PDA

View Full Version : New 2009 F-150

roadtrip se
01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-ford-f-150-1/577007/

I like it. Small diesel on the way too...

roadtrip se
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-dodge-ram-1/
More proof that a pickup doesn't have to be ugly.

Chrysler ran a bunch of longhorns down the middle of downtown to introduce this truck. It was fascinating seeing a bull try to mount a steer in the background on the local Sunday news!

Only open this link below, if you are morbidly curious...

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-dodge-ram-live-reveal/579371/

Lenny
01-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I LOVE the 08 F-350's. LOVE 'em. They look so nice.

These do not look bad either. Unfortunately I enjoy the looks of the Dodge better. :( ...

BUIZILLA
01-15-2008, 07:21 AM
hmmmm....

interesting

very interesting... :cool:

undertaker
01-15-2008, 09:12 AM
It is still a FORD!!!!!!:hangum::hangum::tongue::tongue:

gcarter
01-15-2008, 10:40 AM
It is still a FORD!!!!!!:hangum::hangum::tongue::tongue:
Narrowminded!!! :wink::wink:

Donziweasel
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I love the idea of the small diesel. As some of you know, I was in Costa Rica in November and all the small and mid-sized suv's has turbo diesels. I personally had a Nissan X-Terra with one. It was peppy, strong, quiet, and very little turbo lag. I can not understand why the Big Three have never offered a small turbo diesel in the Expedition/F-150 or Yukon/Avalanche/1500 series or Durango/1500 Dodge. Great gas mileage, power, reliability. I really hope they get it out before the new F-150/Expedition comes out as my wife would love one in her new Expedition.

zelatore
01-15-2008, 10:24 PM
About time...

I'll be watching to see how they meaure up once they get out into the 'wild'. Just today I was towing with my '05 Ram and thinking 'I wonder when the new F150 will be available...'

Moot point, really, as I'm pretty much tapped for the immediate future anyway. :(

roadtrip se
01-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I love the idea of the small diesel. As some of you know, I was in Costa Rica in November and all the small and mid-sized suv's has turbo diesels. I personally had a Nissan X-Terra with one. It was peppy, strong, quiet, and very little turbo lag. I can not understand why the Big Three have never offered a small turbo diesel in the Expedition/F-150 or Yukon/Avalanche/1500 series or Durango/1500 Dodge. Great gas mileage, power, reliability. I really hope they get it out before the new F-150/Expedition comes out as my wife would love one in her new Expedition.

Exactly my thoughts...

Jill really likes her Jetta TDI.

I really like my Excursion, our second one, but I don't expect it to last forever. 20MPG on the highway for this behemoth.
So we are a diesel family.

I have had a pickup, but really didn't like driving it. I like the utility of a big SUV better. So I am waiting to see offers from our friends at Ford and GM.

As for the Hybrid big truck offers, please give me a break.
Although, I do like the idea of a Prius getting tail-gated in a California HOV lane by a Sierra!

zelatore
01-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Although, I do like the idea of a Prius getting tail-gated in a California HOV lane by a Sierra!

Been there - done that. Only it was the Ram instead of a Sierra. Why does it always seem Prius drives are oblivious to all other traffic around (behind) them? :nilly:

One day I swear I'm going to follow one of them up to a stop, get out and walk over to their car and rip off the mirrors, telling them 'hey, obviously you never use these things, so I thought I'd do you a favor and remove them so you can get better milage...'

OK, I know I'll never do it, but it's fun to think about while bottled up behind them. :boggled:

Back on topic - I didn't see any powertrain specs on the Ford site. That's the one thing that kept me from buying a new Ford the last time - lack of power compared to the compititon. Hopefully they've recitfied that for the new truck. And the diesel also seems like an 'about time' option. Heck, I'm even intersted in how the turbo gas motor does. Until I got my current BMW I was no big fan of turbos, but you honestly can't tell this thing is preasurised. All you feel is tons of torque at all RPM. And that sounds like a good recipe for a truck motor.

BUIZILLA
01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
can you Ford fans esplain to me why they don't offer 4.10 gears in an F150 4wd??? 18" and 20" tires with 3.55's and 3.73's??? WTH is wrong with them?? no wonder they are doggy...

zelatore
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
can you Ford fans esplain to me why they don't offer 4.10 gears in an F150 4wd??? 18" and 20" tires with 3.55's and 3.73's??? WTH is wrong with them?? no wonder they are doggy...

No. No I can't.

All I can guess is it's a milage thing?

Ed Donnelly
01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Buiz; The milage sucks big time in my 06 150..
Hate to think what it would be like with 410's..............Ed

BUIZILLA
01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
is your's a natural aspirated 4WD ???

Ed Donnelly
01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Ford F150 Harley Davidson AWD.................Ed