PDA

View Full Version : Who would buy this to support the site ??? ...

Lenny
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
PROP COVERS

I will have them made if there is ENOUGH interest. A portion of the money will pay for the month to month to run this place.

Here is what I recently bought, and it got me to thinking, why do WE not have these. They would ONLY be available in white nylon with the blue Original insignia. (right hand twist as per insignia, sorry old Volvo folks. :D ) Too many colours creates too many problems. I think it would be a great way to hide the stainless from prying eyes AND look GREAT at a stoplight.

Your thoughts ?

As below, but like this http://www.donzi.net/photos/Donziracingteamtomron05.jpg

mjw930
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
I would buy one to help out the site in a heart beat (or a New York minute, as my wife would say).

BTW, I assume that logo is from one of the defunct Donzi companies and the current owners don't have it trademarked? If not, you are likely to get in trouble with the trademark department at Donzi.

Lenny
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
I would buy one to help out the site in a heart beat (or a New York minute, as my wife would say).

BTW, I assume that logo is from one of the defunct Donzi companies and the current owners don't have it trademarked? If not, you are likely to get in trouble with the trademark department at Donzi.

Scot Van Alstine (site Owner) has the permission to do whatever he likes, (within reason and in good taste) to keep the dream alive in regards to DONZI and trademarks.

:D

osur866
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
the idea, I'd be in for 1. Steve

BUIZILLA
01-16-2008, 06:55 AM
+1 :cool:

RedDog
01-16-2008, 07:01 AM
+1

how much?

glashole
01-16-2008, 07:36 AM
can you make one for the blackhawk?? :)

Tim Morris
01-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Count me in.

ITTLFLI
01-16-2008, 08:55 AM
I'd buy one!

waxman
01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I'll take one

justleft
01-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Count me for 1

Rootsy
01-16-2008, 12:03 PM
But Donzi does not own the rights to the prop logo... only the words Donzi Marine I do believe... Just saying... :wink: Not that Scot doesn't have permission to use it... :)

Team Jefe
01-16-2008, 12:23 PM
"Hey I'll take 1"...."Count me in for one"....

One, One??? Come on...Cowboy up ladies!

2 Baby, I need TWO !:)

waxman
01-16-2008, 02:17 PM
COWBOY UP.....?
do you think the folks up north will understand.:us-texas:

being kind of new to this....aren't prop covers just for i/o's ? haha

thriller
01-16-2008, 02:37 PM
I'll take one if it covers a pair of 31's:confused:

MM

vonkamp
01-16-2008, 02:38 PM
+1

Also, when the Donzi.net decals get done, I'll buy some...

Lenny
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
It appears we have "interest". I am thinking of a run of 50. I believe they will sell in short time.

...cool...

:)

Now I will come back with a price in short order. :)

harbormaster
01-16-2008, 03:54 PM
I will Buy one...

Ed Donnelly
01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll take 1 .............Also,

I don't think we will have any trouble with Donzi Racing,as,
we could ask Alec Donzi the Author for permission to use HIS name:eek!::eek!:..................Ed

mjw930
01-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Scot Van Alstine (site Owner) has the permission to do whatever he likes, (within reason and in good taste) to keep the dream alive in regards to DONZI and trademarks.

:D

Cool.

I was just bringing it up because I've had to deal with trademark issues with Harley and Porsche in the past. Sometimes they just don't get the fact that a well run dedicated fan site does a whole lot more good than bad. OTOH, they are constantly dealing with offshore knockoffs and that sours them when the real deal comes along.

Now, since I usually take my prop off after every run I suppose I'll only be using mine to and from the ramp. Just make sure it's tight enough to not fly off @ highway speeds ;)

boxy
01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
I'd be intersetd in 1 Lenny.

catch 22
01-17-2008, 07:14 PM
I need 2:thumbsup::thumbsup:

gero1
01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
with glasshole, will it fit a black hawk? if so i need one

BUIZILLA
01-18-2008, 07:12 AM
I'll take one if it covers a pair of 31's:confused: MM just get a training bra... :doh:

Tim Morris
01-18-2008, 10:28 AM
...and now Poodled!

Ed Donnelly
01-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Lenny;

Donzi.net on the bottom???????????????.............Ed

Lenny
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Not a bad idea Ed...

It will take a bit to get these sourced and affordable and stuff. Leave it with me :)

Lenny
01-22-2008, 12:02 PM
These are the ones I am buying. They seem to be the HEAVYEST version (of about 4 manufacturers) I have seen. They also double as a tote to carry these props with you on travel or in the boat.

I am now sourcing the insignia and printing as these covers are only available FINISHED, so pre-printing the face prior to manufacture is not available. :(

Sorry to the BH guys, the covers that work for them seem cheezy to me... http://www.propgear.com/products.htm

slapshot11
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll take 1. :yes:

Team Jefe
01-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I case my derailed comments got lost in teh shuffle......Lenny I'll take two:)

Last Tango
01-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Count me in for 1, Lenny.

Lenny
01-27-2008, 10:36 AM
OK, I have a couple samples (the real ones) in black BUT have run into a small problem. These are three layers THICK (and one layer of felt) in construction. Which is great, BUT.

I can't get a silk screener to tackle it because of the design as they cannot get "into" the bag properly for support nor can they position the graphic perfectly due to the movement of 4 layers of product.
As an embroidery attempt, the folks (that I tried) cannot get a "hoop" to stay in place, (and we turn it inside out) for mounting on the machine. The material is too thick and "slippery".
As a heat transfer option we cannot get the platten onto the inside of the bag for pressing.

Next idea is a large embroidered "crest" and afix it to the radius. That is where I am now. Remember, I am trying to keep these "cheap". Starting point (without printing) is $40.00 plus shipping and handling. These are nice :yes:

Stay tuned as we try and work out the printing thing. If I could speak Chinese, and knew which town these came from, and could start from scratch in the same factory, and just add the screening on a piece of fabric and THEN stitch it together it would be a different story.

I have engaged Dr. Dan as well now as he has connections in this field.

Stay tuned :)

P.S. the bag also has a sewn in pocket for a propnut and/or wrench. Pretty cool.

Dr. Dan
01-30-2008, 02:03 AM
OK, I have a couple samples (the real ones) in black BUT have run into a small problem. These are three layers THICK (and one layer of felt) in construction. Which is great, BUT.
I can't get a silk screener to tackle it because of the design as they cannot get "into" the bag properly for support nor can they position the graphic perfectly due to the movement of 4 layers of product.
As an embroidery attempt, the folks (that I tried) cannot get a "hoop" to stay in place, (and we turn it inside out) for mounting on the machine. The material is too thick and "slippery".
As a heat transfer option we cannot get the platten onto the inside of the bag for pressing.
Next idea is a large embroidered "crest" and afix it to the radius. That is where I am now. Remember, I am trying to keep these "cheap". Starting point (without printing) is $40.00 plus shipping and handling. These are nice :yes:
Stay tuned as we try and work out the printing thing. If I could speak Chinese, and knew which town these came from, and could start from scratch in the same factory, and just add the screening on a piece of fabric and THEN stitch it together it would be a different story.
I have engaged Dr. Dan as well now as he has connections in this field.
Stay tuned :)
P.S. the bag also has a sewn in pocket for a propnut and/or wrench. Pretty cool.

Stay Tuned..my shop is ready to put out a hit on me....she is working on it... should know something shortly.

Doc of Imperial Creativity & Random Fashion Design :smash:

osur866
11-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Lenny- did this idea ever grow legs or did I miss out on getting one? Steve

Lenny
11-16-2008, 06:24 PM
No legs for the Insignia... :(

We needed to get the artwork done BEFORE they were stitched. Doc has it in hand but he has been busy...

osur866
11-17-2008, 06:24 AM
I fully understand thanks Steve