PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming snowfall.....

Donziweasel
01-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I can't remember that last time I just took a day off and laid around the house. Man it is nice. I do want to let eveyone know that in the 14 years I haved lived here since moving from Atlanta, I can not remember a snow year like this one. I have seen the sun 4 times since December 1st. The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has had 272 inches of snow so far this year!!!!!!! Went snowmobiling yesterday with Boo Boo and it was neck deep. You had to be WOT even in the flats just to move. The skiing has also be fantastic. Chest deep evey day. Hell, Jackson has gotten over 60 inches in just the last week alone. Our average for right now is about 130 inches (our yearly average is 420). If anyone has not made plans to ski this year, you might want to reconsider. This is truley the BIG one and if it keeps up, it will be the all time Jackson record dating back to 1875. I do not see any reason we won't hit 600 inches at this rate.

Grand Targhee, our other resort on the West side of the Tetons is already well over 300 on top. They only post measurements at mid-mountain, but I know the GM and he said they were well over 300 on top. To put some of this in perspective, Vail averages 250 inches a year! Sun Valley, 195. Forecast for the next 10 days- snow and snow showers (it was snow showers yesterday and the resort pickup up 9). Don, you ready for it?

Chappy, I really could use that 454 snowblower!