PDA

View Full Version : Help!! A tree fell on my 23' Ragazza!!!What to do?

SilverBack
12-27-2007, 07:13 PM
I originally sent this message to onesubdriver but thought maybe I could get some more opinions if I just posted it! So fire away with your advice.

I am buying a 24' Black Widow so not much will transfer over to this boat. I wouldn't mind having a little go fast small block boat. I wouldn't mind selling all of these good parts either!!

I have a 1988 Ragazza 23' that a couple of trees fell on and busted beyond repair. I had just put a new Mercruser Alpha 1 out drive, high five prop (I also have a shifting quick silver prop), new interior before my last outing last year. I guess all of these things have 5 hours on them maybe. I also have a 5.7 Vortec motor with silent choice and it has a brand new carb with 5 hours on it. The boat was so good on that last outing I was really sick for a few days afterwards. I loved that boat. Anyway. I know you are a Ragazza guy. I also know you have done some x-18 restoration stuff. What do you think I should do with this stuff? All of the parts are in great shape and the hull, the rub rail and railing in the front, and the windshield is all that was damaged! I need to sale this stuff and or put it in a different boat?

What would you do?

Lenny
12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
The boat is DONE...

If it is not insured then fire sale all the pieces. Folks will be interested in the drive. The trailer looks ok too. The motor is something else too.

That is what I would do.

oh, and finally, IF it were me, I'd set fire to the hull in my driveway just to show the neighbours how much I love 'em. :D

SilverBack
12-27-2007, 09:14 PM
The trailer is in worse shape than it looks! The frame is twisted. The neighbor that the trees belong to is a company and they are writing me a check for the damages. SO I am going to have this stuff left over. onesubdriver has just about got me convinced to find an x-18 to put my good parts in.

What do you think??

Does anybody know of a good one minus power and outdrive that is for sale?

Donzigo
12-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Lenny is probably right. IMO you would need to disassemble the boat top from the bottom and rebuild both halves, then reassemble. Mucho work for a little return on investment.......

gcarter
12-28-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm in agreement....
Disassemble.
Look on eBay and do a search on Mercruiser or OMC. You'll see what I mean. Almost all the non fiberglass parts are saleable.
FWIW, that's how I got the windshield and extra hatch for the Minx.

VetteLT193
12-28-2007, 09:38 AM
The trailer is in worse shape than it looks! The frame is twisted. The neighbor that the trees belong to is a company and they are writing me a check for the damages. SO I am going to have this stuff left over. onesubdriver has just about got me convinced to find an x-18 to put my good parts in.

What do you think??

Does anybody know of a good one minus power and outdrive that is for sale?

There is a ragged out Cigarette 20 for sale on offshoreonly that could accept most of the parts you have.

SilverBack
12-28-2007, 08:28 PM
There is a ragged out Cigarette 20 for sale on offshoreonly that could accept most of the parts you have.

Vette,
I can't find the boat you were talking about. Can you give me a link?

Lenny
12-28-2007, 09:32 PM
This one will require glasswork on the transom for your 350/Alpha...

OSO http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/1974_cigarette_20_039-o20171-en.html