be a good handshake.. I would get a different trailer under it though if I were them.. The VIP trailer under a Donzi, is like putting a set of pep boys tires on a Ferrari. :smash: :) Jamie

DON N.
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
I Saw This Boat In The Winnie Poker Run . Very Nice !

zelatore
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
It is a really sharp looking boat (and yeah, they need a real trailer under it!). Wish they had more pics.

Heck, I'd like to have it. Maybe even more than my 22C.

I wonder what sort of performance they get with that powerplant?

Still, I bet the number of people willing to shell out that kind of money for a '79 is pretty slim. If it was older, say '69, it would play better as a 'classic' boat. Maybe it's just my age since that's when I was growing up, but '79 just sounds like an old boat. Not old enough to be a classic and not new enough to be modern.

Again, not to take anything away from it - I'd be glad to trade them straight across for my '01 22... :wink:

BUIZILLA
01-18-2008, 12:12 PM
anything 25 years back or more is a classic to me.... heck, you can get antique tags for cars at 25 years back...

MR MAGOO
01-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I've seen this boat up close at Independent Marine, it's a real gem. Extremely clean and done right. It's like a brand new Hornet.

Yeah, he's asking the stars and the moon but when a run of the mill 18 2+3 is fetching 45k, it's really not that unrealistic.

Kurt

boatnut
01-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I would get a different trailer under it though if I were them.. The VIP trailer under a Donzi, is like putting a set of pep boys tires on a Ferrari. :smash: :) Jamie
Wow, I usually agree with your advice/comments but where are you coming from on this?? Is it an aluminum fetish? The Randall VIP trailers are very well built steel trailers -- this particular one might need some TLC however.
Ed

LKSD
01-20-2008, 12:00 PM
My bad... I looked fast at it & assumed that being that the trailer was in need of tlc that it was a VIP boat line trailer that was under it reather than VIP Mfg.. ;)

Still in all they should either fix it up or replace it. The boat looks nice & the trailer looks like hell compared to the boat.. It isnt really an aluminum vs steel thing.. :) Jamie

zelatore
01-20-2008, 03:41 PM
My thoughts as well - I can't speak to the trailer's quality, only that in the pics it's a beater compared to the boat.