PDA

View Full Version : Triple hatch 18 question

vonkamp
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
What was the years of those? Looked at one today, he said it was a 69. I say it's older than that. Anyone looking for a resto project?

Oh yea... It's a barrelback and I could not find a sn in the normal places

Greg
01-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I have a '66 single hatch ser.# 92. There is a fellow board member (pembrooke I think) who has a triple hatch. His numbers are somewhere around 72. Mine was made in Sept. of '66, his a little earlier. As far as I know they were only made in the early part of '66.

Donzi Racer
01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
[quote=vonkamp;434828]What was the years of those? Looked at one today, he said it was a 69. I say it's older than that. Anyone looking for a resto project?

I am I am, just curious about the condition and price range? Color would be nice. Email mishunaire@aol.com if you will. Thanks, Tom

penbroke
01-10-2008, 09:32 PM
All triple hatch boats are barrel backs and were only made in early '66. First year of production for the 18. Some may have been rigged or titled in later years. The state thinks mine is a '67 as it was sold as new that year.

The opening in the deck that the hatches cover is wider than the standard single hatch boats and I have seen at least one boat with the wider opening covered by a single hatch.

Post up some photos of it if you have any...

Frank :cool:

BERTRAM BOY
01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
I used to own hull #105. That now belongs to Rootsy.

As near as I could figure, it was completed in November or December of 1966.

hardcrab
01-11-2008, 09:42 AM
My '66 hatch opening has the dimensions of the triple hatch but was made (original factory) as a single hatch.
It also has the mount for the V-drive and block for rudder post that were never installed. It is the deep V.
Evidently this hull was outfitted with an outdrive to fill an order / get it out the door.

During my deck-off re-hab, I looked close and hard for any ID #'s.
Couldn't find anything (to my dissapointment)
:confused:

vonkamp
01-11-2008, 03:07 PM
I did take a few pics and will post them soon. Thanks for the info. All signs point to this boat being a 1966. I wish I could have found some numbers.

Donzi Racer
01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
[quote=penbroke;434872]All triple hatch boats are barrel backs and were only made in early '66. First year of production for the 18. Some may have been rigged or titled in later years. The state thinks mine is a '67 as it was sold as new that year.

The opening in the deck that the hatches cover is wider than the standard single hatch boats and I have seen at least one boat with the wider opening covered by a single hatch.

Post up some photos of it if you have any...

Penbroke, do you have any handy pics of your boat. I like that color. mishunaire@aol.com (mishunaire@aol.com) Thanks a lot, Tom

vonkamp
01-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Here's a couple of pics. Though I do believe the boat is off the market :) :rolleyes:

penbroke
01-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Then there are the boats with the wide opening covered by two hatches...

Frank :alligator

BlownCrewCab
01-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Is it just the Picture or do the strakes look like they need some love??????