PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Cuba?

vonkamp
12-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Watching Fox news and Steve Harrigan is reporting from there. Other than the dictatorship, looks like an island paradise (at the waterfront anyway). I bet there is some primo scuba diving spots. Good cigars too. :)

WingWing
12-21-2007, 01:24 PM
last I heard it was a no no to visit for a US citizen. probably wont get a lot of folks who may or may not have gone to jamaica and hopped a shuttle flight with no passport stamps of the alleged cuban trip, if such a thing were even possible, chiming in. :)

hardcrab
12-21-2007, 01:44 PM
You can get a round trip ticket for $120. from Cancun.
The Cubans welcome American visitors. A passport is required but they will use a seperate piece of paper to stamp (that you return upon your return trip) so that your visit won't be documented in your passport book.
I imagine it won't be long before Castro's turn will be over and we'll have a better place to vacation than Las Vegas.

glashole
12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
tons of flights go from Canada daily

great spot :wink:
people are super nice
cheap vacation spot
recommend it fully

Shea

Last Tango
12-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Despite the travel prohibitions, I have been to Cuba several times, although most of that was limited to the Guantanamo Naval Base. Still, even American Servicemen are permitted to leave the base, as well as having Cuban civilians that come aboard the base each day and work there in a wide variety of capacities. There is no animosity between the US military or the Cuban civilians that work there. Each gets something they want.
Like the birds that land on hippos and crocodiles.
And despite what you read in the papers and see on TV, one reason Castro has maintained his distance from the US is to avoid being swallowed up by us like Puerto Rico. If we were so good for Puerto Rico, why do they still immigrate here? Why not just stay in paradise and enjoy the pleasures of American control? This is what taxation without representation does to small countries.
But Cuba is a very beautiful country with a great culture. It is far from perfect. So are we.
Sorry, Habba and Poodle. I know we aren't supposed to talk politics here. I apologize.

DonziFreak
12-21-2007, 08:39 PM
When I was about 7 or 8, my Grandfather told me something that stuck to me. "No matter where you go in the world, you will never find beaches as beautiful as Cuba's". Of course, I am a little biased on this.....since Cuba is in my blood. :rolleyes: