PDA

View Full Version : Nada ????????

SilverBack
01-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Has anyone else out there noticed how far off some of our boats are on NADA value from reality? Has anyone had any problem with banks because of it? What did you do to work around it?

I have been looking at used boats lately and I have been amazed how far off the values have been!!

On a different note I bought a brand new 2007 25' Aluminum I beam trailer with LED lights and surge breaks that pulled like a dream and loaded like a dream for $2850. The NADA was over $6,000. Go figure???

chappy
01-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Have you got a number for that trailer place?:pimp:

SilverBack
01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Ok...If you don't want to talk about the travesty of poor value recognition by NADA then I guess we can talk about trailers.

The name of the place is ACE trailers and Poodle you should know that they are out of FL. I run in fresh water only but the guy even included a fancy thing that you hook your garden hose up to and it flushes your brakes and hubs (I guess that is what it is for).

This is the best trailer I have ever owned and I am not just talking about boat trailers. It bulls great even with the 23' Ragazza being pulled by my Nissan it pulled great. It was the easiest trailer that I have ever loaded a boat on too. My trailer got smashed by some huge trees falling on my boat but when I ever get a new one I would not even think of getting one anywhere else.

Tell him Keith Jordan from Mississippi told you to call. I guess he will still remember me. He has the nicest dad too. I bought my Ragazza out of St. Pete and he built the trailer and his dad went there inspected and loaded the boat and brought it to me in MS while I was offshore. I had one little problem with MS law about a side marker light but he corrected it and I have been very pleased. (Make sure of your local laws)

He sells these trailer on ebay too and sometimes you can get a couple hundred off by buying it off of there.

I have never met the guy but I dealt with him over the phone and he makes a great trailer!! I was offshore when he built my trailer and his dad delivered my boat! I got home and there it was. That thing is the Donzi of boat trailers!

CONTACT TERRY MOYER WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU CAN ALWAYS REACH HIM BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00AM AND 8:00PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME ON HIS CELL#813-610-5494, BUSINESS#813-831-8918 OR EMAIL TO MOYERTERRY@AOL.COM. THANK YOU. (PLEASE SPEAK TO TERRY MOYER ONLY)

SilverBack
01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Here are some pictures before my trailer and boat got crushed!

That first picture is off of his website but it is exactly how my trailer looked. I never ran those pvc things on the side.
The 2nd and 4th are in FL after Mr. Moyer picked up my boat.

Let me know if you buy a trailer!!

chappy
01-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Sorry about the hijack. It's just that the price mentioned for a trailer of that caliber is attractive. Your right, NADA pricing can be both over or under some real values of whatever we're looking to buy or sell. I always go by the rule I learned on this site, a boat is worth what the seller is willing to accept, and what the buyer is willing to offer, anything other than that is speculation. I've seen this with car sales. Ever see a salesman haggle down customers over trade in values. They tell him what the NADA value is for the vehicle, and he promptly tells them to have NADA sell it, then gives them less. The next day, he might use the NADA value as a reference point to sell the same car. It's all in the sales pitch. It's all business.
However, at the end of the day, if the asking price of that Critter in CA was similar to the listed NADA value, we'd all be in line.:nilly:

SilverBack
01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I think that my trailer was a great value. I see people paying a lot more for steel trailers and that trailer did load and pull great.

I understand the games that people play with the NADA thing but I was really talking more about the banking side of it. After the company that owned these trees that crushed my boat, shop, trailer and 4 wheeler decided that they would let a judge decide how much they owe me, I had to get quotes on things and estimates and the only thing that was way off value was the boat. It is like they are treating a 66 Corvette like a 66 bel-air. I am not saying that a Ragazza is like a Corvette but it is worth a hell of a lot more than NADA says that it is worth. I had just put a brand new from mercury alpha, new interior, and new cabin interior that only had 4 hours on it. Yes 4 hours. The motor only had 45 hours on it. And that is just the for starters. Someone is going to get a great deal on some stuff when this is all over. The problem is that everyone wants to go off of NADA. I could file on my boat and home owners insurance but they use NADA. And after the give me the few thousand for the boat they would want to take the boat “for salvage” that I JUST spent far more than they would give me for it.

Then I decide that I am not going to set around and be without a boat. So I decide to go get me another boat and WHAM. When you try to finance one of these older classic boats they look at what.... NADA. I looked up several boats after that and you have to get to the late 90's before they book out half way right. I can go buy any new boat that I can afford. My buddy that is also my banker told me "they have a real nice pontoon boat that would be no problem to finance down at MS Marine and it has a 150 4-stroke on it if you want to go fast". Some people just have never been around a Donzi and don't understand what they are all about. I would take a 88-92 Z boat any time over some hunk of junk new boat form whoever. Come back in 10 years and tell me which was a better value!!

So anyway that is what I am talking about and I was just wondering does everybody pay cash for these things or roll them into other loans or what?

Formula Jr
01-12-2008, 01:27 PM
If you are a fan of the PBS show "Antiques Road Show" then you just get use to the total disconnect of the real market.
Would it not be fun, if on those PBS shows, they instantly had to buy the item for what they said it was worth?

Of Course, just having some idiot, expert on tv, say something is worth such and such, will make it so for the few cases needed to make the illusion work.

Don't sell a boat based on NADA and don't buy cars based on it either.

I sort of laugh when people pull out the "Kelly Blue Book Value for cars" as being meaningful. I've never found it to remotely match the street value.

SilverBack
01-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Formula Jr that is very true! It is amazing how much the "experts" really don't know.

McGary911
01-12-2008, 01:41 PM
When I first went to get insurance on the Crit', my insurer called me up and asked why I was trying to insure it for 25k? I told them that's what it's worth. They insisted it wasn't. I forwarded the email from someone who had offered me that amount, site unseen. They still insisted it wasn't worth that.

Some days all you can do is roll your eyes :rolleyes:

I could see where you would run into problems if you want to finance an older boat.....Ultimately THAT fact alone can hurt the value of our older boats.