PDA

View Full Version : 2007 was not so great.....until now

Team Jefe
12-26-2007, 07:37 AM
As I type I am doing so with one hand, since I just had my right elbow operated on to remove scare tissue from an old fishing accident. (actually this is my second attempt at this thread as I fat fingered the first one and deleted it.)

with the exception of a great wedding in Cabo, 2007 has been pretty rough for Team Jefe, cuminating in the toasted starborad motor at PK.

well I now have a second good reason to remember 2007...as the year model of my NEW Evinrude E-tec 250's. :hyper::hyper:

I'm tired of typing, so I'll tell the story later, but suffice it to say we found a needle in the haystack.

Trueser
12-26-2007, 07:50 AM
That's Great Jefe,

PK 2008 will be a great time...

DonziChick
12-26-2007, 12:01 PM
I think I'm giving up on outboards. When I broke down everyone just kind of looked at it and scratched their heads.

2007 was not a good boating year for me either Jefe

BigGrizzly
12-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Sorry D Chick, It wasn't the outboard but the type. Most of our dual dealers (merc and Honda) call them Opti pops. I will admit that the new ones are better. My personal opinion is there are some great two stroke outboards out there as well as four strokes. However I would personally would only own a four stroke. When your dad called me I checked aroun with some of my dealer friends but there wasn't any one in the area that could help.

DonziChick
12-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Right about now - I wouldn't disagree with that name!

Jefe - hope your new ones run better than mine!

Team Jefe
01-02-2008, 09:37 AM
thanks guys, still typing with one hand, the staples come out today.

I am really looking forward to the new set up...i will have to relearn everything with the I-command system.

For the rest of the stroy:
I had Renee start seriously looking at the beginning of Dec. Mainly looking in FL, LA & TX for a good used pair, she put me ono several shops and I emailed them all looking for the "best deal of the year" in whatever they wer blowing out for year's end.

I lucked into a shop in Houston who had these motors as pull-offs from a 5 boat deal they had just done. so they had controls, I-command gauge sytem and everthing. basically I go the whole set up with installation, tax, etc. etc for wholesale prices on just the motors. they even did the refinancing so I can sell off the FICHT's.

JimG
01-03-2008, 06:22 AM
So, Jefe? When do we pick her up?:)

Team Jefe
01-03-2008, 08:58 AM
The only issue in thr air is the new dash panel, We are having it done at Team Marine, and they are working really slow right now...something about being frozen in and not able to work....whatever that means:wink:

I suspect we'll have her back around the first of Feb.