PDA

View Full Version : Will it fit the Christmas Stocking?

lars
12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
This one gotto be for someone who's been a really good one.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/509105428.html

jl1962
12-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Nice boat.....

Is that with 5 zeros?????? :shocking:

Donzi Racer
12-20-2007, 07:32 PM
This one gotto be for someone who's been a really good one.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/509105428.html

Lars, do you know a stefan from Sweden? Anyway, what size is that Donzi? Almost looks like a 14. That is an awful lot of 0's. Great looking boat. Tom

lars
12-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Lars, do you know a stefan from Sweden? Anyway, what size is that Donzi? Almost looks like a 14. That is an awful lot of 0's. Great looking boat. Tom

Hallo there Tom,
I know a few Stefans, but the only one on the Donzi Forum is using the user profile,
WAY2FAST
I don't know this Stefan and the search told me he's done only 3 posts. If You need help to search for somebody in Sweden I'd be happy to help out. I'm from Stockholm, Sweden and the truth is that it's easy to find people in Sweden and get references.
The McManus Donzi is so beefed up and customized that it's hard to tell what it is. I've spoken to Mark McManus in the past and he's a very outspoken, straight forward kind of guy, so if somebody is interested they will probably get pretty well informed after a conversation with Mark.
I posted it as I found it a little out of the ordinary. However I really found Your 1968 to be right up my alley. I hope it went to a good home, it deservs to be treasured. What's up next for You, kind of curious since You've had some great Donzi boats in the past.
Lars

DonziFreak
12-21-2007, 07:47 AM
If I remember correctly, this boat came up for sale not to long ago (3 maybe 4 months) and someone posted about it here on the registry...I think this boat is located here in Miami, if my memory serves me right....and its a Baby-14 (I believe)

DonziFreak
12-21-2007, 07:56 AM
I found the post.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50095

Donzi Racer
12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Hallo there Tom,
I know a few Stefans, but the only one on the Donzi Forum is using the user profile,
WAY2FAST
I don't know this Stefan and the search told me he's done only 3 posts. If You need help to search for somebody in Sweden I'd be happy to help out. I'm from Stockholm, Sweden and the truth is that it's easy to find people in Sweden and get references.
The McManus Donzi is so beefed up and customized that it's hard to tell what it is. I've spoken to Mark McManus in the past and he's a very outspoken, straight forward kind of guy, so if somebody is interested they will probably get pretty well informed after a conversation with Mark.
I posted it as I found it a little out of the ordinary. However I really found Your 1968 to be right up my alley. I hope it went to a good home, it deservs to be treasured. What's up next for You, kind of curious since You've had some great Donzi boats in the past.
Lars

Thanks Lars for the reply. I was curious about Stefan since that is where the barrel back might be heading. I have noticed a lot of interest for Donzi's in Sweden. Hope it continues. Thanks for the good words on our 18, it is something else. Wish I could afford to just show it but I need something to put into the water and enjoy. We are having a devil of a time making up our minds what we want to do now. We have the oportunity to redo a 14 baby, take a ready to go Minx, or finish another barrel back. I got the biggest thrill finishing that Barrel Back, so now maybe time to work on another, but leaning real hard towards the 14. Give me your thoughts, Tom :)

lars
12-22-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks Lars for the reply. I was curious about Stefan since that is where the barrel back might be heading. I have noticed a lot of interest for Donzi's in Sweden. Hope it continues. Thanks for the good words on our 18, it is something else. Wish I could afford to just show it but I need something to put into the water and enjoy. We are having a devil of a time making up our minds what we want to do now. We have the oportunity to redo a 14 baby, take a ready to go Minx, or finish another barrel back. I got the biggest thrill finishing that Barrel Back, so now maybe time to work on another, but leaning real hard towards the 14. Give me your thoughts, Tom :)
Hallo there Tom,
I have to thank DonziFreak for being kind and help with the thread about the wild red 14 Baby and after reading the thread I was very taken by the look of the little Blue Bird 14 Baby. It's a stunning looking little boat. So if You don't mind taking on this 14 Baby You got lined up I would be very pleased 'cause I now You would do it right. Since there's so few of them I wish this for the Donzi community, however there's always fun to do something new, so I will send You a PM with an ad of a boat that I can't do that is another cup of tea, but I think is attractive to most Donzi fans. It's a 20' Bertram in a rare configuration.
Interesting to hear that You've got a Swedish buyer for Your boat, it doesn't surprise me. The Swedes have allways been into Donzi Boats. They are very quality consious. Don Aronow made a great impression on the boating community when he came there the first time in 1967 and raced. Boats with a deep vee hull was ideal in the conditions we have back home. Since most people have to use their own boat, early spring or late autumn on rough days, to get to their weekend cabins on the small islands around the Swedish coastline. Jim Wynne designed many of our most popular boats made by Scandinavian manufacturers. The Dollar is very weak as You know, so right now many Europeans are here buying cars and boats of interest. Well I bet the new owner is stoked. He paid half the money for Your boat compared to a new low quality boat of similar size without an engine in Sweden.
The Bertram below(Check Your PM) and a couple of photos of Don Aronow in Sweden 1967.

Donzi Racer
12-22-2007, 02:54 PM
{Hallo there Tom,
I have to thank DonziFreak for being kind and help with the thread about the wild red 14 Baby and after reading the thread I was very taken by the look of the little Blue Bird 14 Baby. It's a stunning looking little boat. So if You don't mind taking on this 14 Baby You got lined up I would be very pleased 'cause I now You would do it right. Since there's so few of them I wish this for the Donzi community, however there's always fun to do something new, so I will send You a PM with an ad of a boat that I can't do that is another cup of tea, but I think is attractive to most Donzi fans. It's a 20' Bertram in a rare configuration.
Interesting to hear that You've got a Swedish buyer for Your boat, it doesn't surprise me. }

Lars, thanks again for the kind words. I am looking forward to doing the 14 if that is where we are lucky enough to be able to. The Bertram is very neat, but not our cup of tea. We wish we could just start a Donzi Marina. We are having the time of our lives in Florida with all the Donzis. We looked for a classic Donzi for 15 years in Alabama before the internet came along and saw 1 boat in all that time. Now I see an older Donzi a day I would buy if I had enough $. Be neat to start a early Donzi Museum. We do it the same way we do it in the antique business. We love buying and knowing we had our hands on them. When they go to someone else, it is still ours. ha ha That is the only problem with the 14, if we do it, I do not know if I would ever be able to let it go! Would break my heart. Also looking for any other 14 ft donzis that might be for sale. Someone said something about one in Michigan. Would love to get some info on it. Maybe need to start a thread in the wanted dept. Thanks, Tom

lars
12-23-2007, 12:06 AM
{Hallo there Tom,
Interesting to hear that You've got a Swedish buyer for Your boat, it doesn't surprise me. }

Lars, thanks again for the kind words. I am looking forward to doing the 14 if that is where we are lucky enough to be able to. The Bertram is very neat, but not our cup of tea. We wish we could just start a Donzi Marina. We are having the time of our lives in Florida with all the Donzis. We looked for a classic Donzi for 15 years in Alabama before the internet came along and saw 1 boat in all that time. Now I see an older Donzi a day I would buy if I had enough $. Be neat to start a early Donzi Museum. We do it the same way we do it in the antique business. We love buying and knowing we had our hands on them. When they go to someone else, it is still ours. ha ha That is the only problem with the 14, if we do it, I do not know if I would ever be able to let it go! Would break my heart. Also looking for any other 14 ft donzis that might be for sale. Someone said something about one in Michigan. Would love to get some info on it. Maybe need to start a thread in the wanted dept. Thanks, Tom

Love the idea with a Donzi Museum Tom. As it is You're still an invalueable contributor to the Donzi Legazy by bringing Your restored ones to good new homes. Will keep an I out on the internet for You in case an object shows up that I think is Your cup of tea.

Regards,
Lars

Donzi Racer
12-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Love the idea with a Donzi Museum Tom. As it is You're still an invalueable contributor to the Donzi Legazy by bringing Your restored ones to good new homes. Will keep an I out on the internet for You in case an object shows up that I think is Your cup of tea.

Regards,
Lars

Thanks Lars, http://www.grundy.com/newsletter/newsletter110907_000.asp We do enjoy anything to do with the older Donzis. Take a look at our other Hobby which is Chrysler TC by Maserati. We have bought a few of these and fixed them up, sell them and try to keep them on the road. They seem to be worth more in parts than the whole cars are so we try to keep them out there. Read the story in the above link and see how we got hooked. Best car I have ever seen as far as fun to cost factor. ha ha
Anyone that has any info, colors, or equipment options on the Donzi 14's either the baby or the fisherman model, we would appreciate it. Send to Mishunaire@aol.com. I know they are going to throw us off this link sooner than later so I will try and start a thread on the registry for it. Tom