PDA

View Full Version : New guy...

Donzi Vol
01-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey guys,

Some of you know me as Donzi Racer's "Little Nephew" (even though I'm in my mid 20's!). Well I'm finally able to go in with him on a Donzi, so I figure it's time to join up on the Registry. Yell at me whenever.

-David

joel3078
01-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Welcome aboard David.
You're lucky as heck that someones dad or uncle is introducing a 20 something to Donzi's. Enjoy.

RedDog
01-06-2008, 08:08 PM
gotta like your board handle!

Go Vols

Are you in Knoxvegas?

Donzi Vol
01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Haha. I was until about 6 months ago. I'm in Johnson City, TN now for a new job. I still get back quite a bit, though. I'll give you a shout when it warms up this summer and we'll go for a ride.

Anybody know of any Donzi's on Boone Lake or Watagua Lake in upper-east TN?

RedDog
01-07-2008, 07:14 AM
so did you buy the '66 barrel back that was for sell in Knoxville?

Sounds like a nice boat

cutwater
01-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Congrats! I think we have some mutual friends, namely Tinker. We spent a lot of time on Loudon this summer. We'll have to get together with RedDog when the weather warms up a bit. With that power combo, the only way I'll be able to keep up with you is if I'm in tow!

Donzi Vol
01-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Haha. Yep...that's the one. We're gonna do some cosmetics, but otherwise...what a boat! Tinker told me he had a friend that was crazy over Donzi's as well. We all need to get together for sure.

Do you have the Minx now?

BlownCrewCab
01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
David, Did you get a chance to ride yet? I think uncle Tom's been zoomin around every day. If he can't find where the oil is coming from he may bring it back up here, then (if it's not snowing) we could take it to the lake and test it. uncle toms got more cahona's than I thought, going that fast with only him in the boat, I'll bet it felt like "takeoff" was moments away. I saw the Pic's, it looked great. I Never got to see it run since I was allways driving. looks perfect...

Donzi Vol
01-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Haha. Yeah, bless his heart he's got a little more crazy in him than anything else! I haven't gotten to ride in it yet, but I can't wait. He said he just keeps liking it more and more each day. He told me about the oil. I can't get away from JC for the next couple of weeks, but I would definitely like to get in the water somehow! Do you think that you could email me the pic that your wife took right before we left? Thanks!!

Donzi Vol
01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks man. I'm pumped...I love boating, and Uncle Tom has had me hooked on Donzi's since I was a wee little tyke. Hopefully we'll be able to get it there and play around...that is if he ever lets me get ahold of it! :wink:

Donzi Vol
01-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Well guys, I hopped a plane yesterday to FL and hopped in the Barrel Back this evening with Tom. Let me tell you...it's a bad boy. More to follow...

BlownCrewCab
01-27-2008, 08:56 AM
You Finally got to go for a ride, what did you think???? How fast did you get? You need to keep telling uncle tom (subliminaly) (sp) "Uncle Tom,Want More Speed, Lose The Spacer"

It'll Go faster and feel safer (two words you don't hear together very often)

Mike

vonkamp
01-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Welcome to Donzi.net. I met your uncle and Aunt as they were passing thru Green Cove on the way to central FL with the "Quiet Please" in tow. Looks like a good one for sure.

Cheers,
Barry

BlownCrewCab
01-27-2008, 10:06 AM
I Don't care who you are, That Is Funny.

Quiet Please.

Donzi Vol
01-27-2008, 10:34 AM
You need to keep telling uncle tom (subliminaly) (sp) "Uncle Tom,Want More Speed, Lose The Spacer"

Hehe. He's planning on removing it soon. I'm sure he'll let you know how it goes. We're going out again in a little bit and are going to see what she'll do in a little bit of chop. Will let you know. Take care.

Vonkamp,
Thanks for the welcome. And yeah...the "Quiet Please" is what's on the minds of many fishermen as we roar by. Thanks Mike!:)

BlownCrewCab
01-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Wow, I Can't believe you held a camera that still going that fast. How'd that feel???? Do you want your tripple hatch that fast??? And he hasn't even removed the spacer yet, (Ha Ha) there's probably another 3-5mph left.. Hope you enjoyed it.

(we can put a 435 ci small block in the tripple hatch and make it faster than uncle toms, Just don't tell him)

Oh, Hey Tom, I Meant 335, you know a hyped up 327..

Donzi Vol
01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Well, I must say I think he was a little more stressed than I was at that time. He had the hard job! I'm thinking the triple should be more for show than speed (uncle tom might disagree...I dunno). It is nice to get "screw you" looks from fishermen though. He he

Donzi Racer
01-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Wow, I Can't believe you held a camera that still going that fast. How'd that feel???? Do you want your tripple hatch that fast??? And he hasn't even removed the spacer yet, (Ha Ha) there's probably another 3-5mph left.. Hope you enjoyed it.

(we can put a 435 ci small block in the tripple hatch and make it faster than uncle toms, Just don't tell him)

Oh, Hey Tom, I Meant 335, you know a hyped up 327..

The kid gets a Holman Moody 289 and if he is a good boy we may add trim to the outdrive. That ought to get him to 55 or so. right? I am going to include a pic or two of our fun weekend. It was cold, windy, and rough today. This thing feels like you have a rocket tied to your ass. This is the only boat I have driven in 40 years that I wasn't wishing for more power. Now speed is another thing. Always like more speed. Me and the KID had a blast this weekend. That is why I did not mind missing that Minx so bad. ha ha Ya'll come, and tell em momma an em says Hey! Tom

BlownCrewCab
01-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Wow, that thing looks like a low flying missle. How many rpm did it take to break 80mph? Looks like the small craft advisory conditions where perfect.:eek!:

Donzi Racer
01-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Wow, that thing looks like a low flying missle. How many rpm did it take to break 80mph? Looks like the small craft advisory conditions where perfect.:eek!:

I will tell you this, it was perfect conditions to scare the xxxx out of me and freeze my uh Toes off. ha ha Would you believe, lets see, uh, oh yea, we took off the rev limiter and 5800 rpm? I may break under direct Questioning!