PDA

View Full Version : Trick Powerboats?

kramermic
01-02-2008, 08:01 AM
While looking through some boat classifieds online, I stumbled upon a boat manufacturer called Trick Powerboats. Have any of you heard of this company? Seen one in person, running, or have driven one? Not really interested in having a cat boat but for the price and what they claim the boat is capable of... this seems like a hell of a deal.

www.trickpowerboats.com

WingWing
01-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I believe it is a spalsh of a boat called a 21 skater with a few modifications. Well built. I met a guy at a ramp that was trying to get his dialed in. He was only seeing mid 80's with a 3ooxs which is a bit lower than the claims made by the manufacturer. However, the way he was going about trying to dial it in, my guess is that the boat has a LOT more potential with someone who has an idea what they are doing and how to drive it. The boat was beautiful though with a lot of attention to detail.

kramermic
01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks. I did find that they were essentially a skater knock off. Great looking boat. Needs twin 200's imo.... not a big fan of single engine cat boats.

DonziFreak
01-15-2008, 06:29 AM
I almost rolled a single engine 21' skater :biggrin:

BlownCrewCab
01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
That little cat is one of my favorite boats ever. It'll probably be my next.

kramermic
01-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I almost rolled a single engine 21' skater :biggrin:

My point exactly....twins don't react the same way. The problem with those single engine cats is that the issues aren't when you'd expect it at high speeds.... more like 40 to 50 mph.

zelatore
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I had a chance to run a 21 Skater knock-off a few years ago. With a Merc 2.5 on the back I saw an indicated 110 on the speedo after a few practice runs. A little scarry as it was/is the only tunnel or cat I've driven.

Fast, but it struck me as cheap (flimsy) and more of a lake boat than anything I'd try in even modest conditions.

I think the one I ran was built by some of the Sanger guys out in the central valley. I do remember that it had a foot control and it was placed so baddly my knee was hitting the wheel. And I'm only about 5' 10".

TPB
01-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Hello to all....

My name is Jeff Haag. I am the owner of Trick Powerboats. We manufacture a 21' high performance catamaran and later this year we will introduce a new 26 footer.

I stumbled across this site and thread while doing maintenance on our website. I simply wanted to take a moment a clarify a few things.

1.) All of our boats powered with the 300XS run in excess of 100mph. To be more specific they run 102 with 14.5 x 30 ET Pro and 105 with 14.5 x 32 and they will do it as set-up from our shop. If someone saw one of our boats only running in the 80's with a 300XS, some has changed the set up. I would guess the boat that they saw was not one of ours. Of course I could be wrong.

2.) To date, we have only built one twin engine boat. It is our demo boat that is featured in the '08 Mercury Racing Propulsion Catalog. It's powered with 250XS's and runs 115mph. We haven't built any twin engine boats with 2.5's

3.) Top Speed Data as follows

Mercury 300X 108mph
Mercury 300XS 105mph
Mercury 250XS 99mph
Mercury 225Pro 93mph
Mercury 280SS 102mph

I'm assuming that the majority of member here are located here in the US. So you can look for boats in the following cities and states.

Atlanta Georgia
St Louis Missouri
Muscle Shoals Alabama
Las Vegas Nevada
Newport Beach California
Parker Arizona
Lexington Kentucky
Ft Lauderdale Florida

And for those who live abroad....

Kuwait
Abu Dhabi UAE
Horsens Denmark
Vienna Austria

We have built 18 of these boats to date.

You guys have a wonderful site here. And the Donzi is an amazing boat. As the 2008 season draws near, I wish you all a safe and enjoyable season!

Best Regards
Jeff Haag
Trick Powerboats
www.trickpowerboats.com (http://www.trickpowerboats.com)
jeff@trickpowerboats.com

Donzi Racer
01-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Hello to all....

My name is Jeff Haag. I am the owner of Trick Powerboats. We manufacture a 21' high performance catamaran and later this year we will introduce a new 26 footer.

I stumbled across this site and thread while doing maintenance on our website. I simply wanted to take a moment a clarify a few things.

1.) All of our boats powered with the 300XS run in excess of 100mph. To be more specific they run 102 with 14.5 x 30 ET Pro and 105 with 14.5 x 32 and they will do it as set-up from our shop. If someone saw one of our boats only running in the 80's with a 300XS, some has changed the set up. I would guess the boat that they saw was not one of ours. Of course I could be wrong.

2.) To date, we have only built one twin engine boat. It is our demo boat that is featured in the '08 Mercury Racing Propulsion Catalog. It's powered with 250XS's and runs 115mph. We haven't built any twin engine boats with 2.5's

3.) Top Speed Data as follows

Mercury 300X 108mph
Mercury 300XS 105mph
Mercury 250XS 99mph
Mercury 225Pro 93mph
Mercury 280SS 102mph

I'm assuming that the majority of member here are located here in the US. So you can look for boats in the following cities and states.

Atlanta Georgia
St Louis Missouri
Muscle Shoals Alabama
Las Vegas Nevada
Newport Beach California
Parker Arizona
Lexington Kentucky
Ft Lauderdale Florida

And for those who live abroad....

Kuwait
Abu Dhabi UAE
Horsens Denmark
Vienna Austria

We have built 18 of these boats to date.

You guys have a wonderful site here. And the Donzi is an amazing boat. As the 2008 season draws near, I wish you all a safe and enjoyable season!

Best Regards
Jeff Haag
Trick Powerboats
www.trickpowerboats.com (http://www.trickpowerboats.com)
jeff@trickpowerboats.com

Thanks so much for the info Jeff. That is one fine looking & running boat. Could you send a price list rigged with some of the engine options. Tom mishunaire@aol.com