PDA

View Full Version : No More Sweet 16??!!??

68 sixteen
01-08-2008, 07:33 PM
hey guys,

today i decided to go on donzimarine.com to look at their 2008 showroom lineup. THERE NOT MAKING THE SWEET 16 ANYMORE??? under classic series they only had the 16 classic, 18 classic and 22 classic. which also means they got rid of the 22 shelby GT. WHY IS THIS?? could this be the end of the legendary donzi sweet 16?

please reply. i need to know

mjw930
01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
I believe the Shelby GT was only intended to be a limited production run of 50 boats, perhaps fewer.

DonziFreak
01-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Like MJ said, the GT's were always intended to be a limited production boat, but I think the number built might be a little higher than 50? Not sure...

As for the sweet sixteen, I honestly don't know anything about that, but I also never heard anything about them being put out of production...

mjw930
01-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Please excuse a noobe but isn't the only difference between a Sweet 16 and the 16 Classic the seating layout?

If so, what's the big deal? The 2 + 2 layout is far more practical.

VetteLT193
01-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Please excuse a noobe but isn't the only difference between a Sweet 16 and the 16 Classic the seating layout?

If so, what's the big deal? The 2 + 2 layout is far more practical.

Yes, just the seating layout. I'd argue that both are practical, depending on how you use the boat. The 16 doesn't have a huge interior and the bench is nice and opens up the space a bit more... better for skiing too.

They just brought the sweet 16 back too... it was only back out for a year? must have not sold well.

chappy
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.donzi.net/dlist/skisporter/sh.htm
This thread made me do some digging, and I found the above page. I always thought the wrap around seating model was referred to as a ski-sporter, and the 2 + 2 seating was the sweet 16? Another discussion for the ages I guess............:beer:

GOLDWING
01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Hello 1st post
I have a Sweet 16 1991
Looking for a new steering wheel ( dog chewed and lived)
Also where can I find this Z Shop to buy apparel.
I'm from Canada and boat on Georgian Bay (Honey Harbour)

Glenn:canada:

need for speed
01-09-2008, 07:43 PM
intresting:alligator

DonziFreak
01-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I thought they called it 2+3 seating....or do they refer to the 16's as 2+2 because they are smaller than the 18's? I also thought the ****pit space was the same and that the only diffrence was length from the ****pit to the bow....

VetteLT193
01-11-2008, 07:59 AM
http://www.donzi.net/dlist/skisporter/sh.htm
This thread made me do some digging, and I found the above page. I always thought the wrap around seating model was referred to as a ski-sporter, and the 2 + 2 seating was the sweet 16? Another discussion for the ages I guess............:beer:

There is debate about it as far as the past is concerned, but the one thing that we know for sure is that Donzi currently refers to the "Sweet" as the wrap around, and the "Classic" as the set up with 2 barrel seats.

Hello 1st post

Here is a thread on the Z shop: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50474&highlight=apparel

chappy
01-11-2008, 08:52 AM
There is debate about it as far as the past is concerned, but the one thing that we know for sure is that Donzi currently refers to the "Sweet" as the wrap around, and the "Classic" as the set up with 2 barrel seats.
Thanks, but currently I can't find any reference to the "Sweet" 16 at all. In recent model years it was offered as that with the 1 + 3 setup, but nothing now. No big deal, this thread has made me come to the conclusion that I want one of each.:biggrin:

mjw930
01-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Here is a thread on the Z shop: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50474&highlight=apparel

Interesting that the thread dates back to September but the ZShop is still "Coming Soon" on their website......

penbroke
01-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Interesting that the thread dates back to September but the ZShop is still "Coming Soon" on their website......

Been "Coming Soon" for a very long time now...

Frank :lookaroun:

VetteLT193
01-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks, but currently I can't find any reference to the "Sweet" 16 at all. In recent model years it was offered as that with the 1 + 3 setup, but nothing now. No big deal, this thread has made me come to the conclusion that I want one of each.:biggrin:

They brought the "Sweet" back last year or the year before. I think it was just last year, but am not certain. There was some PR about it on the Donzi web site... They just dropped it in the last couple of weeks.

The only thing I can find is this snippet from a press release regarding the 2007 lineup. ".....stirring nostalgia with a Sweet 16 that’s virtually identical to its 1964 predecessor, ...."

chappy
01-11-2008, 12:13 PM
They brought the "Sweet" back last year or the year before. I think it was just last year, but am not certain. There was some PR about it on the Donzi web site... They just dropped it in the last couple of weeks.
The only thing I can find is this snippet from a press release regarding the 2007 lineup. ".....stirring nostalgia with a Sweet 16 that’s virtually identical to its 1964 predecessor, ...."
Found it, thanks, you are indeed correct. Here's a link about the 2007 lineup with the info.......
http://www.iboats.com/Donzi_Marine

fasttrucker
01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Hello 1st post
I have a Sweet 16 1991
Looking for a new steering wheel ( dog chewed and lived)
Call donzi parts and order stuff direct.Go to www.cpperformance.com and order a aftermarket steering wheel.Good luck getting thru to donzi parts dept.:smash:

Last Tango
01-11-2008, 04:26 PM
If you are truly planning on actually ORDERING a 2008 "Sweet 16" you need only contact your nearest dealer. Donzi has the molds.
There are a multitude of previous Donzi's that are not advertised, but if you ask, and pay, they will build...
Donzi's website is a poor reference for getting what you really want. Dealers can be better, if they have had the franchise for a number of years.
Donzi has not made a Z3250 in several years, but if you really wanted one, they would build it. The molds are still out back. Be prepared to shuck out big bucks for it, though. Golden Rule applies - those with the gold, rule.