PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula 2008

SilverBack
12-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Does anybody have any information on the Eufaula event in 2008? Trying to get dates and such so I can plan my calander this year!!! Thanks!

Last Tango
12-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Eufaula Weekend is always scheduled for Labor Day weekend. We normally arrive on Friday throughout the day - some early, some late. Saturday we normally launch about 10:00 AM to do the run to the island. Saturday or Sunday evening Forrest and Ginny have hosted us at their home for an evening cookout, not to be missed.
It is a VERY layed back weekend. No minute to minute schedule, plenty of warm Southern Hospitality, boat talk, fresh air and sunshine, and a friendly relaxed time for all.
In 2007 we stayed in the waterfront cabins at the Lakepopint State Park and Resort on the Alabama side, and they were totally spectacular. Many of us have already booked reservations for those same cabins for 2008 for Labor Day weekend, again.
http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=18
More specifically, the dates for 2008 are August 29-September 1, 2008. The 1st is a Monday holiday.
This year will be the 10th anniversary of this gathering, So you may see references to Eufaula X or E10 or EX.

SilverBack
12-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info!! That was what I was looking for! It looks like I am buying Joel Ek's 24' Black Widow and I have decided to go to a few gatherings this year. I live in Mississippi so Eufaula is a natural if my schedule permits and the sooner I know about something the easier it is to shuffle things up a bit. Thanks again!!!

Forrest
12-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks Mark, for putting the first word out for the 2008 Eufaula Donzi event. As you know, this is our 10th annual event, and as we were talking earlier, we intend to make this one really special. Also by that time, we would think that the Lodge rooms at Lakepoint will be should be fully renovated and ready for occupancy.

502stang, we sure look forward to seeing you there!

SilverBack
01-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Forrest, I know that you sent me an email detailing this event. I can't find it if you did!! My wife was trying to make the reservations and when I tryed to search for the email it was not there. Thanks!

Last Tango
01-14-2008, 08:13 AM
'Stang,
Please read my post just a couple up from here. It has EVERYTHING you are asking for including a link to make your reservations.

SilverBack
01-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Mark,
I don't know if you are married or not. It would be great for me if I knew the time, date, place and I had my boat ready, I would be good to go. My wife, however, likes to know everything!:doh:What to wear? were we are eating? What we need to bring? You just have no idea. The email that I was refering to had some details about the event and the dinner over at Forrest place. Anyway I could get by fine with the information that you provided but SHE wants all the detail she can get. (She must have been a girl scout) She always wants to be prepared! Thanks guys!

BigGrizzly
02-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Stang Most of us bring our significant others. I have been doing it for ten years and never get a complaint from Her. Like Tango said Laid back. the most dressed up we get is to go out to dinner at a fish place or Mexican, Heals are not necessary unless that is what the wife calls you! During the day we get in the water a lot. If you look in the photo gallery under Eufaula 2006 there is a picture which shows all of us at Forest's house as dressed up as we get!!! This is the only event that if it rains(not often) we have as much fun as if the sun is out.

Last Tango
02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
'Stang,

Married - 38 years, 1 month, 13 days, 19 hours,...

...and counting.

Like Big Grizz says:
Swim suits.
Something to go over your swim suit.
Something to dry off with when you remove your swim suit.
A spare swim suit.

Heels are cute with skimpy swim suits (ladies only, please), but are hard on the boat upholstery and tough walking in the sand. I recommend flip-flops, sandals, or docksiders for footwear for the weekend. Anything else is just extra baggage.
Men need at least two clean T-shirts per day. One for daytime and one for nightime after boating.

marcdups
02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
And you will need a TOWEL, who knows maybe I'll show with a running boat this time and extra fuel for Forrest, :eek!: Towel Boy

SilverBack
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys. I will pass the info on to the BOSS. She will be glad to hear it. Now I just hope she doesn't pack a whole bunch of crap anyway.

Is there any place to for the kids to ride the golf cart around?

Thanks again!

Budmann
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Stang, I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!!!:angel::angel::angel: Wouldn't change her for the world!!!
I have found it is best to stay out of the way when any packing is happening. All I can say is just make more room in the truck!!!:):)::):)

Bud

Bigbroadjumper
02-09-2008, 10:12 AM
I spoke with my wife this morning and we have decided to make this our trip this year. We tried a few years ago but the storms chased us away. Would you recommend staying in a lake side cottage or one of the less expensive ones off the lake?
Is it still okay to bring my Magnum???

BigGrizzly
02-09-2008, 05:06 PM
If you don't bring the Magnum you will be shot on site. Besides Forrest needs someone to play with. As for accommodation you are spending most time on the water. we have a lake side cabin.

Last Tango
02-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Lakepoint has many options for your stay there. I suggest you select the one that meets your personal goals and needs. Most of us have been staying at the lake front cottages because they are extremely nice and afford a bit of community to our gathering. However, those staying at the hotel or uphill cabins enjoy our community by simply hanging out with the gang on the waterfront. It is very casual, very pleasant, and very welcoming regardless of your selection. There is no compulsory reason to stay at one place or the other. Those of us who have been attending this event for the last decade, have moved from one location to another as the opportunities have presented themselves.

SilverBack
02-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Ok..I got my Lake front cottage reserved. I am getting my boat together. My wife says that I don't have to make any extra room in the truck!! She says she will just pack it all in the cabin of the 25 ZX. I hope that I am not overloaded if we hit any scale houses:bonk:. I look forward to meeting you guys there!!

Last Tango
02-11-2008, 08:21 AM
BBJ & 'Stang,
Glad to see you folks on board for the event this year. We have always had a great, relaxing time, and I hope you will, too.

BigGrizzly always brings a few extra props, so if you are seriously in the market for a prop and want to do some testing, let him know what sizes you are considering and he will likely bring a couple for you to try.

Last Tango
05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Time to bring this back around to the front page, again, so folks will see it. Only 3 months away.

Forrest
05-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Time to bring this back around to the front page, again, so folks will see it. Only 3 months away.

Gee Mark, time sure does fly. It's Memorial Day weekend already, and I haven't even started the offical Eufaula X annoncement thread. :eek!:

Looks like I better do that today!

BigGrizzly
05-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Better get on the stick we are going to be there, I am ready.

Mr X
05-25-2008, 03:51 PM
If anyone has a LAKESIDE COTTAGE reserved and they can't make it...
DO NOT cancell your reservation!! I will buy it from you!!
Email me: tedwork@tampabay.rr.com.
Thank you!!

The Hedgehog
05-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Heck, I might come down as well!

It really hurt me to move away from that lake. Almost to the point where I hate to go back. I think it will be a nice time.

Last Tango
05-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Forrest posted a fresh new thread on this, so add your names to the list on that one.

BigGrizzly
06-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Looks like I will have to bring about 500 pounds of props this time. ten minutes to chande a prop 2 hours of BS then 15 minutes of boating and its prop time again. God I love this event, I am really glad that Emmo and Forrest started this many moons ago. Maybe some of the originals will grace us with their present. David O are you listening.