PDA

View Full Version : Staying busy a little

Cuda
01-14-2008, 06:47 AM
I signed up on the internet for a kind of yellow pages on the net, called Service Magic, where they send you leads for work (which you have to pay for), and I got three leads in three days. I just finished one today, I'm pretty sure I got the other one, and the third one, the lady sounds like a whack job, so I don't know if I even want that one. It's for tub and counter refinishing, so I can stay a little busy between tile jobs.

Here's some pictures of the one I finished yesterday. Too bad it took two more days than I thought. I had to strip the old finish off the tub, which took two days, when I figured we'd have the whole thing done in one day. The first picture shows where it was peeling from the last refinish it had, so I figured it would all come off that easy. No such luck, it took two days to strip it. My parents came over Saturday, and are staying until today, I felt bad having to work yesterday, and Sunday.

The first picture shows the finish peeling. The others show stripping the tub, and then the finished product.

mikev
01-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow that tub looks awsome after you got done with it. Glad to see your keeping busy thats the best thing you can do right now and I am still praying for you everyday.

glashole
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
looks really good

is that like a 2 part epoxy type paint or how does it work? :confused:

BUIZILLA
01-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Cuda... think boat trailer's.... :wink:

Marlin275
01-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I used Service Magic for a wall job last year.
Found a good handyman and then worked with him directly.
Good deal !

Cuda
01-14-2008, 05:19 PM
I used Service Magic for a wall job last year.
Found a good handyman and then worked with him directly.
Good deal !

Cuda... think boat trailer's.... :wink:
I have. I think this stuff is tougher than powdercoat, but the prep on a used trailer would be a bear.

Cuda
01-14-2008, 05:30 PM
looks really good

is that like a 2 part epoxy type paint or how does it work? :confused:
It's two different coats, though you do one right after the other.

Primer:

XL Aerospace Primer Resin / Catalyst
A two component, 1:1 ratio polyamide cured epoxy primer with three Silanes blended into the catalyst. Used in the aerospace industry.

Topcoat:

A high solids sprayable 2 component aliphatic acrylic urethane used as a finishing coat for porcelain, fiberglass, ceramic or any industrial use.

You can get the topcoat in almost any color.

Uncle Fester
01-14-2008, 06:54 PM
If you get bored and want a free plane ticket to WA your welcome to do my downstairs tub for room and board and plane tickets..... beer is extra tho :smash:

MOP
01-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey Joe are you going to swerve to WA?:beer:

Cuda
01-15-2008, 05:29 AM
Will it stick to aluminum??
I'm almost positive it will. I've got to call them today for an order, and I'll ask.

Lenny
01-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Go for a plane ride Joe. Take abreak. Do some work and enjoy Seattle for a bit. I am about 70 miles north of that. I could come down and hang for a bit. DEFINATELY tip a couple. Better yet, hop on the Fast Cat ( Clipper Navigation) http://www.clippervacations.com/ in Seattle, its downtown on the water, and have a few on it, then 2 hours later land in our harbour ( Victoria, B.C. Canada) and I'll take you out on the LE18 and tour local sites and we'll tip some more. :D Call me if you are interested...250-474-4005 :)

Give it some thought. :)

Dress warm for a boat ride tho. :yes: 40 degree F water. It gets "cool" to say the least.