PDA

View Full Version : Is this a 7 meter for sale in CA?

chappy
01-02-2008, 07:41 AM
http://powerboatlistings.com/view/2904
I thought I read that Brownie designed these, but I've never seen one. Any idea from the historians?

olredalert
01-02-2008, 09:10 AM
-----Thats a 7-Meter all right. I sold a very similar one brand new when I had my dealership back in the early 70s to a neighbor. It had twin 351s and was very snappy. Also very roomy as you can see. I cant remember about the Brownie tie-in but it sounds right as he had his mits into so much back then. Price on this one is just a guess. Through survey should absolutely be done, as there could be sooooo much wrong that you dont see..........Bill S

Lenny
01-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Could be had for 5K$-ish

pmreed
01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Brownie design, later went on to become the Nova.. Ours was equipped with 302 Holman Moody's (Remember the fuzzy carpet on the cabin ceiling Bill?? :D ) and was a true wave crusher... On my list of boats to be acquired in the future...
Guess that's why you keep walking around that one we keep seeing at Mt. Dora. It looked pretty solid to me.

zimm17
01-06-2008, 07:33 AM
My family had a 1969 7 meter for roughly 20 years, I grew up on it. Like mentioned above, a true wave crusher. She weighed over 5000 pounds loaded up. Twin HM 302's, volvo outdrives (good luck getting new lowers when they blow), 55 gallon fuel tank, enough teak wood to keep the kids busy every spring, and a very 70's funky yellow fuzzy carpet in the cabin.

It would cruise 35mph all day, or burn though all 55 gallons in a hour wide open at 50mph.

Drives are not trim-able on the go- you set them when the boat is out of the water and that's it.

We had lots of additions to ours- VDO gauges, speedo, compass, trim tabs, swim platform, etc.

Suprisingly it was a GREAT tow boat. I learned to ski behind it. It can plane at 25mph all day to tow pretty much anything. We figured it had the torque to tow 400 skiers, but the most we had at once was 4 at a time. Looked like Disney World that day.

Craig S
01-07-2008, 08:42 AM
My family had a 1969 7 meter for roughly 20 years, I grew up on it.

Thanks for sharing the pics!